Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2009, 02:50 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,403 times

Advertisements

well, the dating site OKCupid recently released stats that confirms what the OP has been saying - "your race affects whether people write you back".

see:

Your Race Affects Whether People Write You Back « OkTrends

Old 10-17-2009, 03:00 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
Tell that to the modernized generation/Americanized Asians, Jews, and Indians who are given respect by the general populous despite if they contribute anything to it.
I find this post to be very ironic as this poster is a black college student that has been highly desirous of an Asian girlfriend for years... and not been very interested in finding a nice black woman to date instead. By wanting an Asian girlfriend so badly, you are guilty of given those Asian women you desire automatic respect before getting to know them. And by the same token, you are dissing your black sisters without giving them a chance to prove their worthiness to you.

Quote:
It's towards whom that causes a conundrum, at least for the region where I live in. Maybe somewhere out in the West, it's all gravy for anyone regardless of race who holds themselves with some dignity and has money/education/access, but it's a whole 'nother animal for most of the rest of the country, which I believe what the OP was addressing.
Asians are composed of over 17 nationalities. Indians are considered Asians. And Indian and Chinese women are the least likely to marry outside their race. You'd have better luck trying to date and marry a Vietnamese, Thai, Malaysian or Filipino woman.

Family pride and pleasing/respecting their elders is very important to Asians. Having children out of wedlock is unacceptable and would bring great shame upon an Asian family. And that is one of the reasons for them resisting entering mixed relationships and mixed marriages. Plus the black community statistically doesn't have a very strong track record for good marriages and having a strong traditional family unit. Also Asians marry less for passionate love and more for making alliances that would better the family fortunes overall. So potential son-in-laws should be on a strong career path in order to gain her family's support for the union. Many Asians in the US are recent immigrants that arrived with little and came to the US will the sole intent of bettering their family's fortunes. Much pressure and guilt is put on the children and young adults to follow their parent's wishes and goals. That is why they study hard and excel in their academic studies. And why they are so picky when choosing a spouse.

I've posted this link before, but these are the statistics for interracial marriages in the US as complied from the 2006 US Census numbers:

http://www.asian-nation.org/interracial.shtml

Old 10-17-2009, 03:37 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I find this post to be very ironic as this poster is a black college student that has been highly desirous of an Asian girlfriend for years... and not been very interested in finding a nice black woman to date instead. By wanting an Asian girlfriend so badly, you are guilty of given those Asian women you desire automatic respect before getting to know them. And by the same token, you are dissing your black sisters without giving them a chance to prove their worthiness to you.

Asians are composed of over 17 nationalities. Indians are considered Asians. And Indian and Chinese women are the least likely to marry outside their race. You'd have better luck trying to date and marry a Vietnamese, Thai, Malaysian or Filipino woman.

Family pride and pleasing/respecting their elders is very important to Asians. Having children out of wedlock is unacceptable and would bring great shame upon an Asian family. And that is one of the reasons for them resisting entering mixed relationships and mixed marriages. Plus the black community statistically doesn't have a very strong track record for good marriages and having a strong traditional family unit. Also Asians marry less for passionate love and more for making alliances that would better the family fortunes overall. So potential son-in-laws should be on a strong career path in order to gain her family's support for the union. Many Asians in the US are recent immigrants that arrived with little and came to the US will the sole intent of bettering their family's fortunes. Much pressure and guilt is put on the children and young adults to follow their parent's wishes and goals. That is why they study hard and excel in their academic studies. And why they are so picky when choosing a spouse.

I've posted this link before, but these are the statistics for interracial marriages in the US as complied from the 2006 US Census numbers:

Interracial Dating & Marriage : Asian-Nation :: Asian American History, Demographics, & Issues
Very informative post, thank you, but I don't think the OP will have any idea what you are talking about, since none of this is an issue in the black community.

Old 10-17-2009, 03:49 PM

4,903 posts, read 3,361,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
well, the dating site OKCupid recently released stats that confirms what the OP has been saying - "your race affects whether people write you back".

see:

Your Race Affects Whether People Write You Back « OkTrends
Surprised how badly Indian men fared, ouch

And considering their customer base consists of highly-educated professionals with supposedly "progressive" views (and probably from the East or West coasts), yeah that it is pretty damn bad...

Last edited by Lycanmaster; 10-17-2009 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: more commentary

Old 10-17-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
lol, you're telling me! i'm an indian male and among all my friends i have the worst luck in dating. all these years i used to fault myself and every time i'd bring up the issue, people would tell me "there must be something wrong with you, you can't blame anyone else, you must be the problem".

well, i fully realize that im no prize catch, i'm just an average joe, but now that i see these statistics i'm beginning to realize that perhaps it isn't my fault after all. the few good dates i've been on have almost always been with european women. i'm thinking that maybe the US might not be the best place for me to find a mate. perhaps i should seriously start to look elsewhere...

Old 10-17-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
lol, you're telling me! i'm an indian male and among all my friends i have the worst luck in dating. all these years i used to fault myself and every time i'd bring up the issue, people would tell me "there must be something wrong with you, you can't blame anyone else, you must be the problem".

well, i fully realize that im no prize catch, i'm just an average joe, but now that i see these statistics i'm beginning to realize that perhaps it isn't my fault after all. the few good dates i've been on have almost always been with european women. i'm thinking that maybe the US might not be the best place for me to find a mate. perhaps i should seriously start to look elsewhere...
Just avoid the UK and you will be fine. And definitely Austria (for any non-white person really). They make Germany look like a racial utopia in comparison LOL..

Or you can try moving to a different state in the US. Some places are better for Asian or South Asian men than others...

Last edited by Lycanmaster; 10-17-2009 at 04:05 PM.. Reason: More commentary

Old 10-17-2009, 04:05 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,917,847 times
Quote:

And considering their customer base consists of highly-educated professionals with supposedly "progressive" views (and probably from the East or West coasts), yeah that it is pretty damn bad...
And people wonder why I'm looking at Texas (of all places) to eventually call home, even at a higher preference than California at this point.

And to Miu, as I said over time, I am also willing to date anyone regardless of race (or mixture of races), I'm not this Asianphile or Afrophobe that you may think I am! I really don't appreciate the pigeonholing me to "stick to my race" that I deal enough as is for the "liberal enclave" where I live!

Last edited by Do a Barrel Roll; 10-17-2009 at 04:15 PM..

Old 10-17-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Just avoid the UK and you will be fine. And definitely Austria (for any non-white person really). They make Germany look like a racial utopia in comparison LOL..

Or you can try moving to a different state in the US. Some places are better for Asian or South Asian men than others...
yeah i remember way back in high school one of my teachers had visited Austria and she was telling us the same thing, that they tend to be very racist there. will def. avoid that place hehe.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
And people wonder why I'm looking at Texas (of all places) to eventually call home, even at a higher preference than California at this point.

And to Miu, as I said over time, I am also willing to date anyone regardless of race (or mixture of races), I'm not this Asianphile or Afrophobe that you may think I am! I really don't appreciate the pigeonholing me to "stick to my race" that I deal enough as is for the "liberal enclave" where I live!
D.C. ain't too great from what I've read, can't blame ya there...

Old 10-17-2009, 05:04 PM

4 posts, read 12,019 times
damn ... you are right on the money with that assumption of black men and their plight to rise in america cause if a black man cant throw a ball,, caught a ball, or kick a ball then you really have no say in the rise or fall of the american economy or any respect if that matter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates