Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 11:58 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,437,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelWingDesigns View Post
I am so glad many think G*M*O is fine, please eat it and leave the organic for me and mine. I wouldn't eat it if you paid me. To each his own, good lord it would help some to research knowledge is power. Use it people. Please no flaming unless you actually don't have a vested interest, aren't in the paid industry or family member ie again vested interest, can read research... true research not propaganda by a company. Even then like I said to each his own, I personally don't care if you eat it....LOL I care if I do.

With love, from your local natural health field practitioner
Yes, absolutely, research! As an inveterate researcher from the time I learned to read (and really before), I'm all for it. And read the research from reliable sources, rather than jumping on bandwagons, GMO or otherwise. Also, doesn't being a "natural health field practitioner" put you firmly in the "vested interest" category?

I'm of an advanced enough age that I've seen these bandwagons come and go many times. I've even seen things be good for you due to "research", then bad for you due to "research", then good for you again, every time someone needs to justify funding for research or needs to publish and sell a book or needs to manipulate the masses one way or another. This has led to a certain caution on my part in swallowing whole claims that things are bad OR good for you. For example, yes, herbs can do wonders. They are also dangerous when used inappropriately or to excess. Why? Because if they work, just like other drugs, they have the potential to harm. If they don't have that potential, it's because they're a placebo, at best.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:38 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,239,321 times
Given the choice, we eat organic. It makes sense.

Old 04-21-2014, 02:55 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,954,338 times
Restricted Topic, closing thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living