Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 11:50 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,990,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post

In interesting observation that somebody told be about black girls is to look at the profile pictures of black girls on myspace and you will notice there are MANY pictures of butts and rump shaking videos, however, look at the pictures of white/Asian/Indian girls and you will see pictures of there actual face.

I mean, we all know black women have nice butts but the observation points to the the fact of how black women view themselves due to all the commercialization of there specific body part. Thats all many of them think they are good for.
All that you wrote is very good. But, I am highlighting this section of your post because I take it to heart.

When I went to college, race barriers were really being broken down (or at least we thought they were). So, as was typical in college, everyone was friendly, and easily got into conversations with almost anyone that you sat next to on campus, or in the student lounges.

And so if I, as a white guy, sat down and just made small talk with a white girl - She took it as that. We were making small talk, and nothing else.

But, many times I would try to make small talk with a black girl, and often there was a suspicion about my motives. And, the truth is, I was being friendly.

And so, I learned not to bother. I did not want to be accused of harrassing someone, or hitting on someone for sex.

And yes, there were white girls that were also like this - But, it just seemed more so with the black girls.

And it was a shame - It became a barrier to open communications, and developing simple, honest friendships.

And maybe there is a lesson for the OP here, and many guys like him (black guys that wonder why white girls aren't so receptive toward them).

Ease up. Become friends before "going for the gold".

And if a woman does not become interested in you - Don't take it to heart. It's not because of predjudice or anything else. This whole nonsense about "Well, variety is the spice of life" is just that, nonsense.

In reality, we all tend to be more attracted to people like ourselves. It's what we know, what we are familiar with - It's simply a mirror us that we are attracted to.

If a woman feels more comfortable with someone that looks like her, has the same background, same tastes in things, same culture - what's wrong with that?

Old 09-18-2009, 07:09 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
It's not that, but rather a matter of why black men, or anyone for that matter, would be limited in who they "should" be attracted to. We also question the artificial conventions that too often lead women of other ethnicities who might be otherwise genuinely attracted to and compatible with black men to question and in many cases supplant their impulses with indifference and outright avoidance.

I'm not saying he should be limited to one ethnic group, or anyone else for that matter.

However, he only seems to be bringing up relationships with women of other ethnic groups. He even mentioned that when he was in other countries he seemingly only had relationships with other ethnic groups. I'm curious as to why he is only focused on dating women of other ethnicities.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:21 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
You shouldn't, but then it's not a matter of whether the OP is likely to reject you based on that - it is clear that he would certainly appreciate it if more American women were as "accepting" as their counterparts abroad. What is in question is whether or not you, as an American woman, would reject him based on the stereotypes of black men too many American women (at least in his experience) tend to subscribe to.
I believe white women are more accepting of black men then black women dating white men. Most mixed couples are black man / white woman.

The same cultural preferences affect the choices of white & black women. Why don't more black women accepting of and date white guys ?

A white guy wants to know.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:17 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,260,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLightan View Post
Why has the World or at least the Eastern Hemisphere put race aside however America has not? Maybe that is the real question. Why am I not truly accepted by the mainstream in when basically I did everything right here in America, but the world accepts me? An answer to the question I posed is the American media that continues to belittle and defame black people, and portray our culture as inferior. There are other variables, and I could use other examples based on current evens to validate my point. It is so ironic indeed.
Sadly, the world hasn't really put race aside -- it's just that some countries deal with it in a different manner compared to the United States.

Here's are a few links that might be somewhat informative....

Massive deportation of Africans from Germany
CBC News In Depth: France riots
Blacks in Mexico Seek Government Recognition - TIME
Japan Prejudice and Black Sambo - TIME
Entrenched racism in Australia - UN | National News | News.com.au

Old 09-18-2009, 06:58 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,212,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLightan View Post
It just seems as if most women born in this country who are white, Asian, Latina etc; are so hesitant to actually start a relationship with me.
WOW do you ever get around!

I could counter with how prejudiced you are against black women. What's with black guys so big on white women anyway?

Anyway, FYI most people, even in this day and age, still prefer to stay within their own "race." Get over it. It's a very natural, normal thing; people tend to like to be around others similar to them. It has nothing to do with "respecting" you and certainly doesn't make them racist.

Quote:
Why has the World or at least the Eastern Hemisphere put race aside however America has not? Maybe that is the real question. Why am I not truly accepted by the mainstream in when basically I did everything right here in America, but the world accepts me? An answer to the question I posed is the American media that continues to belittle and defame black people, and portray our culture as inferior.
Yeah! You should go for reparations! Them haters!! Tito get me a tissue *sniffle*

Boo hoo, everything isn't going just how I want, so I'll play the almighty race card. Gee there's something new.

Well, I guess I can't blame you, really; it's worked SO well for minorities the last few decades, thanks to the mindless liberal white guilt morons. That doesn't stop it from being a load of whiny, ridiculous BS though. And the really annoying part of it - other than it working so well, that is - is what a great disservice it does to minorities who don't play that BS game...ie they ARE respectable because EARN it, and don't make excuses.

As for the media crack, LMAO - what drugs are you on? The media is notoriously left-wing and if anything, panders to minorities. The last presidential election is but the most recent and glaring example.

This is not 1930 FYI, and I'm sick to freaking DEATH of how many people, black and white and otherwise, act like it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
It's really sad out there; black men today are only concerned with materialism, sports, and fantasy to the point where living a simple, practical, life is just something they don't want to do. Ok, fine by me, but they are disrespectful to there women and they still bring children into the world then leave them and that's just wrong!

As far as black women being abused, I would agree with that as well. Today's rap music constantly degrades black women.
gasp

RACIST!!!!!

(aw cmon I wanna play too)

Old 09-18-2009, 07:21 PM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
My take is that when you travel outside the US you have the added attraction of being an American which IMO trumps that of being black, when I was in foreign countries and there were plenty of "black" people (like Africa) I was still the big attraction because I was an American ( they think we are all rich) To prove this to myself I would not talk so people would think I was just one them, but the minute I used English, even Black women in South America or Africa came over to talk to me once they thought I was American or English.

Old 09-19-2009, 01:31 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
My take is that when you travel outside the US you have the added attraction of being an American which IMO trumps that of being black, when I was in foreign countries and there were plenty of "black" people (like Africa) I was still the big attraction because I was an American ( they think we are all rich) To prove this to myself I would not talk so people would think I was just one them, but the minute I used English, even Black women in South America or Africa came over to talk to me once they thought I was American or English.
I agree. I am not black, so I won't comment on the issue, but when I go into a chat room where people talk from all over the world, the majority of guys who dm me who are from another country, want to know if I am american. That's the single most important question they have aside from, "what are you wearing tonight?'(which is none of their bis).

The point is, that many people want to get acquainted with americans in hopes that we are all rich, or that we can give them their visa so they can come to america. So it seems like, that's probably the reason that they were very friendly with the OP. But I don't know him, so I can't say for sure.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:29 AM

691 posts, read 2,328,899 times
Okay, you are not going to like this...it is percieved status. Women from overseas percieve an American male as a status symbol, regardless of the ethnicity. Dating an American male is the gold standard among women overseas.

In the United States, dating an American male is not cachet, everyone is American. So, the status issue among women in the U.S. is tied to financial success, few African-American males have financial status. Some women are more likely to date males with financial status, those women would be less inclined to date African-American males.

The issue is, how are you choosing the women you want to date?

Old 09-19-2009, 08:12 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
GoldenLightan has only one post to his name. Why hasn't he returned to his thread? Could he be a troll?

Anyway, I agree with another poster who observed that many black men don't seem to be interested in forming platonic friendships with non-black women. So if they are acting friendly or flirtatious towards a non-black woman of new acquaintance, it's only for the purpose of trying to get into her pants. They also seem very proud of their sexuality and don't mind being stereotyped as being well-endowed. Of course, there are non-black men that also place a priority on their male sexuality and have goals of constant sexual conquest and fulfillment.. and men like that only disgust and annoy me. I've had many wonderful platonic friendships with men who shared my common interests and hobbies. They were like my surrogate brothers and I respected and admired them very highly as my friends and as human beings.

Players like the O.P. don't get my respect or admiration, and it doesn't have anything to do with their skin colour.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:35 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Has anybody noticed that most people in this country who are not black, don't truly respect black people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates