Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2009, 07:31 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,260,441 times

Advertisements

People who approve of circumcision don't care what other people do.
People who don't approve of circumcision are wierdly obsessed with what other people do.

Only circumcised men can decide if they are happy about it or not. Most are, and choose it for their own sons. I don't see why that's anyone elses business though.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:36 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,697,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
People who approve of circumcision don't care what other people do.
People who don't approve of circumcision are wierdly obsessed with what other people do.

Only circumcised men can decide if they are happy about it or not. Most are, and choose it for their own sons. I don't see why that's anyone elses business though.
Right.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised by how much some people seem to think about circumcision. It virtually never crosses my mind. And I'm a little surprised by how militant some people are about it.

I've never once so much as even considered telling somebody to circumcise, or not circumcise their boy. Never.

Very strange.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Getting a shot is nothing like getting a piece of your penis cut off.
Do you actually have anything to add to the discussion?

And by the way, taking measure to prevent potential illnesses and/or problems are closely connected - whether you want to admit it or not.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:03 PM

284 posts, read 543,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
So you're opposed to something that would promote better health?

Maybe you should give your infant son a cigar and a bottle of Vodka too.
Quote:
That's the whole point. It DOESN'T.

What DOES apparently promote better health is circumcision. And that is the point (pun intended) of the article, and of this thread.
Quote:
So... If it could be conclusively shown that circumcision would reduce the spread of HIV in Africa, by a mere 10%, would it not be worth considering?
Quote:
Pfffttt... That was so "last decade"! They needed something new to spend several million dollars of government grant money to study. Come on!
Quote:
How do you know that?

I'm not arguing the point, I'm just wondering how you know that to be true.
Quote:
Yep. Pretty much.

I'm not in favor of anybody being forced to undergo any kind of circumcision. But there does seem to be a fairly large body of evidence suggesting that there are health benefits.

http://www.circinfo.net/pdfs/GFM-EN.pdf (broken link)

CIRCUMCISION: An Evidence-Based Appraisal
Quote:
So then go ahead and be smart alec and ignore what is apparently a mountain of evidence suggesting that circumcision has multiple health benefits.

Your choice.
Quote:
Apparently you FAILED TO READ the links provided on Post #30.

Typical.

So go ahead and believe whatever you want to believe.
Quote:
Ahhh yes... Yet another arrogant, sarcastic, ill-thought-out religious dig by yet another arrogant, sarcastic zealously religions Atheist. Sheesh, you people and your mantra are a dime a dozen!
Quote:
Please don't encourage him to do that...

No wait, I guess it really doesn't matter, does it?
Quote:
No you didn't. If you did you would have said, "I did read THEM."

But I'll play your game... What part did you not agree with, and on what basis?
Quote:
If YOU had read it, you would know that it's a link that links hundreds of other sources of information.

So they're all unreliable, because YOU say so?
Quote:
Look, how many times do you need to be told the same thing? You're actually getting pretty boring.

Even so, if you think there's something wrong with circumcision, don't do it. It's your choice.
Quote:
I think that circumcision is probably a better and more beneficial practice in cultures where there is not very good hygiene.
Quote:
Ancient cultures, for one.

Third world countries for another.
Quote:
You know, it really doesn't matter to me at all what you think of circumcision. I don't care what anybody does.

But there does seem to be a body of evidence supporting the health/medical benefits of it. That is all.

CIRCUMCISION: An Evidence-Based Appraisal
Quote:
Valid point. But it might also be good to know how many cavemen lived longer than 25 years and/or what diseases or infections killed them off.
Quote:
You're absolutely determined to make a fight out of this, aren't you?

Don't bother simply discussing something, just try to provoke a fight.

Well... Have at it. But you'll probably end up just fighting with yourself. Byebye.
Quote:
I don't really care what you do. And you might notice that I'm not the first person to call you out for just wanting a mindless fight. There has been evidence shown you, which you ignored in favor of just arguing. There have been links provided for you, which you have ignored in favor of just arguing.

So go ahead and fight. Please feel free.
Quote:
"Sense" is not the native language of the penis.
Quote:
I think you should start your own thread entitled, "I'm So Super Insecure About My Penis That I Cannot Even Let Anybody So Much As TALK About Circumcision!!!!!!"

Would that make you happy?
Quote:
Because I'm preoccupied with calling out stupidity.
Quote:
Save your pity, O Obsessed One. Several others have already called you out for your nonsense, so save it.

I could care less what you and your little member do. But it's absolutely stupid to act as though there is NOT a whole body of evidence suggesting that - at least in some cases - circumcision has been a good thing.

But if you're so insecure about it, so be it. Not my problem.
Quote:
Is that with a circumcised or uncircumcised penis?
Quote:
Actually, you're hallucinating.
Quote:
I've seen that same sentiment. The anti-circumcision crowd seems to be not only angry and defensive, but border-line militant - as if they want to outlaw the procedure.

