Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2019, 08:42 AM

140 posts, read 271,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star Rooster View Post
End of an era, indeed; that location was the site of several of our family reunions back in the day (and, I'm sure, many others). Going there and to places like Ryan's, Quincy's, Bonanza/Ponderosa, etc., as a kid, the huge burgers and steak fries were a treat for me. And at all these places, they were always served on a silver "platter" with the black plastic holder around the edges. Good times.
When I was a kid I loved to go to our Ponderosa (Indiana) because the cowboy & Indian themed murals, wagon wheel lights, etc fascinated me. Was the Ponderosa here decorated that way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2019, 01:01 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millers1987 View Post
When I was a kid I loved to go to our Ponderosa (Indiana) because the cowboy & Indian themed murals, wagon wheel lights, etc fascinated me. Was the Ponderosa here decorated that way?
I remember Western decor but I believe they modernized more in later years.

Old 07-17-2019, 05:40 PM

503 posts, read 693,001 times
Dollar Tree in Mauldin has closed. Sign on the door said please visit our other locations...

Old 07-17-2019, 06:50 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
Dollar Tree in Mauldin has closed. Sign on the door said please visit our other locations...
Something odd with that. Always busy there. Never seen one of those just close unless it's for a relo to a larger store. I wonder if Bi-Lo wanted them out of same center with a non compete clause in a lease renewal situation. Bi-Lo has been adding dollar sections to their remodeled stores.

Last edited by vistatiger; 07-17-2019 at 06:59 PM..

Old 07-17-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Something odd with that. Always busy there. Never seen one of those just close unless it's for a relo to a larger store. I wonder if Bi-Lo wanted them out of same center with a non compete clause in a lease renewal situation. Bi-Lo has been adding dollar sections to their remodeled stores.

I'm thinking they are moving it to the closed family dollar spot over on the corner. I know back at Christmas time I was in that store and they didn't have any food items and an employee told me it was due to a sewage leak under the slab of the building so maybe that is playing into it also. Ofcourse that location always seems sold out of everything so I think a larger location would be better for them.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:35 PM

That's true. That Mauldin DT store was small and doesn't fit the larger format with coolers they are doing now. The Laurens Rd store near Old Time Pottery is very small too and needs an expansion or larger store.

Old 07-18-2019, 12:10 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,524,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
That's true. That Mauldin DT store was small and doesn't fit the larger format with coolers they are doing now. The Laurens Rd store near Old Time Pottery is very small too and needs an expansion or larger store.
Dollar Tree is losing money and closing stores of both brands. I don't think the Family Dollar location will reopen as Dollar Tree. Clues that this may be true were given in the minutes of Mauldin City Council a few months ago.

Dollar Tree on Woodruff near Staples appears to be open for business as usual. That store is huge!

Old 07-18-2019, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
Dollar Tree is losing money and closing stores of both brands. I don't think the Family Dollar location will reopen as Dollar Tree. Clues that this may be true were given in the minutes of Mauldin City Council a few months ago.

Dollar Tree on Woodruff near Staples appears to be open for business as usual. That store is huge!

While that could be true. I still find it hard to believe that they are closed for good and gone from Mauldin, there is a void then left in that category with them gone. I think they are looking another location somewhere or like I said will open up in the old FD location.

Old 07-18-2019, 01:44 AM

The Dollar Tree banner isn't exactly closing stores. They are adding about 350 new ones according to this article. They are closing up to 600 Family Dollar Stores and converting some to Dollar Tree. It appears Family Dollar has become the drag on their business since they acquired them. I agree. I think DT could possibly have a future larger store in mind for Mauldin also.

https://fortune.com/2019/03/06/dolla...mily-dollar-3/

Last edited by vistatiger; 07-18-2019 at 02:30 AM..

Old 07-18-2019, 07:50 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
Golden Chick in Easley (by Walmart) has CLOSED. I drove by the other day and there was a large crane there (thought they were doing a new sign) so today I drove by and ALL the signs were gone. I drove by and asked this lady that was on the property and she said it was permanently closed and they had done so on Sunday.

When this first opened, I had bad service 3 times, and stopped going. Gave them another chance and started going once a week. I never saw more than one car in the parking lot. I think bad location as it's hard to see it when you drive in...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area