Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 08:11 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexLan View Post
You need a second part time job to shop at Publix ..... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. But they do have a decent meat department ..... if you can afford it.
Yeah? I've never found Publix to be inordinately pricey. Some of its items are higher than some grocery stores, but they're in line with the stores I consider their nearest competition in the NC market (HT and Lowe's Foods, for example). I also mentioned that they have great store brand items, and if you tend to buy those, that saves you a bit. Then again, I tend to shop sales and have been known to clip a coupon, so maybe my view of prices is skewed.

I do have to rib you just a little bit, RexLan, since I just saw you post in the HondaJet thread that a $4m jet was a good value, but here you're saying that Publix is too expensive. It would take a lot of overpriced baked beans to add up to a jet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 07:47 AM

459 posts, read 585,782 times
We tend to do basic shoping at WalMart and buy meat, other than chicken, at Publix, or Sam's club. I have found that Publix is at least 30% higher cost than WallMart. I am in Florida now so not sure of the choices available there. We were looking into moving into the area ... still considering.

But think how cool you would look with that bag of groceries exiting your private jet !

Old 10-27-2014, 08:20 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
I have not noticed Publix's prices to be extraordinarily high in upstate South Carolina. Its store brand products cost less and, in some cases, better than national brands.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:01 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexLan View Post
We tend to do basic shoping at WalMart and buy meat, other than chicken, at Publix, or Sam's club. I have found that Publix is at least 30% higher cost than WallMart. I am in Florida now so not sure of the choices available there.
It's certainly possible, but that seems like a bigger gap than I've ever experienced. Some items seem a little higher at the Publix locations I've frequented (mostly in SC), but not that much. Still, I don't generally shop at WalMart and I don't generally pay full price for much at the grocery store, so it'd be hard to say for certain.

Quote:
We were looking into moving into the area ... still considering.
Come see us!

Quote:
But think how cool you would look with that bag of groceries exiting your private jet !
Undeniable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I have not noticed Publix's prices to be extraordinarily high in upstate South Carolina. Its store brand products cost less and, in some cases, better than national brands.
My experience has been closer to yours.

Old 11-23-2015, 10:45 AM

1 posts, read 815 times
People will come from miles and miles to shop at Publix ! I live in Greensboro and I will be driving to Winston to shop at Publix until we get our own. Publix has MANY loyal followers here in NC !! We are over the moon excited !!!
Once established in an area, Publix becomes number ONE in customer satisfaction and Quality !!
They are the best !! Clean stores, polite and helpful employees, excellent bakery, produce and meats. Large variety of speciality items and they will special order anything you ask them to. They carry your order to your car and there is no tipping allowed !! They own their company, so the employees are proud to be helping make their customers happy every shopping trip !! I lived in Nashville, TN when the first store opened there !! Now, they are the best store in that area !! Give them a chance !! You will be glad they are here !!

Old 11-23-2015, 11:45 AM

Publix is consistent and successful. It should do well in the Piedmont Triad.

Aside from store 1475 under construction in Winston-Salem and a possible store in Clemmons, I have not heard anything new in additional stores in the Piedmont Triad lately.

Old 11-23-2015, 12:39 PM

1,545 posts, read 1,874,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Publix is consistent and successful. It should do well in the Piedmont Triad.

Aside from store 1475 under construction in Winston-Salem and a possible store in Clemmons, I have not heard anything new in additional stores in the Piedmont Triad lately.
I won't be surprised once the Winston-Salem location opens you hear of more announcements of Publix store openings shortly after. I'm in Cary, and maybe within months they have already approved 2 more publix stores in Cary alone, plus another in Wake Forest. So it's only a matter of time, when they spread through out the triangle, like wise the same thing is probably going to happen in the triad once the first one opens in Winston.

Since they are already in the Charlotte area, and Triangle area, probably be a store in Greensboro by 2017(since they rejected it the first time it was proposed) and maybe 2nd in Winston.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:58 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
I won't be surprised once the Winston-Salem location opens you hear of more announcements of Publix store openings shortly after. I'm in Cary, and maybe within months they have already approved 2 more publix stores in Cary alone, plus another in Wake Forest. So it's only a matter of time, when they spread through out the triangle, like wise the same thing is probably going to happen in the triad once the first one opens in Winston.

Since they are already in the Charlotte area, and Triangle area, probably be a store in Greensboro by 2017(since they rejected it the first time it was proposed) and maybe 2nd in Winston.
To date as far as I know it was Trader Joes, not Publix that was rejected.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:18 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,382,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
To date as far as I know it was Trader Joes, not Publix that was rejected.
And of course, it wasn't Trader Joe's that was rejected, it was the rezoning for the construction of the shopping center that was rejected. TJ's was rumored to be involved, but never officially confirmed, as I recall.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post

Publix has been busy in Wake County. One store is presently open: store 1466, Bradford, 1020 Bradford Plaza Way, Cary, North Carolina 27519. Three stores are under construction or officially announced. ("The Shoppes at Heritage Village, Wake Forest, North Carolina;" Millpond Village, Cary, North Carolina; and "The Pointe at Beaver Creek, Apex, North Carolina.") One site is owned for a future store. ("Publix Super Markets bypasses developer, pays top dollar for land in Cary.") Another store is dependent upon approval by the Town of Cary. ("Amberly Village, Cary, North Carolina.") Six stores could be open by 2017.

I could see further expansion in Guilford and Forsyth counties within the next two years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point