Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2012, 09:06 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
So... You're okay with eating beef in steak or roast form. You're okay with eating the cheaper cuts ground up in hamburger. And you're fine eating hot dogs, that are of the same material as the slanderously labeled "Pink Slime." But you freak out about that pureed meat ABC calls "Pink Slime."

Ever eat Braunschweiger? Liverwurst? Turkey Loaf?

Now... Since you've freaked out about "Pink Slime," would you care to provide information regarding ANYBODY who was sickened by the stuff? Ever? Here's a little secret: YOU CAN'T.

So freak out all you want. Just don't expect everybody else to freak out with you. Some of us know better.
No, I don't eat store bought hamburger, wouldn't touch a gross hotdog(I know what they're made from), and I don't "freak out" (your words again)about pink slime....Don't eat ANY of that crap....and once again...I am not freaked out!!!!just because I think it`s a travesty to serve what used to be ONLY for dogs (until they added the ammonia to kill the germs) to our children (lunch programs) and to the unknowing grocery buyer, doesn't mean I'm (your favorite words) freaked out at all....Just because you don't get sick eating it doesn't make it ok.....I could take a pile of manure too, and sterilize it, make it look pretty, and you wouldn't get sick off that either.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Yep, pretty much.

Discredited and disavowed by the EU.

Even so, the anti-GMO zealots will continue to cite the study as proven fact.
I wouldn't call these scientists anti-gmo zealots, just scientists telling the truth....How GM crops have increased the use of danger pesticides and created superweeds and toxin-resistant insects | Mail Online

Old 12-01-2012, 11:19 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,369,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
No, I don't eat store bought hamburger, wouldn't touch a gross hotdog(I know what they're made from), and I don't "freak out" (your words again)about pink slime....Don't eat ANY of that crap....and once again...I am not freaked out!!!!just because I think it`s a travesty to serve what used to be ONLY for dogs (until they added the ammonia to kill the germs) to our children (lunch programs) and to the unknowing grocery buyer, doesn't mean I'm (your favorite words) freaked out at all....Just because you don't get sick eating it doesn't make it ok.....I could take a pile of manure too, and sterilize it, make it look pretty, and you wouldn't get sick off that either.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand once again, a lot of words and absolutely NO credible evidence to back it up.

"Pink Slime" - as you and ABC slanderously call it - is nothing but finely ground beef trimmings. Nothing more and nothing less. Fortunately, finally, there is a $1.2 billion defamation lawsuit because of stupid people mis-leading stupid people about a perfectly safe product.

So again... Who are all these people who have gotten sick and/or died as a result of "pink slime"?

Old 12-01-2012, 11:21 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,369,387 times
Quote:
I wouldn't call these scientists anti-gmo zealots, just scientists telling the truth....How GM crops have increased the use of danger pesticides and created superweeds and toxin-resistant insects | Mail Online
I wouldn't even call them scientists. They're just snotty city kids.

I happen to know for a fact - having grown up on a farm, and having my entire family in agriculture - that RoundUp & RoundUp Ready Crops have decreased pesticide usage markedly. The amount of herbicides used now is a mere fraction of what was used 50 years ago. And most of it is contact herbicide that dissipates within 24 hours.

But of course, you and other city kids wouldn't know that.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:52 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times
Quote:
It's hilarious that supposedly intelligent people like you are so gullible as to have fallen for this smear campaign.....

Not to mention you are absolutely clueless to LFTB....

Slimed! Debunking the "Pink Slime" Media Scare Campaign

Slimed! Debunking the "Pink Slime" Media Scare Campaign | Truth or Scare

How ABC News smeared a stellar company with 'pink slime'

How ABC News smeared a stellar company with 'pink slime'

WARNING!

Be suspicious when ABC claimed “USDA officials with links to the beef industry labeled 'pink slime' meat.” Actually, USDA officials labeled meat as meat.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Anyone else notice something about the anti-GMO crowd when they post something?

When a scientist publishes something negative about GMO's they are "just telling the truth"...

But when a scientist publishes something positive about GMO's they are "paid shills of Monsanto telling lies"...

You just gotta love it......

Old 12-01-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand once again, a lot of words and absolutely NO credible evidence to back it up.

"Pink Slime" - as you and ABC slanderously call it - is nothing but finely ground beef trimmings. Nothing more and nothing less. Fortunately, finally, there is a $1.2 billion defamation lawsuit because of stupid people mis-leading stupid people about a perfectly safe product.

So again... Who are all these people who have gotten sick and/or died as a result of "pink slime"?
You don't seem to understand though that SOME of us don't want to eat ammonia sprayed gristle, and ears etc mixed with our REAL ALL beef...No-one WILL get sick, I didn't say it was unsafe...I just said I want to know what I'm eating and it WON'T be a gross filler made from scraps.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Anyone else notice something about the anti-GMO crowd when they post something?

When a scientist publishes something negative about GMO's they are "just telling the truth"...

But when a scientist publishes something positive about GMO's they are "paid shills of Monsanto telling lies"...

You just gotta love it......
No plwit, I didn't, probably because I'm more into reading other peoples thoughts and beliefs than using up all my posts putting them down......show me one place where you've seen those words "paid shills of Monsanto telling lies", though I must admit, that's a good one, and you're right..."You gotta love it".....

Old 12-01-2012, 06:05 PM

https://www.city-data.com/forum/green...anto-ploy.html

Post #16:

Quote:
I just figured out what's going on on these Monsanto threads, gang. There are paid shills for Monsanto on these threads. Best to put them on "ignore" so we can have a normal conversation. It looks like everyone's pretty much fled the combat zone, though.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
No plwit, I didn't, prbably because I'm more into reading other peoples thoughts and beliefs than using up all my posts putting them down......show me one place where you've seen those words "paid shills of Monsanto telling lies", though I must admit, that's a good one, and you're right..."You gotta love it".....
Did you bother to read the articles in my post showing that this pink slime issue was dreamed up lie?

Did you stop to think that before these two ABC doofuses started their FUD and lies people had been eating LFTB hamburgers and chile for over a decade with no sicknesses attributed to the meat?

Nahh, the ABC articles were anti-technology and you eagerly lapped them up and like a good anti-<anything> trooper spread "THE TRUTH" without any research into it.

Your Masters don't spread lies and half truths in your mind, whatever they proclaim is the honest to God truth never to be questioned. And like a TRUE BELIEVER you and your sub-minions immediately got diarrhea of the fingertips and put out totally inaccurate storys that had disastrous consequences.

A perfectly safe business that had won the highest awards in that industry, never having a problem with their meat product is defamed by people like you and ugly news media organizations like ABC...

It's about time people that put out such trash for news that is biased and is meant to scare people should be fired and blacklisted from the industry..

Last edited by plwhit; 12-01-2012 at 06:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living