Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 07:38 AM

1,092 posts, read 720,241 times

Advertisements

I've heard about US Sushi and I've wanted to go for awhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 07:03 AM

11 posts, read 27,242 times
I reside in the winston area so I'll be talking about this place. As far as restaurants go, my favorites are Meridian, Mellow Mushroom (they make great pizza) and the thai restaurant on fourth street. Murphy's on third street makes great hamburgers that are cooked when you order them . Caminos bakery, krankies, chelsees, and cafe ole are great coffee shops for when you want to relax a enjoy a cup of joe . For entertainment, I love the movie theatre on third street forgot the name of it but it's so beautiful in there, I think they are expanding. Greensboro has a lot of live plays going on at a theatre downtown as well. I'll post more if anything else comes to mind.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Sushi Republic on Tate St or Hibachi on Elm. Sushi Republic may be further than you care to walk. I haven't had the sushi from Hibachi just know it's on the menu. You walked right past it on your way to MM.
Most of the eaterys on Elm are decent enough and I can't think of any I don't care to eat at other than Hams.
Sushi Republic on tate street is great! I love that place! Glad you mentioned them, can't believe I didn't. They serve a mango sushi dish there that is delicious, I think it's called mango tango?

Old 04-25-2013, 07:40 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,159,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Hunter View Post
I reside in the winston area so I'll be talking about this place. As far as restaurants go, my favorites are Meridian, Mellow Mushroom (they make great pizza) and the thai restaurant on fourth street. Murphy's on third street makes great hamburgers that are cooked when you order them . Caminos bakery, krankies, chelsees, and cafe ole are great coffee shops for when you want to relax a enjoy a cup of joe . For entertainment, I love the movie theatre on third street forgot the name of it but it's so beautiful in there, I think they are expanding. Greensboro has a lot of live plays going on at a theatre downtown as well. I'll post more if anything else comes to mind.

KG, just to clarify for others, the movie theater is on 4th street, not 3rd. It's call Aperture, and you're right--it is a gem!

And I'm glad to see Murphy's get some love. It's a great spot!

Old 04-25-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
KG, just to clarify for others, the movie theater is on 4th street, not 3rd. It's call Aperture, and you're right--it is a gem!

And I'm glad to see Murphy's get some love. It's a great spot!
Thank you for that correction! and yes, Murphy's is a cool place.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:23 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Hunter View Post
That would be Triad Stage.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
That would be Triad Stage.
Yes, thank you. That place is quite divine. Definitely making my way there to enjoy some plays this year.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:43 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,224,746 times
Ham's restaurant has opened in downtown Greensboro

News-Record.com : Ham

Old 05-13-2013, 02:05 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Ham's restaurant has opened in downtown Greensboro

News-Record.com : Ham
Ugh!

Old 05-31-2013, 12:45 PM

10 posts, read 13,550 times
Wen Hwa Asian Fusion Cuisine ® 134 n. spruce st, winston salem, NC 27101
ChadaThai 420-J Jonstown Rd Winston-Salem NC 27104
LA Botana 1547 Hanes Mall Blvd., Winston-Salem, NC 27103.
ISE Sushi & Japanese Restaurant 121 Stark St, Winston Salem, NC 27103
The Olive Tree 580 S Stratford Rd Winston Salem, NC 27103
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point