Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2012, 07:04 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,369,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
You don't seem to understand though that SOME of us don't want to eat ammonia sprayed gristle, and ears etc mixed with our REAL ALL beef...No-one WILL get sick, I didn't say it was unsafe...I just said I want to know what I'm eating and it WON'T be a gross filler made from scraps.
No, actually it is YOU who doesn't understand. You don't understand what this "pink slime" actually is. And obviously, neither does ABC - which is why they are being sued for $1.2 billion for the straight-up absolute LIES they told about it.

Why do YOU choose to believe those lies?

Old 12-01-2012, 07:44 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
So you would conclude that anyone else who would reject gm foods as being of the same mind?.Is that your reason for your anger towards those who oppose what they don't want?..The poster is entitled to express her/himself, and even if it does prove derogatory, is that any reason to use that as an excuse to do the same to others?

Old 12-01-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Did you bother to read .
Did you bother to read mine that tells you what it IS made up of?.Did you bother to think that some of us don't take kindly to being fooled into eating a disscusting filler?..I don't care if people don't get sick from it...I care that they've been lied to, and that they deserve to KNOW what's in the food they buy.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:40 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times
Quote:
Did you bother to read mine that tells you what it IS made up of?.Did you bother to think that some of us don't take kindly to being fooled into eating a disscusting filler?..I don't care if people don't get sick from it...I care that they've been lied to, and that they deserve to KNOW what's in the food they buy.
Yes I read it, total BS propaganda...

You people fail to understand not one accredited food organization has ever had a complaint against LFTB meat, not one person in decades has ever gotten sick because the meat was LFTB based....

The logic you use on this topic is dumbfounding....

A couple of kiddie writers at ABC with an agenda against LFTB use the scariest and negative connotations, ABC espoused this kiddie FUD via their top commentators and gullible sheeple to it to hear hook, line and sinker.

Don't you think your complaint should be with the FDA who classifies LFTB as meat?

What did Safeway have to say about LFTB?

Quote:
"Safeway is committed to providing our customers with the highest-quality products. While the USDA and food industry experts agree that lean, finely textured beef is safe and wholesome, recent news stories have caused considerable consumer concern about this product.
Another comment:

Quote:
LFTB is treated with a tiny amount of perfectly safe ammonium hydroxide gas to kill bacteria such as e. coli. Guess what else has ammonium hydroxide in it? Several cheeses (American, cheddar, and more), orange juice, peanut butter, mayonnaise, chocolate...I could go on and on. It's common. It's abundant. And it's safe. So where is the howling over ammonium hydroxide gas in these products?
Let us continue on:

Quote:
he Washington Post labeled LFTB as a "safer burger" back in 2008 in this article. Staff writer Annys Shin wrote:
"About 10 years ago, he (Beef Products, Inc. founder Eldon Roth) and his engineers began working with ammonium hydroxide, a food additive already approved by federal regulators for use in processing cheese, chocolate and soda. It also exists naturally in beef. By increasing the level of it in beef, Roth hoped to reduce its acidity and create less hospitable conditions for bacteria."

Shin also wrote:
"The plants have even won over some of the beef industry's harshest critics -- people such as Carol Tucker Foreman, director of the Food Safety Institute for the Consumer Federation of America (CFA), and Nancy Donley, the president of Safe Tables Our Priority (STOP), a group that represents victims of food-borne illness.”

The Washington Post labeled LFTB as a "safer burger" back in 2008 in this article. Staff writer Annys Shin wrote:
"About 10 years ago, he (Beef Products, Inc. founder Eldon Roth) and his engineers began working with ammonium hydroxide, a food additive already approved by federal regulators for use in processing cheese, chocolate and soda. It also exists naturally in beef. By increasing the level of it in beef, Roth hoped to reduce its acidity and create less hospitable conditions for bacteria."
Shin also wrote:
"The plants have even won over some of the beef industry's harshest critics -- people such as Carol Tucker Foreman, director of the Food Safety Institute for the Consumer Federation of America (CFA), and Nancy Donley, the president of Safe Tables Our Priority (STOP), a group that represents victims of food-borne illness.”

