Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 10:47 AM

58 posts, read 99,090 times

Advertisements

what's with people hating on Ham's? I'm excited that Greensboro has an idea sports watching venue now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 01:21 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,577,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2010 View Post
what's with people hating on Ham's? I'm excited that Greensboro has an idea sports watching venue now.
Now?
Obviously you haven't been to the Pour House, Kickback Jacks, Coopers, or know Ham's has three other locations. I won't get into how the food tastes like what you can get from your grocer's freezer.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:34 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,876,759 times
Thumbs up Places I frequent in The Boro

Well one of my favorites before they changed locations and eventually closed because they decided to move to area that doesn't get much traffic was City Center Cafe it got to the point where they knew my name and even would have my order ready before I could even place it. Broadway Cafe the restaurant that took its place literally in the same location, is a nice alternative since it has one of the same cooks and lots of the same dishes done just how I like it. Another one of my favorites is Midori's Japanese Hibachi good food and good prices. Fincastles burgers hit the spot the sauce is good too. Da Reggae Cafe is real good and is generous with their portions, one meal you can either split up and eat one half in noon and eat the other half at night or it can feed two and both of you will feel like you ate good. Personally I used to hit up the grocery stores a whole lot, Harris teeter any topping full pizzas for 7 dollars Monday, Any foot long Friday, Earthfare Birds the word sandwich is the business, their pizzas are great and so are their burgers for burgers for bucks Sunday, and Fresh Markets Salmon Burger is the best. Almost forgot it's relatively new but I'm glad Dame's chicken and waffles decided to open a Greensboro location.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:15 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,631,982 times
We've enjoyed Fratelli's in Winston-Salem.

Old 05-10-2014, 11:49 AM

571 posts, read 1,050,608 times
My husband and I like 4th Street Filling Station.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:54 AM

90 posts, read 192,949 times
I wish downtown W-S had a decent sports bar.

Old 05-15-2014, 12:10 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,400,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpayne44 View Post
I wish downtown W-S had a decent sports bar.
That is a bit of a gap in Winston, isn't it? Downtown anyway. There must be demand, right? Seems like an opportunity.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:34 PM

Yeah, it'd be nice to walk to a place that had, for example, enough TVs to watch every NFL game simultaneously on Sundays. Just to add to that, I wish there was also a late-night option for food. Seems like that would also be a great idea for downtown, in my opinion.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:36 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,400,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpayne44 View Post
Just to add to that, I wish there was also a late-night option for food. Seems like that would also be a great idea for downtown, in my opinion.
Burke Street Pizza is my go-to. Open till 3 on the weekends, and call me old, but if I'm out later than that, I need to go home. But yeah, a 24 hour diner would be another good addition.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:29 AM

Should also add City Beverage to this. I LOVE going to the tasting room in the afternoons to try what they have on tap. A great way to mingle with fellow beer lovers and start off your evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point