Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2009, 04:52 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,907,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
I've been with both, and they are both fine and work just fine, but I think all the research says that uncut men have more pleasure during sex. I don't even think that is the point, the point is that there is no reason to do it, it's painful, it's cosmetic, and it's a surgery that can go wrong. Once it goes wrong, it cannot be reversed or fixed. Leave your boy's penis alone and let him decide if he wants to slice off the top of it. I'm not sure what obsession Americans have with circumcision, it just isn't done worldwide and should not be a routine thing.
If it falls under the realm of religion, I think we should leave it alone. Jews all over the world do it.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:48 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,168,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
I've been with both, and they are both fine and work just fine, but I think all the research says that uncut men have more pleasure during sex. I don't even think that is the point, the point is that there is no reason to do it, it's painful, it's cosmetic, and it's a surgery that can go wrong. Once it goes wrong, it cannot be reversed or fixed. Leave your boy's penis alone and let him decide if he wants to slice off the top of it. I'm not sure what obsession Americans have with circumcision, it just isn't done worldwide and should not be a routine thing.
I glad at lease one person agrees with me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
This isn't a individual choice, this is another person imposing a irreversible unnecessary surgical procedure without anesthetic on another human being.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
If it falls under the realm of religion, I think we should leave it alone. Jews all over the world do it.
A religion doesn't get too do what it won't, else we would have let those priest keep having their way with the children.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:33 AM

284 posts, read 543,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I've been seeing quite a few logical fallacies, dishonest comparisons, and outright lies in GPlex's rants.

I held my two sons while, as infants, they were circumcised. It is NOT this horrific ordeal he/she claims - complete with blood squirting everywhere, screaming and crying, a penis mutilated, and extreme pain for a month. It just isn't. If it was an adult being circumcised, that's a different story. But not a baby.

Everybody is free to make their own choice, regarding circumcision. I'm a bit puzzled why GPlex simply cannot accept that fact.
Since you brought up the appearance of "logical fallacies":

Your above post contains a hipocritical statement. You seem to be saying that if an adult is circumcised it would be a horrific ordeal, but not for a baby. Since infants and adults are both humans with the same physiological make-up, why would it be acceptable to circumcise one but not the other? This statement appears to go against everything you have been submitting so far in support of your argument concerning circumcision. Please explain.

Last edited by NEWARK MAGIC; 09-23-2009 at 08:38 AM.. Reason: a

Old 09-23-2009, 08:42 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,695,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWARK MAGIC View Post
Since you brought up the appearance of "logical fallacies":

Your above post contains a hipocritical statement. You seem to be saying that if an adult is circumcised it would be a horrific ordeal, but not for a baby. Since infants and adults are both humans with the same physiological make-up, why would it be acceptable to circumcise one but not the other? This statement appears to go against everything you have been submitting so far in support of your argument concerning circumcision. Please explain.
I'm flattered by your relentless obsession with me. Really, I am.

Now... IF you were a parent, and actually knew anything about this, you would know that infants and children heal MUCH faster than adults. Period.

Since you don't understand that, there won't be any reason to try to explain it.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:04 AM

284 posts, read 543,344 times
Quote:
I'm flattered by your relentless obsession with me. Really, I am.

Now... IF you were a parent, and actually knew anything about this, you would know that infants and children heal MUCH faster than adults. Period.

Since you don't understand that, there won't be any reason to try to explain it.
[MOD CUT/personal attack]
I am a parent: I have four uncircumcised sons who I taught how to clean themselves properly. You were not refering to the healing process inthe first part of your statement, you claimed that it would be painful for an adult but not a baby. That is a lie and it approached the realm of a sick and twisted attitude concerning infants.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-23-2009 at 09:04 PM..

Old 09-23-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
I am a parent: I have four uncircumcised sons who I taught how to clean themselves properly. You were not refering to the healing process inthe first part of your statement, you claimed that it would be painful for an adult but not a baby. That is a lie and it approached the realm of a sick and twisted attitude concerning infants.
I have to agree with you.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:35 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,198,196 times
Quote:
I think that I addressed this issue many pages back.

No child or adult that has been circumcised has any painful memories of being cut. In fact, they have no memories at all of the procedure, let alone their childbirth. These circumcised men have zero traumas about what happened to them while so young.

On the other hand, the older we get, the more these sorts of uncomfortable or painful events are remembered. Having broken bones, the tonsils out or getting certain vaccinations during childhood are still remembered as adults. And any man that gets a vasectomy remembers the pain long afterwards if he chooses to dwell on it.

So that is why it's best to be circumcised as infants. It's over and done with, and there are no painful memories for later on.

Anyway, it seems to me that cut men hardly ever think about their missing foreskin or miss it... but for some reason, the uncut men are very defensive about not being cut and are overthinking about the circumcision procedure. Heaven forbid a scalpel ever touch their penis. lol

And imo it's like the pro-lifers crying over what might have happened if their own mothers had aborted them... and when they tell me what if I had been aborted, I feel... eh so what? I wouldn't be here, no biggie. No reason to have nightmares over not existing. And I am not afraid of what happens after I die either. Nothingness is nothing to be frightened of.

Again, if you are an adult uncut man, that's fine with me and just go on with your life. But I have to say that I knew Gplex in real life and knew that he was posting in a thread like this one, I would think him very creepy for his obsession with his penis tip.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:55 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,695,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Again, if you are an adult uncut man, that's fine with me and just go on with your life. But I have to say that I knew Gplex in real life and knew that he was posting in a thread like this one, I would think him very creepy for his obsession with his penis tip.
That is kind of interesting. The anti-circumcision crowd does seem rather obsessed with their penises. I was not aware - until reading this thread - that it was such a big deal.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
I think that I addressed this issue many pages back.

No child or adult that has been circumcised has any painful memories of being cut. In fact, they have no memories at all of the procedure, let alone their childbirth. These circumcised men have zero traumas about what happened to them while so young.
Good news, rapist only have to drug their victims so they do not remember what happens. They have no memories of the act, it will have zero trauma. Hey we can cut off anything, as long as you don't remember its fine....

Quote:
On the other hand, the older we get, the more these sorts of uncomfortable or painful events are remembered. Having broken bones, the tonsils out or getting certain vaccinations during childhood are still remembered as adults. And any man that gets a vasectomy remembers the pain long afterwards if he chooses to dwell on it.
There is no reason to impose a unnecessary surgical procedure on another human being with out anesthetic.

Quote:
So that is why it's best to be circumcised as infants. It's over and done with, and there are no painful memories for later on.
You do not have the right to cut off anything you want just because they are infants. You lack of compassion for children is disturbing.

Quote:
Anyway, it seems to me that cut men hardly ever think about their missing foreskin or miss it... but for some reason, the uncut men are very defensive about not being cut and are overthinking about the circumcision procedure. Heaven forbid a scalpel ever touch their penis. lol
Have you ever seen a child who is missing all their limbs from birth? They don't miss their limbs, not until they are older and realized something is different.

Quote:
And imo it's like the pro-lifers crying over what might have happened if their own mothers had aborted them... and when they tell me what if I had been aborted, I feel... eh so what? I wouldn't be here, no biggie. No reason to have nightmares over not existing. And I am not afraid of what happens after I die either. Nothingness is nothing to be frightened of.
What has this got to do with circumcision?

Quote:
Translation. "Gplex go away, I can't justify my beliefs".

Old 09-24-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
That is kind of interesting. The anti-circumcision crowd does seem rather obsessed with their penises. I was not aware - until reading this thread - that it was such a big deal.
Anti - unnecessary surgical procedures without anesthetic performed on children
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates