Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 05:16 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
WTF is a hipster & why care what they obsess about?

A better question might be why does everyone worry so much about what someone else is doing.
I am with you. Don't judge me and i woud judge you. I presonally choose my life ;so live your unless you thnik I should apoy for services you get.Then your just a dependent once known as a deadbeat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 05:29 PM

271 posts, read 394,008 times
People who obsess over other people's lifestyles do it because they are lacking in their own... If your life is being led in accordance with ,your true heartfelt desires, than you are content and could care less about something as trivial as to ,"why a person dresses, acts, and lives a certain way"...Most likely "hipster haters" are nothing but "latent hipsters"...Get over yourselves and enough already...Peace

Old 04-24-2010, 11:08 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Found one.
and he admits to stealing napkins from the fast food place to use for toilet paper at home... Now that's a true hipster... LOL

Old 04-24-2010, 04:31 PM

1,346 posts, read 3,076,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Not THAT poor, I see. You have computer and Internet access...
Now this was moronic. Hello? LIBRARIES have computers and internet access.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:41 PM

1,188 posts, read 2,320,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claud605 View Post
Now this was moronic. Hello? LIBRARIES have computers and internet access.
YOU MISSED SOMETHING...YOU PROBABLY SHOULD READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU POST... In earlier posts...

Deef1: No Elnina...TKramar is probably on a free computer at the library! lol

Elnina: With average of 20 posts day and night, and over 4000 posts in relationship forum alone? - I doubt it.

CLAUD605...that isn't very nice! If you are going to post something rude ...how about keep up with the posts first...this was addressed A LONG TIME ago in earlier posts. Elnina is NOT being moronic! She has a valid point. You must have some niceties if you are posting at all hours with as many as are being posted. So TKramer shouldn't poor mouth about it.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:56 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
I explained that. I do not own this computer, it belongs to my room mate--who is currently on disability, and will be for the remainder of her life.

As I pointed out, also, it is almost a requirement of employment to have an Internet service. They'd rather shoot you an email than hand you or mail you a piece of paper.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:02 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
What does the computer have to do with anything in this topic? Do Hipsters not retain the right to use what money they have to buy whatever they please? With a choice of a computer and internet access, or an automatic dish washer? Why do so many people feel like they need to micromanage the lives of everybody else, and bash anyone who makes personal choices different from their own?

Old 04-25-2010, 08:03 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
I'm STILL not sure what defines a hipster, but since this thread started it seems I see the word everywhere!

Dictionary.com doesn't help much:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hipster

The word kind of makes me think of an elderly person who needed a body part replaced, but then we'd also have kneesters.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:14 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Modern hipsters are usually 20-somethings who live in gritty urban neighborhoods, wear thrift store clothes (like 80s rock t-shirts for the ironic factor,) skinny jeans, Pumas or Chucks, they don't own cars but ride bikes, they're often vegetarians or vegans, they're in bands or are artists, etc. They wear black plastic glasses, smoke Parliaments, and drink PBR. They're not the kind of people who want to climb the corporate ladder and drive an SUV to their house in the suburbs.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 04-25-2010 at 08:35 AM..

Old 04-25-2010, 08:19 AM

1,188 posts, read 2,320,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Modern hipsters are usually 20-somethings who live in gritty urban neighborhoods, wear thrift store clothes (like 80s rock t-shirts for the ironic factor,) they don't own cars but ride bikes, they're often vegetarians or vegans, they're in bands or are artists, etc. They're not the kind of people who want to climb the corporate ladder and drive an SUV to their house in the suburbs.

Soo, they are the NEW AGE Hippie, hence the reference Hipster?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates