Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2010, 02:16 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadison View Post
Yeah, and here's the result of africanization, whether you want to hear it or not, africanization = decline. Get used to hearing the facts.

Rankings by Population Group

Most Dangerous 25:.......%AA Largest Segment?
1...Detroit, Mich.............81.6............Y
2...Atlanta, Ga...............61.4............Y
3...St. Louis, Mo.............51.2............Y
4...Flint, Mich.................53.3............Y
5...Camden, N.J..............53.3............Y
6...Gary, Ind..................84.0............Y
7...West Palm Beach, FL..36.2............N
8...Compton, Calif...........40.3............N
9...Tampa, FL................26.1.............N
10..Washington, D.C.......55.6.............Y
11..Jackson, Miss...........70.6.............Y
12..Newark, N.J.............53.5.............Y
13..Kansas City, MO.......31.2.............Y
14..Miami-Dade, FL........17.5..............N
15..New Orleans, La.......67.3..............Y
16..Memphis, Tenn.........61.4.............Y
17..Orlando, Fla.............26.9.............N
18..Dayton, OH..............43.1............N
19..Richmond, VA...........52.3............Y
20..Dallas, TX................23.2............N
21..Philadelphia, Pa.........43.2............Y
22..Youngstown, Ohio......43.8...........N
23..Cleveland, OH...........54.2............Y
24..Oakland, Calif...........35.7.............Y
25..Minneapolis, MN........18.0.............N
If Africanization = Decline.....then why did Europeans bring Africans here and why did your ancestors leave a world (Europe) that had no Africans to come to a nation that had been Africanized? It seems to me that there would never be a reason to leave nations that are ALL WHITE....based upon the way you tell it. Yet....the tired and huddled masses who yearned to be free (your ancestors) left the all white utopia looking for a better life....lol...and they found it in places with non-whites. Better life for whites formula = (lifting yourselves up by lowering others in seesaw economics). Black people in America are like Nuclear waste. You used us to power the nation through its inertia and now you have all this toxic material that is the by product of the growth of this nation....and you don't know where to dump it/us and no one wants it/us in their back yard.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 04-16-2010 at 02:30 PM..

Old 04-16-2010, 02:27 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,034,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I updated my response. What you consider black racism, like I figured, is simply black insecurity about whether whites are being racist against them. Those are not good examples.....if that is the best you got....you certainly did not make the case for black racism. Those were examples of blacks being DEFENSIVE against the threat of white racism.
Well, what I described was "discrimination based on race", so yeah it is racism. Of course what you are really doing is just trying to avoid the word "racism" as far as blacks are concerned. "Racism" is a dirty word, after all.

Here's a good one for you that I saw at another website a few months ago.

A black poster proclaimed that a black maintanence person should not go into a white woman's house. This was based on the notion that there is a history of white women falsely accusing black men of impropities when alone with white women. Amazingly, the two or three other black posters seemed to agree.

At first I thought it was a white poster suggesting that white women should not be alone with an unknown black man. That's usually the way it goes. But on rereading the post, I saw that no, the idea was that for the black man's own good, he should avoid being alone with a white woman. (Sounds like something you'd say. That's why it came to mind.)

Anyway, another poster properly stated that such a suggestion was racism against whites, and perhaps sexism against women, in this case white women. Well the argument was under way.

Finally one poster asked if it was racism when a New York cab driver passed a black customer for fear that the black man might be a criminal. That was racism, it was declared by the black posters. I think it finally began to sink in that the two examples are the same thing. Both are examples of racism, and neither should be acceptable in society.

I'm sorry you feel as you do. Perhaps time and experience can rid you of your racism.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:28 PM

446 posts, read 831,523 times
I'm going to say something here that is bound to p iss some people off, but there ya go. As a white female living with a white male, the discrimination *I* see is mostly against white MALES. It doesn't matter to me if my city is integrated....that's fine and dandy with me...but I am tired of people who are "minorities" claiming they are OWED all this gov't handout stuff just because they are minorities!

What happened to white people? Some white people have problems, need help as well, yet they don't qualify for NEARLY as much gov't help as MINORITIES.

I'd happily live in any city that is racially diverse, just so long as EVERYONE pays their fair share and GETS their fair share. Everyone wants to be equal, so BECOME equal and stop the freaking whining.

I'm NOT going to pay for what white people did 200 years ago to black people. *I* didn't do it....just an example. Some people in the south think they're owed MONEY, money for Gawd's sake, because their ancestors were slaves.

Well, tough. It's history, get over it.

And back to the topic, my daughter's best friend is black, her mama and I are good friends, and I've got no beef with any race in particular....but when blacks (OR ANYONE) start ruining my city, THEN I get mad. Not at the entire race, but at those who ruin it!!!! I don't lump all blacks, Chinese, etc., into the same basket.

