Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2007, 09:20 AM

181 posts, read 537,820 times

Advertisements

Does anyone work in the plastics industry? I am a mold maker and there seems to be a lot of companys in and around Greenville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2007, 03:14 PM

745 posts, read 2,233,560 times
I'm also a moldmaker, but I don't live in the Greenville area...yet. We have land outside Traveler's Rest, and will be moving up that way in a couple years. From what I see on various employment search engines, there seems to be a healthy industry up there, no doubt fueled by BMW, Michelin, etc. I haven't decided if I'll pursue a job in the field when I get there; I'm getting too old to hump mold plates around, and try to hold 'tenths'. Here in FL, the industry is virtually dead, gutted by foreign competition (OK, China). I hope my current position will last me until I'm ready to move. FWIW, I see more employment opportunities south and east of Greenville, rather than north, where I am. Towns I see include Greer, Mauldin, Simpsonville, Fountain Inn, and of course, Greenville. Let me know how you make out- good luck!

Old 08-12-2007, 04:00 PM

fl.... I have been sending my resume to as many companys as I can in that area. I have one that has contacted me so far, I only started looking about a week ago. In my area we have had a lot of shops close and a lot of guys I knew that lost there jobs dont want anything to do with the trade. I live in northern Indiana by the way.

Old 08-12-2007, 05:01 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,713,713 times
This is weird. About 3 hours ago I was talking to my next door neighbor about his profession, plastics, commenting that it's a big industry here. He said it's big everywhere, pointing to my house which is made of siding. Coincidentally the neighbor who lives across the street from the both of us is also in plastics. One of the company's located in Travelers Rest, the other in Fountain Inn.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:00 PM

Plastic is everywhere, just look at all the plastic in and on your car.

Old 09-15-2007, 05:05 PM

I am a mold maker that is looking for work in the Greenville area, any help would be great.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:27 PM

I've got a great job now in Duncan at Draexlmaier as a Tooling Engineer.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:49 AM

745 posts, read 2,233,560 times
Thanks for the update! I'm in the process of building my own house, so I'm a little busy to look for a job right now. Maybe this winter. I have gotten a few references to small local shops doing machine work, so I'm confident I'll find something when I'm ready. Since this thread started, I've cleared land, built a barn, and have the outside of the house dried in.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:54 AM

UTM is almost always looking for help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area