Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2019, 05:14 PM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
Riff Raff? My wife and I ate at the Waffle House after church this past Sunday. Folks there were rich and poor, and everyone was smiling. Good food. Good service. Good people. My kind of place.
You have to go several posts back. I think G was posting above of the Sav a lot next door having riff raff.

Waffle House is good food but not exactly cheap.

Last edited by vistatiger; 05-27-2019 at 05:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2019, 07:20 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,396,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
You have to go several posts back. I think G was posting above of the Sav a lot next door having riff raff.

What do you consider cheap? I can't think of a sit down restaurant we frequent that costs less. 2 eggs, hash browns, toast, bacon and a waffle is like $7.

Old 05-28-2019, 07:34 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
Quote:

Correct.

Old 05-28-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
What do you consider cheap? I can't think of a sit down restaurant we frequent that costs less. 2 eggs, hash browns, toast, bacon and a waffle is like $7.
Plus drink + tip? It can get pricey for breakfast going out. I guess I don't like to spend that much on breakfast but that's me. Especially something you can make quickly at home so cheaply. (whole dozen eggs not that much)

Old 06-14-2019, 02:12 PM

428 posts, read 362,620 times
Handi on Main street caught fire yesterday. Had to close the streets off to battle the fire. Not sure of the extent of the damage. Wonder what's the fate of the restaurant?

Old 06-14-2019, 03:22 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzy_army View Post
Handi on Main street caught fire yesterday. Had to close the streets off to battle the fire. Not sure of the extent of the damage. Wonder what's the fate of the restaurant?

So many factors to consider. First, the amount of damage, second the ownership of the building. From what I can see here, it looks like ownership is "18 N Main St, LLC" and has been since 2001. So, the space was leased. Which means the insurance payout for repairs goes through them..

Based on the response, the fire seems significant. Just to give an idea.. Down in Clinton, Dempsey's Pizza had a fairly small fire in August, 2016.. They own the building, and it took them 4 months to reopen. However, they fixed alot of things unrelated to the fire that just.. Needed to be done.

I'd say that's likely the low end here. Probably more apt to go longer.

From what I can find.. The fire started in the kitchen, sprinklers deployed, fire STILL penetrated the roof.. Sounds electrical in origin, possibly around a hood area which.. If those things don't get cleaned can accumulate alot of grease, which could have been fuel..

I think reopening this year, assuming they don't find another space or get tossed out (If you rented your house to people who burned it down, would you re-rent to them after rebuilding?) would be an aggressive plan. Possible, but would need everything to go right.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:04 PM

128 posts, read 100,700 times
Set up an account just to post this...

Family Dollar in Mauldin is closing. There were signs in the windows announcing it. Don't know what could or will be replacing it.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberclaw View Post

Family Dollar in Mauldin is closing. There were signs in the windows announcing it. Don't know what could or will be replacing it.
They are remodeling some of them to Dollar Tree since they acquired Family Dollar. Not sure if that's the case with that location. Would make sense. The current Dollar Tree in Mauldin next to Bi-Lo is small and not very visible.

Old 06-15-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberclaw View Post

Quote:
They are remodeling some of them to Dollar Tree since they acquired Family Dollar. Not sure if that's the case with that location. Would make sense. The current Dollar Tree in Mauldin next to Bi-Lo is small and not very visible.
If it's not that an opportunity for Mauldin to do something nice like the old Tropical Grille buiding next door that was redone. I thought they planned that area to have a downtown look and feel to it a few years ago.

Old 06-15-2019, 09:41 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
I read that the Dollar Tree stores (and the FD's they aquired) will be raising the prices of items to over $1. Whereas DT always had everything at $1 dollar (or below).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area