What makes me SO angry is that here in Charlotte our school system is going bust because people need the schools to babysit for them!!!!!!!!! That's just one of the programs we DON'T need! Cut that out instead of cutting teachers.

Integration is fine, but I expect everyone to uphold the law and not bring down my property value because they are just plain trash....white, black or purple!

Yeah, that was a ramble...I've got things on my mind! LOL

Old 04-16-2010, 02:43 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,791,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
If Africanization = Decline.....then why did Europeans bring Africans here and why did your ancestors leave a world (Europe) that had no Africans to come to a nation that had been Africanized? It seems to me that there would never be a reason to leave nations that are ALL WHITE....based upon the way you tell it. Yet....the tired and huddled masses who yearned to be free (your ancestors) left the all white utopia looking for a better life....lol...and they found it in places with non-whites. Better life for whites formula = (lifting yourselves up by lowering others in seesaw economics). Black people in America are like Nuclear waste. You used us to power the nation through its inertia and now you have all this toxic material that is the by product of the growth of this nation....and you don't know where to dump it/us and no one wants it/us in their back yard.
Oh please, stop with the jingoism and look at the facts.

I'm not telling it. The numbers are telling it. The 25 most dangerous cities (and most bad places worldwide) are at or near majority black populations. Period.

Of course many will try to spin that as white caused somehow. Never mind that Africa has huge resources and the blacks over there have never been able to thier act together enough to do anything about it, whether other groups were around or not. Even today.

I've not used any blacks. I'm just another worker bee. So you can't lay that one on me.

Eurpoeans, with the help of arabs and jews, and blacks for that matter, brought africans over here as labor. Simple as that. At the time there weren't tractors and combines. Of course now any working class bum is good enough for that sort of thing these days, just ask the rich. They don't care who works in thier factories. Funny though that GM was in majority black Detroit and had some of the worst quality problems.

The whites who left the "Old World" were doing it for many reasons. The one's I know of were Religious Freedom, and hoping to make a better way (economics).

Hey, I'm all for reparations. If reparations means putting blacks to what they would've been had slavery not occured. Fine, that would mean repatriation. You up for that? Wanna go back with your bretheren in Africa?

I didn't think so.

Africans here have a higher standard of living than anywhere in the world. If it was as you paint it, there could be no Oprah nor Tiger Woods, et. al.

And look what happend to Elin. She married and african, and he behaved just like africans do.

If anything the accumlation of wealth that is possible by blacks in america just amplifies thier natural tendencies. Same as it does for anybody.

Sorry guy, but I'm too little of a fish for seesaw economics to do anything but push me down as well. Except I don't get things like Affirmative Action and other pro-fro policies.

As I've said repeatedly elsewhere, slavery was wrong. But that doesn't change the state of affairs with blacks today.

What's the easiest way to tell if a city is one to avoid... simple, everyone knows... go to Wikipedia and see what the percentage black is.

From an old USA Today article (1999):

AIDS rate among blacks: 800% above average
Handgun crime rate: 300% above average
Out of Wedlock Childbirth: 250% of average

And you wonder why someone wouldn't want thier city africanized?

Then let's talk about schools.

A school is a building to learn in. But when it gets filled with black childern, it turns into hell hole. Some thing, how do you tell a bad school? It's full of blacks.

All it would take if for the blacks to sit down and realize that an education might be a way out, but noooo... too cool for "dat".

If the black race is so great, please go join them back in Africa, then report on your experiences.

Old 04-16-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:

I'm not telling it. The numbers are telling it. The 25 most dangerous cities (and most bad places worldwide) are at or near majority black populations. Period.

I lived in Atlanta most of my life....watched the city change for the worse. I saw it change from a mostly white, clean, calm, safe city when I was a kid, to one I was afraid to walk the downtown streets alone on as an adult. I really don't have anything against blacks as a whole, but even Bill Cosby admitted there was a problem with black men/youth. Atlanta is now a scary city full of gang bangers and cars that bounce, literally, to rap music.

I'm so sick and tired of entitlement crap....we're owed this because we're black, Mexican, Asian...etc. You live in America, you do your share and make something of your life, but don't you ruin mine because you've got no drive or motivation!

I'm in Charlotte now and I see some of the same things happening here that I saw in Atlanta as a kid. The only difference is there isn't as much White Flight. Instead, people are taking back neighborhoods and re-viatlizing them into wonderful places, yet they are right on the fringe of the "bad" neighborhoods...not all of them, but many.

I'm for equality, like I said in my last post...American is supposed to mean free and equal, but until minorities and other flat out lazy people do their share I (and my white fiance') am supposed to pick up the slack and pay for their services.

I'm a freaking Democrat and I can't STAND a lot of these entitlement things.

Come here, be born here, whatever, but do your share or S T F U. If you can't do your share and live a decent life then move! I don't want to pay for your inability to get off your butt and I refuse to let my property values decline because there are lazy, drug dealing thugs trying to move in. It won't happen here....not if I have anything to say about it.

Equal means just that...equal. Do your share or shut up!

Old 04-16-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
Well, what I described was "discrimination based on race", so yeah it is racism. Of course what you are really doing is just trying to avoid the word "racism" as far as blacks are concerned. "Racism" is a dirty word, after all.

Here's a good one for you that I saw at another website a few months ago.

A black poster proclaimed that a black maintanence person should not go into a white woman's house. This was based on the notion that there is a history of white women falsely accusing black men of impropities when alone with white women. Amazingly, the two or three other black posters seemed to agree.

At first I thought it was a white poster suggesting that white women should not be alone with an unknown black man. That's usually the way it goes. But on rereading the post, I saw that no, the idea was that for the black man's own good, he should avoid being alone with a white woman. (Sounds like something you'd say. That's why it came to mind.)

Anyway, another poster properly stated that such a suggestion was racism against whites, and perhaps sexism against women, in this case white women. Well the argument was under way.

Finally one poster asked if it was racism when a New York cab driver passed a black customer for fear that the black man might be a criminal. That was racism, it was declared by the black posters. I think it finally began to sink in that the two examples are the same thing. Both are examples of racism, and neither should be acceptable in society.

I'm sorry you feel as you do. Perhaps time and experience can rid you of your racism.
First of all GS, let me say that I truly respect the way that you have conducted yourself in this exchange. I am not patronizing you, but I honestly appreciate the way you have intellectualized and tempered your rebuttals. For whatever it means, I don’t see you as a racist…..the further we have progressed in our exchange.

That having been said……I think you are young and very naïve. I think your naivety is very troubling because it can serve as the foundation for you becoming a racist in the future. The reason that I say that is because you don’t seem to understand or accept that all actions create reactions. You seem to think that 300 years of the racial oppression and denigration, upon black people, by white society, produced no reaction. How can that be by the laws of nature when all actions produce reactions?

I don’t understand how anyone can know the racial history of America and not understand why blacks often don’t trust whites. The culture and psychology of black people have been greatly impacted by centuries of oppression. You cannot have oppression without a psychological consequence or reaction. If you throw a stone in a pond, the reactions transcends time and space well beyond the scope of the point and time which the object structure the water. Your position is tantamount to suggesting that a stone striking the water should not and does not produce reverberations outside the scope of the precise time and space of the impact.

When people start using the reverberations or the consequence or the aftermath of oppression as justification for more oppression, the phenomenon becomes self reinforcing. It’s like if you hit someone because you did not like them, then they get angry, then you hit them again because they are angry, then they call you a name and you hit them again because they called you a name….etc…etc. You will not be satisfied until black people accept their beat down and cry uncle. Anything else simply gives whites another excuse to continue the rationalization for the beat down.

I totally understand and respect what those other were talking about on that website. I personally often go out the way to may white people feel comfortable around me in some situations, given how much society fears the criminality of the black male. When I walk into certain stores, or when I was younger I should say, I would go out my way to try to not look like I was stealing something. Why? Because I have been conditioned to believe that whites see blacks negatively, and there is only 300 years of empirical evidence that demonstrates it. It’s just like being conditioned to look both ways before you cross the street. Why do you think Obama cannot be criticized by whites without blacks thinking that it is racism that is motivating it? The truth is that black people don’t think whites like us, as a general rule (and you moving out of places when we move in and sending your kids to other schools when they get "too black"). That is the byproduct of centuries of whites demonstrating this. So become defensive and insecure and that is why think a white person is cheating us, or that we will get accused of rape, or why will are reluctant to work in a place as the only black and why we have our own organizations….we have been conditioned to believe that whites will not give us a fair shot. You cannot oppress a race of people, because of their race, and NOT produce that human reaction. Yet, people like you want to call that “Black racism”. No…..it’s the reverberations of white racism transcending time and space.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 04-16-2010 at 04:09 PM..

Old 04-16-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:

Of course many will try to spin that as white caused somehow. Never mind that Africa has huge resources and the blacks over there have never been able to thier act together enough to do anything about it, whether other groups were around or not. Even today.

I've not used any blacks. I'm just another worker bee. So you can't lay that one on me.

Eurpoeans, with the help of arabs and jews, and blacks for that matter, brought africans over here as labor. Simple as that. At the time there weren't tractors and combines. Of course now any working class bum is good enough for that sort of thing these days, just ask the rich. They don't care who works in thier factories. Funny though that GM was in majority black Detroit and had some of the worst quality problems.

The whites who left the "Old World" were doing it for many reasons. The one's I know of were Religious Freedom, and hoping to make a better way (economics).

Hey, I'm all for reparations. If reparations means putting blacks to what they would've been had slavery not occured. Fine, that would mean repatriation. You up for that? Wanna go back with your bretheren in Africa?

I didn't think so.

Africans here have a higher standard of living than anywhere in the world. If it was as you paint it, there could be no Oprah nor Tiger Woods, et. al.

And look what happend to Elin. She married and african, and he behaved just like africans do.

If anything the accumlation of wealth that is possible by blacks in america just amplifies thier natural tendencies. Same as it does for anybody.

Sorry guy, but I'm too little of a fish for seesaw economics to do anything but push me down as well. Except I don't get things like Affirmative Action and other pro-fro policies.

As I've said repeatedly elsewhere, slavery was wrong. But that doesn't change the state of affairs with blacks today.

What's the easiest way to tell if a city is one to avoid... simple, everyone knows... go to Wikipedia and see what the percentage black is.

From an old USA Today article (1999):

AIDS rate among blacks: 800% above average
Handgun crime rate: 300% above average
Out of Wedlock Childbirth: 250% of average

And you wonder why someone wouldn't want thier city africanized?

Then let's talk about schools.

A school is a building to learn in. But when it gets filled with black childern, it turns into hell hole. Some thing, how do you tell a bad school? It's full of blacks.

All it would take if for the blacks to sit down and realize that an education might be a way out, but noooo... too cool for "dat".

If the black race is so great, please go join them back in Africa, then report on your experiences.
The facts are that your ancestors LEFT EUROPE. Europe was ALL WHITE. Why did they leave an ALL WHITE PLACE and come to place inhabited by non-whites and labored with non-whites? I am simply going off your theory that Africanization ruin things. Late 1800 Europe....."hows that workin out for yah" as Sarah Palin would say. It certainly met your criteria of being all white. What went wrong that your ancestors felt they had to get the hell out....and {gasp} come to a nation full of Negroes....and Native Americans....lol.

Your theory holds up about as well as an impotent man without his viagra .

Old 04-16-2010, 08:52 PM

648 posts, read 1,175,171 times
'stop mugging people and saying others made you do it.'

Huckleberry-- That's it, in a nutshell! Thanks for saying what sorely needs to be said.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:25 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Data Guy View Post
I'm not going to call it anti-white, but I'm going to call it "irritating". I don't understand what's wrong with living in a city that has a European American majority.
Absolutely nothing.

It's just a bunch of stoopid people frothing at the mouth until they fall over backwards.

You hear this nonsense all the time from liberals, things like, "there aren't enough black men as police officers."

Well, um, gosh, no kidding. Every poll, survey, questionarie and research study conducted in the last 20 years shows that black men want to be doctors, pyschiatrists, psychologists, lawyers, social workers, parole officers or probation officers.

Obviously a black man who wants to be a psychologist is a dumb-ass and doesn't know what he's doing. He should be drafted and forced to be a police officer to make the liberals happy.

How many African majority cities are in Africa? Maybe the US should start exporting whites. That will create "balanced" neighborhoods and cities on both continents.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Absolutely nothing.

You hear this nonsense all the time from liberals, things like, "there aren't enough black men as police officers."

I didn't understand most of your post, (actually none of it made much sense) especially the parts about Liberals. Obviously you lump Liberals in the same category some people lump blacks into. You might try educating yourself that there are different degrees of Liberal and different degrees of Democrat!

Personally, I don't go for quotas and think they're a bunch of B.S! Also, I've NEVER heard any "liberal" I know state that there aren't enough black men as police officers. That's for the NAACP sweetie. They may be liberals, but they are the extreme of extreme of liberal and frankly they make me sick.

I don't like most entitlement programs except for people who need a leg up...they don't want a handout because they had another baby by a babydaddy they confuse with the postman! People need help every now and again but when it becomes a point of giving minorities help because someone might scream RACISM because they were denied, then the program loses my vote because I don't care if someone cries racism or not! If you don't qualify, you don't qualify....if you keep having babies to get more of the tax payers money, then you need to be turned down.

There should be limits on these things like food stamps, welfare, etc. If you don't go to school to better yourself, to try and get yourself financially stable, then OFF you go...off the program. Period. If that sounds "liberal" then you've really got no clue....sweetie.

The one program I think is decent, and due to the TAXPAYERS is Social Security Disability because you've worked into the system, paid into the system and for whatever reason you've become disabled. This is your money.......as for the rest, if you need help, you need help, but you don't get it indefinitely....get your act together or live on the street...makes no difference to me. Someone once said, "You can't help someone who won't help themselves." Should be a gov't motto!

I'm a Democrat, proud of it, but "Liberal" I am not...at least not in your sense of the word.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.