So much for tolerance and choice.
Quote:
I have no idea whether or not the anti-circumcision crowd is also anti-abortion. I guess I don't see that the two are connected.

I'm also a little puzzled as to why you'd say that being uncircumcised would be a "deal breaker" for you, regarding a man. I just don't know why it matters so much, one way or the other.
Quote:
Wow. Thanks for adding SO MUCH to the discussion.
Quote:
Ummm... Fingers don't have foreskins that, if not cleaned properly, get filled with all kinds of bacteria and increase the risk of "finger cancer."
Quote:
You have a REAL hang-up regarding giving people the choice to circumcise a child, don't you?

Very telling...

Many studies have concluded that there are quite a few health risks connected with non-circumcision. So why are you so opposed to giving people the right to choose to play it safe? What's the real issue here? Do you not believing in giving people the choice to do as they wish?
Quote:
What if I chop your whole wiener off since you might rape somebody with it? Ridiculous.

We immunized all 3 of our kids because without it they could have gotten all kinds of very serious illnesses. And guess what? We didn't ask them! As adults, as their parents, not only did we know more than them, we were responsible for their well being. So we did what we felt was the right thing for our children. As a result, none of our kids got Polio, or Measles, or Mumps, or Rubella. Apparently we made the right choice.

We also had our two sons circumcised. And frankly, anybody who doesn't like it can take a flying leap. It was our choice to do what we felt was best for our children.

I'd suggest you do the same.
Quote:
Right.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised by how much some people seem to think about circumcision. It virtually never crosses my mind. And I'm a little surprised by how militant some people are about it.

I've never once so much as even considered telling somebody to circumcise, or not circumcise their boy. Never.

Very strange.
"It virtually never crosses my mind." ~ Omaha Rocks on circumcision

Old 09-19-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWARK MAGIC View Post
"It virtually never crosses my mind." ~ Omaha Rocks on circumcision
What's your point, other than to make some stupid remark that is clearly seen for what it is?

Hmmm... I have to wonder - prior to running across this thread - when the last time was that I really gave much thought to circumcision. I'd have to say that that was about 23 years ago, when my wife & I decided to have our second son circumcised.

On the other hand, I'm kind of flattered that you're SO obsessed with me. But what it really seems to indicate is that your life must be terribly pathetic and boring.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:15 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,880,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
When you take a shower, you wash the rest of your private area, whats so hard about pulling your forskin back. I s everyone that lazy?
Yes, they are!
I don't want to get too visually disturbing here, but, they smell, like a**, which does not make somebody want to do "nice" things to it, okay?
I vote for "do whatever" you like, it's your child, but most women prefer it to be circumcised, period.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
What's your point, other than to make some stupid remark that is clearly seen for what it is?

Hmmm... I have to wonder - prior to running across this thread - when the last time was that I really gave much thought to circumcision. I'd have to say that that was about 23 years ago, when my wife & I decided to have our second son circumcised.

On the other hand, I'm kind of flattered that you're SO obsessed with me. But what it really seems to indicate is that your life must be terribly pathetic and boring.
You call my life pathetic and boring when you have made over 3,300 posts in 5 months!!!!!

Your a$$ must be stuck like glue to that chair in front of your computer at this point!!!!

Even circumcised men have to wash also.

Ughhh..... I can just imagine the mess you got brewin' after the 20 hours you spent fastened to that chair today!!!!

I know. Now comes the part where your feelings get hurt and you press the report button.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWARK MAGIC View Post
You call my life pathetic and boring when you have made over 3,300 posts in 5 months!!!!!

Your a$$ must be stuck like glue to that chair in front of your computer at this point!!!!

Even circumcised men have to wash also.

Ughhh..... I can just imagine the mess you got brewin' after the 20 hours you spent fastened to that chair today!!!!

I know. Now comes the part where your feelings get hurt and you press the report button.
No, now comes the point where I join virtually every single person on this forum who simply ignores you.

I won't put you on IGNORE, because I honestly don't care enough about you to do that.

Basically, I'll just ignore you. And I'll ignore you because you're that's all you're worth.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:49 PM

I guess that's why I just got 5 new reps in the first 10 minutes since I posted.
And the only reason why someone wont put another poster on ignore is because they know the poster makes sense or they are interested in what they have to say.

Circumcision..... Circumcision...... Circumcision

It's getiing late.... peel yourself off that stool and hose that mess off.....

Circumcision.....

Old 09-19-2009, 08:53 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,168,746 times
Quote:
You have a REAL hang-up regarding giving people the choice to circumcise a child, don't you?

Very telling...

Many studies have concluded that there are quite a few health risks connected with non-circumcision. So why are you so opposed to giving people the right to choose to play it safe? What's the real issue here? Do you not believing in giving people the choice to do as they wish?
Nice deflection, next time try and answer the question.
Find me one autopsy report where it says "cause of death: foreskin".
Parents do not have the right to mutilate their children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates