Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2009, 01:47 AM

24,908 posts, read 39,352,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
It's not uncommon to receive damages for "mental cruelty" though--it's pretty common, in fact.
Speaking as a lawyer - Its actually pretty RARE to get such type of damages. VERY rare
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 01:52 AM

27,200 posts, read 46,776,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
And now we see that you are childish as well as ignorant. So your saying you have the right to beat someone to a pulp or even kill them for offending you? Sweet, you have offended me several times, does that give me the right to bash your head in? People who constantly preach their religion to me and try to make me see their way offend me, does that mean I can beat them up?
Yes, if you manage to find me, you can certainly TRY to do so. I don't hold much hope for your success rate--many have tried.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Well, all I can say is you won't be missed here.

Obviously you know little of law or the legal system.
I know more than I care to about the legal system. You know it's like sausage? You really don't want to know what goes on to make it happen. And I know of plenty of people who have successfully pled mental cruelty and been rewarded with victory in their case.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:51 AM

1,778 posts, read 2,359,725 times
Quote:
Yes, if you manage to find me, you can certainly TRY to do so. I don't hold much hope for your success rate--many have tried.
Okay, well now...I have no reason to "find" you. You have done nothing wrong, even if you have offended me. Being offended does not give me or anyone the right to cause physical harm.

p.s. - There would be no TRY, Been in many, many fights, those days are behind me, but I do continue to train for such an occasion. FYI - never lost a fight. ALso, I have gone to jail for some of those fights, many of which I was defending a woman from some jerk.

I hope a cop offends you one day, and you use your logic on them...lol..let us know how that works out.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:10 AM

Might end up with a dead cop--one never knows.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:19 AM

19,018 posts, read 25,260,229 times
Quote:
Might end up with a dead cop--one never knows.
I don't know if you're trolling or not, but your last few posts sound psychotic. I hope you see a therapist or something before you hurt somebody.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:19 AM

As I've said before, there are various ways of dealing with it. I already HAVE hurt people for offending me, and they stop offending.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:51 AM

4,275 posts, read 5,428,754 times
Quote:
It's not uncommon to receive damages for "mental cruelty" though--it's pretty common, in fact.
And you would be unable to prove that PDA's are...

A form of mental cruelty, and...

that the persons performed said PDA's did so in an effort to CAUSE you harm.

These two factors, being absolutely asanine, would get your case thrown out of court.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
And you would be unable to prove that PDA's are...

A form of mental cruelty, and...

that the persons performed said PDA's did so in an effort to CAUSE you harm.

These two factors, being absolutely asanine, would get your case thrown out of court.
I'd be surprised if it even got that far...to be honest. Since no one is going to be taking me to court for doing something that offended me.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:22 PM

4,275 posts, read 5,428,754 times
Quote:
I'd be surprised if it even got that far...to be honest. Since no one is going to be taking me to court for doing something that offended me.
That was directed at your flawed thinking. That was to illsutrate to YOU that your idea that being offended gave you some inherent right to physically attack someone and/or take them to court because they offended you with PDA's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates