Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 01:39 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRCainJr View Post
I have been reading and watching this unfold in Greenville. I believe it is directly tied to the UN Agenda 21 Greenville Forward
Oh and it looks like they are getting all the Chambers of Commerce on board which they link to and look what's advertised on their website, surprise, surprise. Furman is advertising their "corporate sustainability" program. http://www.fusbp.com/

I think you are right. The site looks like its design and approach is right out of the Delphi Technique instruction book. It is all very positive sounding and very manipulative ie "Your Vision" "keep the green in Greenville" "Spirit of Innovative Government" etc etc.

I found this outfit too. Our Upstate SC: 2030 Shared Growth Vision

I guess the people who own homes in the flood zones in Del Norte who are being asked to leave by the city and sell their homes to the city doesn't qualify as an Agenda 21 take over of private property because I guess their homes are going to be converted to public use, if I understand correctly. Whereas Agenda 21 redevelopment changes the definition of public use and if corporations can use your property which generates more taxes for the city, it is fair game too. What if you aren't paid market value for your property though? What if you don't want to leave??

I bet there are dozens of building contractors and non-profit groups all trying to get Greenville local government to go along with them. They'll have meetings which will be attended by all the groups who will benefit and when Greenville residents show up and don't like it, it will appear they are in the minority yet little will they realize, most of the people there are planners of and will be profiting from the initiative!

The REAL expert on this is Rosa Koire who wrote the book
Behind the Green Mask. This is a great lecture by her. It is a very entertaining and educational hour and a half. I recommend everyone watch it
Behind the Green Mask - Rosa Koire - YouTube

States fighting Agenda 21 http://www.stopagenda21inms.com/inde...s-Against-A21/

I think SC ought to be one of them.

Last edited by emilybh; 04-15-2012 at 02:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 01:54 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
This is becoming so funny...Agenda 21 doesn't take away anyone's right , I don't understand why people are getting mad over a 20 year document that is optional....and it says it in the document... People shouldn't live in Flood zones , that costs the tax payers everytime they flood and hurts the towns economy. It amazes me how many people don't read the originally document and get there info from these stupid skewed sources.... Smart growth and Urban Renewal are here to stay and with the US adding between 150-200 Million over the next 50 years it will help break in the exploding population. Its not forced on towns or counties , its option , most people do welcome Smart Growth and Urban Renewal into there cities.... people are starting to get annoyed with the Agenda 21 crap once they read the original document , there also getting a laugh out of all the dumb brainwashed right wingers who beleave there sources.... The UN has very little control over the US unlike Africa or parts of Asia. Agenda 21 was targeted at Developing nations , not Developed Nations. Although I do have to wonder why parts of the south seem like there still developing , this thread gives me even more reason not to doubt that. As for people saying Agenda 21 has due to with Population control , it does not. However Generation Y and it appears that in general around the world people born into the Millennium Generation will have less kids then the Previous generations. Japan and Europe will lose between 120-190 Million people by 2070.... The UN has the World Population peaking at 9 Billion in 2050 with a drop off starting in 2080....The US will hit 1 Billion by 2100....

Last edited by DarkWolf; 04-15-2012 at 02:02 PM..

Old 04-15-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
This is becoming so funny...Agenda 21 doesn't take away anyone's right , I don't understand why people are getting mad over a 20 year document that is optional....and it says it in the document... People shouldn't live in Flood zones , that costs the tax payers everytime they flood and hurts the towns economy. It amazes me how many people don't read the originally document and get there info from these stupid skewed sources.... Smart growth and Urban Renewal are here to stay and with the US adding between 150-200 Million over the next 50 years it will help break in the exploding population. Its not forced on towns or counties , its option , most people do welcome Smart Growth and Urban Renewal into there cities.... people are starting to get annoyed with the Agenda 21 crap once they read the original document , there also getting a laugh out of all the dumb brainwashed right wingers who beleave there sources.... The UN has very little control over the US unlike Africa or parts of Asia. Agenda 21 was targeted at Developing nations , not Developed Nations. Although I do have to wonder why parts of the south seem like there still developing , this thread gives me even more reason not to doubt that. As for people saying Agenda 21 has due to with Population control , it does not. However Generation Y and it appears that in general around the world people born into the Millennium Generation will have less kids then the Previous generations. Japan and Europe will lose between 120-190 Million people by 2070.... The UN has the World Population peaking at 9 Billion in 2050 with a drop off starting in 2080....The US will hit 1 Billion by 2100....
With all due respect, it doesn't sound like you understand Agenda 21 very well and I beg to differ.

If the U.N. through these so called "green community " organizers and consultants gets the cooperation of local governments who change policy without any real input from the community, and kick people out of their homes ,they have a lot of control.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
With all due respect. It doesn't sound like you understand Agenda 21 very well.

If the U.N. has the cooperation of local governments who change policy without any real input from the community, and kick people out of their homes ,they have a lot of control.
I do work with agencies who do Smart Growth....its a piece of Paper with no weight behind it. Why would the Govt or UN want to kick ppl out of there homes? The logic behind that makes no sense , the UN wants everybody to have a roof over there head whether it be a house or apartment which is why the document was targeted at Developing countries and not the US. Alot of the Smart Growth ideas have been in place since the founding of this country. As for Urban Renewal only blighted property owners loose their properties , this is always after decades of neglect or abandonment... Ive looked at all the 2050 Smart Growth Plans and non take property that is taken care of or taxes paided....alot of the plans make towns and communities stronger by connecting neighborhoods to each other via Bikeways or Greenways or sidewalks... The UN isn't that powerful...the US on the other hand is...but seeing how this country operates it wouldn't nor has it followed or forced anything in Agenda 21 onto towns. Everything has been optional...

Old 04-15-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
I do work with agencies who do Smart Growth....its a piece of Paper with no weight behind it. Why would the Govt or UN want to kick ppl out of there homes? The logic behind that makes no sense , the UN wants everybody to have a roof over there head whether it be a house or apartment which is why the document was targeted at Developing countries and not the US. Alot of the Smart Growth ideas have been in place since the founding of this country. As for Urban Renewal only blighted property owners loose their properties , this is always after decades of neglect or abandonment... Ive looked at all the 2050 Smart Growth Plans and non take property that is taken care of or taxes paided....alot of the plans make towns and communities stronger by connecting neighborhoods to each other via Bikeways or Greenways or sidewalks... The UN isn't that powerful...the US on the other hand is...but seeing how this country operates it wouldn't nor has it followed or forced anything in Agenda 21 onto towns. Everything has been optional...
Well here is Greenville's plan produced by 300 people and all of probably about 20 citizens were involved. The rest were all government, corporate or NGOs.
http://www.greenvillecounty.org/gcpc...nsive_plan.pdf

It all sounds nice except there are no specifics as to what's done when a person has to give up their property for the collective and there is not a lot of detail of who will be paying for it. Obviously the taxpayers of Greenville paid for the report without even knowing about it and most of the 300 people involved were compensated. It was hardly done the old fashioned way with town hall meetings.

One thing that stood out in the report was the verbiage "desired population densities" for different areas. That was a bit concerning. It sounded like what are now larger lots would be divided into smaller lots.

Last edited by emilybh; 04-15-2012 at 03:06 PM..

Old 04-15-2012, 03:17 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,539,296 times
Quote:
Things you mention as part of Agenda 21 are lovely things most people want. BUT... the ends DON'T necessarily justify the means, unless you're Adolf Hitler or Joseph Stalin.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Things you mention as part of Agenda 21 are lovely things most people want. BUT... the ends DON'T necessarily justify the means, unless you're Adolf Hitler or Joseph Stalin.
But they are happening regardless of Agenda 21 , its natural growth.....your region and most of the south are growing at fast paces....outward growth is becoming unpopular.....so inward Growth is occurring. Most of Generation Y wants nothing to do with the Suburbs so were driving the inward growth... The Northeastern US is dense are you saying that was because of Agenda 21? Most of our Suburbs were built back in the 1920s and are built around the Streetcar and Railroad... Thats kinda what the New suburbs that are being built in the West Coast and Midwest are being built around. If you try to thwart the Generation Y trend you'll lose jobs and developers which will cost your state billions. its already happened in a few deep red states ,which have gone against Agenda 21.... Companies will see that as unfriendly and leave....

Old 04-15-2012, 04:54 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherOne View Post
I have been reading up on Agenda 21, which is basically a United Nations initiative under the guise of global warming to control how local communities worldwide develop to preserve the environment. This is under an organization called the ICLEI (International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives) - google these terms for more info. I notice that Greenville is listed as member city tied to the charter of this radical organization. Now I know this is not a political forum, but as a potential resident of your city, I would like to know if anyone out there has any knowledge of what effect the ICLEI agenda has had on the development in Greenville, past, present and future! I hope that I am not being naive in this, but with all that is going on in the world today, this is not beyond the realm of disbelief!

Here is link to some links : ICLEI Primer: Your Town and Freedom Threatened
I always thought that sustainable development was a good thing. That's until I realized what the TRUE agenda was. Now I am against it 100 percent. It is all well and good to care about the environment, but not if it destroys human liberty in the process.

I do not believe that it is necessary to destroy the environment for the sake of prosperity. On the other hand, we have the innate right to do, be, and have whatever we choose and what we are willing to work for. The two do not have to be mutually exclusive.

Thank you for posting this information. I hope that more people learn about it and choose to oppose the Agenda 21 platform.

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-15-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Well here is Greenville's plan produced by 300 people and all of probably about 20 citizens were involved. The rest were all government, corporate or NGOs.
http://www.greenvillecounty.org/gcpc...nsive_plan.pdf

It all sounds nice except there are no specifics as to what's done when a person has to give up their property for the collective and there is not a lot of detail of who will be paying for it. Obviously the taxpayers of Greenville paid for the report without even knowing about it and most of the 300 people involved were compensated. It was hardly done the old fashioned way with town hall meetings.

One thing that stood out in the report was the verbiage "desired population densities" for different areas. That was a bit concerning. It sounded like what are now larger lots would be divided into smaller lots.
Those reports are often done for free or a few thousand $$$ , very small $$$. They often hold Town hall meetings and take residents concerns and then there entered into the plan. There not done behind residents back and there are usually 1000s who show up to put input.... So what happens when you start loosing Generation Y and scaring away businesses ? Its happened in Kansas and Mississippi...the high paying jobs are not locating to hostile business or "idea" regions.... A person does not have to give up his property right , hes usually bought out which is common up here due to land limitations....the owner usually moves across the town.....But its not like the land is seized from you.....often these plans take decades to complete due to the fact that the plans are phased in....

Stamford Plan < Please tell where people loose there Property?
http://www.rpa.org/pdf/stamford_master_plan_web.pdf

Park Ridge Plan , still waiting...

http://www.rpa.org/pdf/RPA_ParkRidge_Report.pdf

Still waiting...

http://www.rpa.org/pdf/Connecticut_a...TOD_Report.pdf

Old 04-16-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
But they are happening regardless of Agenda 21 , its natural growth.....your region and most of the south are growing at fast paces....outward growth is becoming unpopular.....so inward Growth is occurring. Most of Generation Y wants nothing to do with the Suburbs so were driving the inward growth... The Northeastern US is dense are you saying that was because of Agenda 21? Most of our Suburbs were built back in the 1920s and are built around the Streetcar and Railroad... Thats kinda what the New suburbs that are being built in the West Coast and Midwest are being built around. If you try to thwart the Generation Y trend you'll lose jobs and developers which will cost your state billions. its already happened in a few deep red states ,which have gone against Agenda 21.... Companies will see that as unfriendly and leave....
How would YOU like it if you owned a 20 acre lot in the suburbs of Greenville on which you had a farm with expansive mountain views and were forced to give it up and accept remuneration that was a fraction of what it was really worth.... due to population density goals where the plans were to divide your lot into 160 lots? Would you happily LEAVE and take less than what it was worth for the good of "the collective" and because fancy consultants brainwashed and or paid off the local government to create regulations to get this done?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area