Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2010, 03:38 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,419,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Listen to that conservative fear mongering. When the Brady Campaign ******* about how little the Obama administration has done on gun-control, you know it isn't a worry.

Why's that? The Brady Campaign will ALWAYS want stricter gun control. The only reason its not been a focus of the Obama administration is because he's focusing everything on shoving his medical reform down our throats & trying to make illegal foreign criminals American citizens.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:40 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Last time I checked, Obama has done absolutely nothing for gun control since holding Presidency. He isn't a threat right now. If anything, the firearm industry should be thanking him for their increased sales over the past few years.

Fear mongering, however, is obvious. You're throwing around buzzwords (bolded) in order to incite hype. Fear mongering is a tactic of politics.
...I stand behind my statement that Obama (and his puppet master Soros) would bann private ownership of firearms if they could find a way to do it. That it has not been done yet is of little consequence. In order to complete the Marxist agenda it will be a requirement. Hopefully that day will never be realized.
Vigilance is key to protecting freedom. No fearmongering about it. Obama is a threat to every area of Constitutional liberty, IMO. I prefer to be proactive when it comes to maintaining the RKBA. Of course, YMMV.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
If you are always in your house with the gun in your hand, you have nothing to worry about. Get a life.

You took that literally? Really? Must be more of that fear and paranoia projection.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:46 PM

45,435 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
They have an awful lot of guns, which is what most burglars are looking for in the first place. If a burglar breaks into a house and finds a stash of guns, that's the mother lode.
No to the first sentence. Of course to the second.

Center for Problem Oriented Policing | Problem Guides | Burglary of Single-family Houses

Where does a burglar look for things to steal in a house?

Burglars Get A Steal When They Break In

Old 04-04-2010, 03:54 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,014,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongmogal View Post
vigilance is key to protecting freedom. No fearmongering about it. Obama is a threat to every area of constitutional liberty, imo. I prefer to be proactive when it comes to maintaining the rkba. Of course, ymmv.

ihniwthyata

Old 04-04-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
ihniwthyata
Is that English or have you tipped over the edge of mental stability?

Old 04-04-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Is that English or have you tipped over the edge of mental stability?
It means "I have no idea what the hell you are talking about" when you use words like "rkba" and "wmmv".

icbthttotew. (It can't be that hard to type out the entire word)

Old 04-04-2010, 04:25 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,687,320 times
Quote:
It means "I have no idea what the hell you are talking about" when you use words like "rkba" and "wmmv".

icbthttotew. (It can't be that hard to type out the entire word)
Rather than spouting off your incessant drivel, why don't you grow a pair and answer these two simple questions.

This is the THIRD time you've been asked. Why are you so scared to answer them?

I'll repeat the questions:
1. Did people figure out ways to kill each other - en mass - before the invention of guns? YES or NO?
2. Would people still be able to kill each other - en mass - in the absence of all guns today? YES or NO?

The fact that you won't have the balls to answer either of those questions with a simple YES or NO answer is evidence of the FACT that the answers are undeniable.

The bottom line is that you have, as usual, aligned yourself with the wrong side - the side that is lacking common sense.

Old 04-04-2010, 04:36 PM

Define the parameters in which "en mass" would apply. In other words, don't make the question absolutely meaningless by inserting a highly relative qualifier, and then accuse the askee of being non-cooprative if he refuses to participate in your childish food fight.

Answer my question:

Is a dog big? YES / NO

Old 04-04-2010, 05:11 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,687,320 times
Quote:
Define the parameters in which "en mass" would apply. In other words, don't make the question absolutely meaningless by inserting a highly relative qualifier, and then accuse the askee of being non-cooprative if he refuses to participate in your childish food fight.

Answer my question:

Is a dog big? YES / NO
Coward. As expected, you're unable to answer 2 simple questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.