Old 12-03-2012, 09:20 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Are you talking about this Pink Slime? Do you call concern about this "freaking out"?...Pink Slime is made by gathering waste trimmings ((ears, noses, cartilages, sinew, tendon, connective tissues etc) simmering them at low heat,so that the fat separates easily from the muscles, and then spinning it in a centrifuge to complete the fat separation...Then the mixture goes through pipes where ammonia gas will be sprayed on it to kill all that gross bacteria....Then it's packaged in bricks, frozen, and sold to meat packers to be mixed in their "ground beef"...The pink slime label doesn't have to appear (over the objections of the USDAs own scientists) because the USDA officials (with links to the beef industry) labeled it as meat....and that call led to hundreds of millions of dollers for Beef Products Inc.the makers of pink slime.( now in apparently up to 70% of "ground beef sold in the U.S.) ....oh, and what would you like me to call a "multi-million doller corperation", other than what it is?
please name the USDA scientists who were in favor of labelling this product 'pink slime.'
thanks in advance.

you're way off topic, btw.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:35 PM

So off topic that you want to keep it going hey uggabugga..it wasn't me started up with the pink slime...plwhit, what you say is completely untrue. I'm trying to tell you that I DON'T CARE whether an 'accredited food organization', says it's safe, or not, you must have failed to see my last posts, I just flat out DO NOT want a filler in my beef!!! Is that so bad?..I'm not trying to say that you can't eat it,..... so why are you saying I should?..Any food product can be may sterile, thus safe to eat, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna eat it, nor do I want to...what's next?..a nice pile of sterile manure mixed in with a cake mix so you don't notice the (now nicely put) edible, safe filler?

Old 12-03-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
So off topic that you want to keep it going hey uggabugga..it wasn't me started up with the pink slime...plwhit, what you say is completely untrue. I'm trying to tell you that I DON'T CARE whether an 'accredited food organization', says it's safe, or not, you must have failed to see my last posts, I just flat out DO NOT want a filler in my beef!!! Is that so bad?..I'm not trying to say that you can't eat it,..... so why are you saying I should?..Any food product can be may sterile, thus safe to eat, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna eat it, nor do I want to...what's next?..a nice pile of sterile manure mixed in with a cake mix so you don't notice the (now nicely put) edible, safe filler?
Excuse me, this thread was on-topic until YOU in Post #327 decided to barge into this thread and railroad it with pink slime...

Since LFTB and GMO's are totally different from each other if you need assistance in opening your own thread concerning pink slime it's not that hard to do and myself or anyone else that participates in this thread will be more than happy to assist you in this highly technical manually intensive task.....

Maybe one of the mods can assist you in your own thread because YOUR topic sure as heck doesn't belong here.....

Last edited by plwhit; 12-03-2012 at 05:46 PM..

Old 12-04-2012, 04:22 PM

Excuse me too...first post on pink slime was from ohazco#292.....second on pink slime was Big George #317, you even got in on it yourself plwit (#335)...so you see, it's not MY topic, but yours, and I did not "barge into this thread", but I sure seem to have got your hackles up...maybe one of the mods could assist you to understand that these forums are for all, not just for those that agree with you.........http://www.france24.com/en/20090418-...ified-US-crops

http://www.rosebudmag.com/truth-squa...nd-up-pig-weed

Old 12-04-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Excuse me too...first post on pink slime was from ohazco#292.....second on pink slime was Big George #317, you even got in on it yourself plwit (#335)...so you see, it's not MY topic, but yours, and I did not "barge into this thread", but I sure seem to have got your hackles up...maybe one of the mods could assist you to understand that these forums are for all, not just for those that agree with you.........‘Superweed’ explosion threatens Monsanto heartlands - FRANCE 24

Monsanto Superweeds Destroying American Agriculture - Rosebud Magazine Hydroponics Lifestyle Growing And Entertainment!
Hilarious, thanks for posting it... the France24 article is over two years old.....

Why should weeds be any different than human viruses? So the weeds are adapting, well my friend the exact same trait can be seen in the viruses that attack human beings, they have adapted to the medicines that have been used for decades to cure people. Shall we beat our chests and berate medical science too?

ABC did a special, we have seen over the past couple of years just how believable, truthful and honest they have been....

And the other URL you posted? LMAO big time, an article by a pothead.....

Articles by Laura Vladimirova | BigBuds Magazine - Your one source for growing medical marijuana

You should stick with pink slime, your knowledge concerning the topic of GMO's appears almost non-existent....

Last edited by plwhit; 12-04-2012 at 05:03 PM..

Old 12-04-2012, 05:23 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,369,387 times
Hey - back on topic: Whatever happened to Proposition 37? Did common sense prevail, or are lawyers lining up to line their pockets?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living