Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 11:38 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,014,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixscorpiogirl View Post
Comparing fast food and the people who own the franchises it to drugs and their dealers? Wow, I can't decide if that's stupid or genius!
They both use the same defense to the same criticism. McDonalds could also say "If we didn't sell burgers and fries to stupid fat kids, somebody else would, so why not?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 11:45 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,983,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I don't know where you live, but the town I live in, people live by civilized moderation, and seem, to like it that way. We have neither anarchy nor tyranny here, or anything like it, as long as you don't count the cable company. And we don't live on paper. I was going to suggest that if it's "vastly different" where you live, you're welcome to come here. But, I'm not sure we would want you here, if you're unwilling to give civilized moderation a chance.
Do you live in a larger city or a small town?
Actually I am not sure I would want to live in your town.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichirenx View Post
Do you live in a larger city or a small town?
Actually I am not sure I would want to live in your town.
Look in the upper right hand corner of my post and see what town I live in. I post honest and genuine ideas here that I am not ashamed of, so I don't have to hide behind lies about where I live.

I'm retired and I can live where I want. I chose this town, and I like it here, and there is not a town in America that I would rather live in. The population is 60,000 but that falls into the category of a statistic, and therefore a lie, so I have no idea whether it is a larger town or small. Compared to Memphis, you'd probably call it small, but that's relative.

Last edited by jtur88; 04-06-2010 at 07:48 AM..

Old 04-06-2010, 08:02 AM

13,406 posts, read 28,739,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
OMG!!! ARe people really that stupid to try to get rid of Ronald instead of just teaching their kids about proper nutrition and exercise? WOW!! What a bunch of F/N morons.
Reps to you as you took the words right out of my mouth!!
My kids when young enjoyed McDonalds as an occasional TREAT....not 3-4 times or more a week!!
I also must state for two of my kids when in high school McDonalds was their part time job..saved their money and gave them a jump start when out of high school

Old 04-06-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu
OMG!!! ARe people really that stupid to try to get rid of Ronald instead of just teaching their kids about proper nutrition and exercise? WOW!! What a bunch of F/N morons.
You do not know the Tao. You have publicly shamed the Tao. Read it again. (Or, for the first time)

29. Hence, the sage shuns excess
Shuns grandiosity
Shuns arrogance.

Last edited by jtur88; 04-06-2010 at 08:26 AM..

Old 04-06-2010, 08:55 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Reps to you as you took the words right out of my mouth!!
My kids when young enjoyed McDonalds as an occasional TREAT....not 3-4 times or more a week!!
I also must state for two of my kids when in high school McDonalds was their part time job..saved their money and gave them a jump start when out of high school
I agree on everything u said and what was said by the previous poster...my kids and I like McDonalds, it has NOTHING to do with the clown, we don't care about the clown , and although we eat there sometimes we also eat lots of fruits vegetables and are healthy.
As I stated before, there are plenty of other issues out there that harm children greatly, child abuse and sexual offenders are some of them and THOSE are more important than worrying about kids having a meal at mcDonalds!

Old 04-07-2010, 08:01 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,084,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drowningintherain2 View Post
Because you and you're family are not fat means what? McDonalds is good for you? I think anything that highlights how nasty this company is, is great! Ronald McDonald is used to hook kids so that they have lifelong customers. I think the world would be better off without McDonalds and their ilk.
It means that they take the responsibility upon themselves to not become fat, they get physical activity and stay in shape even they consume McDonalds. They don't sit consume high fat foods for all of their meals, sit on their collectives butts, then point their fingers at a corporate logo as the reason why they're obese.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:56 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,983,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Look in the upper right hand corner of my post and see what town I live in. I post honest and genuine ideas here that I am not ashamed of, so I don't have to hide behind lies about where I live.

I'm retired and I can live where I want. I chose this town, and I like it here, and there is not a town in America that I would rather live in. The population is 60,000 but that falls into the category of a statistic, and therefore a lie, so I have no idea whether it is a larger town or small. Compared to Memphis, you'd probably call it small, but that's relative.

Even here you are still on that tirade.
Stop it. Sheesh.

I have seen your town on a map but thats the limit of my knowledge about it.
Have only been to houston and the suburbs of dallas to visit family.

I wondered how you figured out a certain bit of information, then I looked and saw i slipped up.

I post honest and genuine ideas too.
But I'd rather not reveal true information to everyone on a social site or any site if it can be helped.
Just something I was warned against by an ex-hacker pal of mine.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichirenx View Post
Even here you are still on that tirade.
Stop it. Sheesh.
Don't ask me questions if you don't want me to answer them.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:06 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,861,810 times

My guess is, friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates