Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2010, 06:52 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,510,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
Why do the disadvantaged (and we all know you mean minority) youths get the special treatment? Why not make education within reach for everyone. Oh wait, it is. Anybody can get an education in this country if they want to. People who are uneducated are so because they wish to be. Ignorance is an inherited trait, stupidity, or lack of education is a trait of lazy, ignorant people. You cannot force education on people, if they want to learn, then they will.

The government will NEVER succeed in banning firearms for the public, that argument is a moot point.
I don't mean minority at all. I'm speaking directly of underprivelaged children--the ones that grow up in poor areas, like the inner city. Black, Mexican, and Native American (among other various minority groups) are poor because previous laws have disadvanteged them. Black people are not poor because they are lazy, many of them are poor because whites made sure they stayed poor. Jim Crow anyone? Civil Rights movement anyone? Bank loans anyone? Our history is rife with screwing over minorities. Native Americans have been ripped off, their land being leased for a hundredth of market value.

Now, moving on. Schools are payed for, at least in Michigan, from property taxes. Property taxes are deduced from property value. Cities are notoriously poor places, and as such, schools are notoriously underfunded in poor places. Poor schools cannot hire high-quality teachers and staff, which leads to poor education. Poor education results in higher crime.

When colleges cost upwards of 15k (Mine is a whopping 38k per year), and loans are only handed out to the poor with punishingly high interest rates--if at all--you disadvantage a sweeping class of children.

Do not sit here and tell me people are poor or poorly educated because "they are lazy."

Old 04-05-2010, 07:51 PM

18,162 posts, read 15,680,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I don't see where he said anything about banning all guns. He said throw out outdated laws, but he didn't say that was one of them. When I said to find me someone, I didn't mean for you to have to go dig through certified idiots. But until now, you haven't even been able to find one in that pool.
ROFLMAO.......oh my. Well, there have been plenty of different individuals and groups over the decades that have called for the nullification of the 2nd amendment, HCI, The Brady Group, et al and a ****load of radical splinter groups as well, not all of them built on merely ending firearms rights for the general citizenry. In the mid 70's (HCI was calling itself something else then...I don't remember exactly what) they used Jack Lord as a poster boy for their campaign. He went on record as saying "Firearms should be taken out of the hands of the citizens". Hal Linden, Alan Alda, and Mike Ferrell stood with him on this, as did a few other Hollywood types. So, as for 'certifiable idiots" , anyone taking this type of stance falls into that category, and calling for the scrapping of the 2nd amendment is tatamount to calling for a total ban, and is certifiable idiocy. "Gun control' groups are ALL certifiable idiots, whether you construe their intentions as wanting a 'total ban' or not. One could find a bunch of those types right here on CD, pretty easy. Sheesh, look through the myriad gun rights threads, and there are plenty of nutjobs calling for total bans. Usually accompanied by the usual insults about 'gun nuts' , firearms being a coping mechanism for sexual problems, crowing about being superior in some way by hating firearms and those who own them blah blah blah. Your own post history is chock full of insulting rhetoric and self deifying blather along said lines.. When you recieve retaliatory comments in return, you get all kinds of bent, as do most who use these tactics. Rather sad actually. But that is the nature of, hmmm, dare I say diversity? Seems as good a word as any. Used in the context of "it takes all kinds".

Old 04-05-2010, 09:55 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,187,260 times
NV,, do you have any idea whatsoever what a fool you are making of yourself.

You looked at this post and called it "calling for the banning of all firearms by all private Americans"

And Exactly How old is this bill of rights??? times change the world modernises its ridiculous to hang onto such an old outdated Law. What if we kept laws like keeping people in stocks and throwing tomatoes at them and such?? and be heading in public etc. they all are no longer laws which where laws for centuries but as time changes so does the laws.

Where in there does it say ANYthing about gun laws? Yet, you come up with this amazing zinger:

. Well JT, there ya go, heres your elusive total ban supporter..

And when you're called on it, you respond with about the most intelligent remark you're capable of:

ROFLMAO..

And then proceed to insult me over and over again, for telling you exactly what you have done. And then you really prove that you are out of touch with reality with ""Gun control' groups are ALL certifiable idiots," Even if they want to ban only a limited class of firearms---still certifiable idiots. Brady himself, shot and nearly killed, was a certifiable idiot for wanting to keep that from happening to other people. The speaker of the House a certifiable idiot. The Secretry of state. All certifiable idiots, merely because they do not steep themselves in your own personal psychotic fixation.

You are a complete embarrassment to everyone who ever thought this was a serious debate site.

Now---let's recap. Exactly what did the first post say about gun laws? Read it and tell us. Here it is again:

And Exactly How old is this bill of rights??? times change the world modernises its ridiculous to hang onto such an old outdated Law. What if we kept laws like keeping people in stocks and throwing tomatoes at them and such?? and be heading in public etc. they all are no longer laws which where laws for centuries but as time changes so does the laws.

Come on, NV. Tell us exactly how you interpret that statement to mean that the poster wants to ban all guns from all private Americans. Tell us.

Last edited by jtur88; 04-05-2010 at 10:05 PM..

Old 04-05-2010, 10:10 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,736,559 times
Quote:
Kind of like you making a fool of yourself by absolutely refusing to answer two simple questions that have been asked of you 5 times?

Yeah, SOMEBODY is certainly making a fool of himself here!

Old 04-05-2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Kind of like you making a fool of yourself by absolutely refusing to answer two simple questions that have been asked of you 5 times?

Yeah, SOMEBODY is certainly making a fool of himself here!
Is a dog big? YES / NO. How many times do I have to ask you?

Old 04-05-2010, 10:16 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,736,559 times
Quote:
Is a dog big? YES / NO. How many times do I have to ask you?
Obfuscate all you want. You're a coward who repeatedly refuses to answer two simple questions, because you KNOW that they PROVE your BS to be exactly what it is - pure BS.

But for the thinking impaired...

Old 04-06-2010, 02:10 PM

18,162 posts, read 15,680,028 times
Quote:

You looked at this post and called it "calling for the banning of all firearms by all private Americans"

Where in there does it say ANYthing about gun laws? Yet, you come up with this amazing zinger:

. Well JT, there ya go, heres your elusive total ban supporter..

And when you're called on it, you respond with about the most intelligent remark you're capable of:

ROFLMAO..

And then proceed to insult me over and over again, for telling you exactly what you have done. And then you really prove that you are out of touch with reality with ""Gun control' groups are ALL certifiable idiots," Even if they want to ban only a limited class of firearms---still certifiable idiots. Brady himself, shot and nearly killed, was a certifiable idiot for wanting to keep that from happening to other people. The speaker of the House a certifiable idiot. The Secretry of state. All certifiable idiots, merely because they do not steep themselves in your own personal psychotic fixation.

You are a complete embarrassment to everyone who ever thought this was a serious debate site.

Now---let's recap. Exactly what did the first post say about gun laws? Read it and tell us. Here it is again:

Come on, NV. Tell us exactly how you interpret that statement to mean that the poster wants to ban all guns from all private Americans. Tell us.
You snipping out bits and prts, and twisting context to your own ends is hardly me making a fool of myself. But see it as you wish. There you go with that 'certain classes of firearms' thing again, which you admitedly say you are 'not competent' to comment on, yet, your OK with banning them. Who's making a fool of themselves here again? Keep crowing about how intelligent you are bub, not that anyones really listening.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:21 PM

26,080 posts, read 19,042,311 times
**Is a gunfree USA a better place?**

For whom?

For criminals: yes.
For an out-of-control government: yes.
For 'firearm-o-phobes': yes.

For anyone who believes in freedom and individual rights: no.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:44 PM

54,500 posts, read 33,916,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Oh yes, I am quite sure the criminal element will be the first ones in line to turn in all their firepower. Besides, the right to keep and bear arms was not put in the constitution to keep us safe from the run of the mill felons. It was there to keep us safe from government.
Thank you Dusty. I remember years ago when I was a teen-ager, I saw a bumper sticker on a 4x4 Chevy truck that said "If you outlaw guns Only outlaws will have them". Politicians need to understand that the problem is not guns, but how kids are raised. It seems like in many cases, society has more influence on kids than their parents, which is sad.

As I said before, violence and killing have been around since the beginning of time, long before guns were invented, and taking guns out of the equation will not change things. The only thing that will make a difference is to raise kids to respect others.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
You snipping out bits and prts, and twisting context to your own ends . . . . :
Listen to the guy who responded to a post that made absolutely no reference to guns or gun laws whatsoever, and told me that that post was proof that there a people who want to take all guns away from all private Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates