Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2009, 08:41 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,239,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Of course it doesn't. But last time I drove across the USA, I noticed that blacks are not uniformly distributed within the population. They tend to be clustered in certain areas, where the general cultural attributes are conspicuously different from other areas. If a girl from Bismarck marries a guy from East St. Louis, they are going to find some deficiency in experiential commonality, if they can even understand each other's language in the first place, nome sane? I'm not saying this is necessarily the case, but the further removed the cultural backgrouinds of two spouses, the greater the challenge of trying to bridge the gap.
While I won't get into the (often racist) reasons why the black population finds itself so distributed, I would agree that cultural attributes do to a large extent reflect a kind of geographical identity. But one need only consider television shows like "Wife Swap" to find that such attributes tend to vary markedly even within ethnic groups, and that through exposure and adaptation, some of these attributes can be changed.

So whatever deficiency in experiential commonality may have existed between the small town white girl and black boy from the ghetto at the time they first meet, it only becomes a significant challenge insofar as they allow themselves to be more or less completely defined merely by their respective histories. Same would apply to a white fella with a remarkably different history from this girl.

Last edited by MrSykes; 09-21-2009 at 09:12 PM..

Old 09-22-2009, 02:36 PM

223 posts, read 829,441 times
Default Vise Versa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
So you are upset that white woman won't look your way? What can I say except it's a woman's choice to pick her mate or date. Waving your fist at the sky is not going to change things.

Its also a man's choice to picks his mate!!!

Old 09-22-2009, 02:41 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugger View Post
Its also a man's choice to picks his mate!!!
What she means is that even if a man picks a woman that he likes, there won't be any relationship/fling/marriage/etc. unless she decides to accept him.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:47 PM

I am not black, but I am a minority and I have brown skin ( not black skin but brown ) and I never had a white girlfriend, but i have been with my share of white women (sex). I can't speak for a black man but I never felt like a white girl disrespected me or didn't respect my wishes. These were just really physical realtionships nothing more, but I feel that the white women were more sensible and respectful compared to women of color when put in smiliar situations. This mite not be every minority's view, but this is how I feel!

Old 09-22-2009, 02:58 PM

Default Sure!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
What she means is that even if a man picks a woman that he likes, there won't be any relationship/fling/marriage/etc. unless she decides to accept him.

I understand, and thats up to both parties. Its up to both women and men to stay away from flings etc...Many women stray and cheat on men to.

However, I agree that a women has to accept a man, but a women has to be acceptable for a man to choose her as well. Its not like women have the ultimate say, If a women likes a man and she cannot attract him then the man will not pursue the women. Both parites have to accept each other.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:42 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,917,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugger View Post
I understand, and thats up to both parties. Its up to both women and men to stay away from flings etc...Many women stray and cheat on men to.

However, I agree that a women has to accept a man, but a women has to be acceptable for a man to choose her as well. Its not like women have the ultimate say, If a women likes a man and she cannot attract him then the man will not pursue the women. Both parites have to accept each other.
The real thing people are trying to say is that women who tend to have a status and are in a "league" equivalent to their male counterparts seem to reject the men, while this doesn't happen this much on the other side. Ex:if given the final choice, the normal looking chick with a same income, interests, and personality would more likely reject the dude who's on par level than the dude would if he had the final choice.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:20 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,415,423 times
Things are as they are, why worry about it? That said I think theres more interracial relationships today than ever before & in more cases than not its a black man & white woman.
But still I have to ask why worry about such things, unless you perceive having a white woman as a sort of prize.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:25 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I believe white women are more accepting of black men then black women dating white men. Most mixed couples are black man / white woman.

The same cultural preferences affect the choices of white & black women. Why don't more black women accepting of and date white guys ?

A white guy wants to know.
Because they want nothing to do with the tiny unit of the typicsl white man.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:54 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
Because they want nothing to do with the tiny unit of the typical white man.
That's a whole new subject. I understand it's cold in MN but here in TX that old saying "Everything is Bigger" was from our women. Must be the heat.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:29 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,415,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
Because they want nothing to do with the tiny unit of the typicsl white man.
& the inverse might be white women wanting nothing to do with the tiny income of the typical black man.

Of course both are absurd racial stereotypes, but I bet my comment makes more blood boil than yours. Thats what needs adressing, if anything does. Personally I dont think theres much of an issue anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates