Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2019, 09:40 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
When did this place open??? Must have missed info if it had been posted.
About 8 months ago. It's right on Main Street in the building that was the Persian restaurant and Mimi's Japanese Steakhouse before that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2019, 09:43 AM

453 posts, read 646,687 times
Did Zamorah’s in Simpsonville close? I couldn’t read the note on the door as I drove by, but the ‘hours’ board is down along with the rest of their usual signage, and half the name and phone number have been scraped off the window.

Old 04-26-2019, 10:56 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
Did Zamorah’s in Simpsonville close? I couldn’t read the note on the door as I drove by, but the ‘hours’ board is down along with the rest of their usual signage, and half the name and phone number have been scraped off the window.
I think you pretty much just answered your own question. Lol.

Old 04-26-2019, 10:58 AM

453 posts, read 646,687 times
I didn’t know if they’re remodeling or something.

Old 04-26-2019, 04:23 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,049,508 times
Quote:
Good food. Great people that ran Zamorah’s With what’s happening on the other corner in the Burdette building it may have become too expensive. They never appeared to do a high volume. It won’t be vacant long. I’m hoping the empty bank building next door to Zamorah’s will continue as a commercial enterprise. The First Baptist folks have taken enough property off the tax rolls.

Old 04-26-2019, 04:35 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,049,508 times
Quote:
I didn’t know if they’re remodeling or something.
Could be. There is a unit that at one time was residential above it. It’s appeared to be vacant for a while. I never got around to asking Wade the owner about his plans for that space. I like his “speakeasy’ type place in the cellar on Curtis street. I imagine he’s been busy. I think the art foundation was the beneficiary of a windfall from the mega millions winner. I could be wrong.

Old 04-26-2019, 04:47 PM

503 posts, read 693,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I wonder too about that Golden Chick in Easley. It usually sits empty and I wonder how long it will survive?

That Kolache place in Powdersville to me is a little strange. I have been there twice. The service is hit or miss. One day a friendly female associate and the next time, a guy that looks like he is spaced out on something....The Kolache's pastry.....meh...I can live without them.

Yeah the issue I have with Kolache is they are never open when Im driving by them. It would be something I would probably do as an afternoon snack and they close at like 2pm or something like that. Your also right about that guy, did what it is but he seems off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
How far are you from the Easley store? They have those delicious rolls!

I work all over the upstate so Im out that way a bunch....it was just disappointing to be out by the Pelham road store and them be gone when I was just in there the week before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckee16 View Post
I hope the Easley store makes it.I've been in a couple of time, and the staff looked surprised.

I'm afraid that there are franchisers out there who take the money and leave the owner twisting in the wind.I hope that's not the case here.

What about the kolache place in powdersville.That just seems a little weird for our market.

Yeah to me they have picked terrible locations for all their stores, the one in Easley you cant see from the road and the one they closed on Pleasentburg by GVL TECH was just a horrible place for them....The need to be in a place like mall or something and get established and make place for themselves. My wife didnt like it the first time we went but then we went again and she loved it. I just hope they don't disappear forever.

Old 04-26-2019, 08:50 PM

17,579 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
Yeah to me they have picked terrible locations for all their stores, the one in Easley you cant see from the road and the one they closed on Pleasentburg by GVL TECH was just a horrible place for them....The need to be in a place like mall or something and get established and make place for themselves. My wife didnt like it the first time we went but then we went again and she loved it. I just hope they don't disappear forever.

I think we all said that Pleasantburg location was horrible from the start. Not only the fact of where it was, but how close to the existing location it was.

The other end of Pelham, Cherrydale, even Woodruff Rd would have been better.. and saying anything would have been better on Woodruff Rd is like praising the anti-Christ.

I haven't found any franchise info on Golden Chick, but.. I will say that I've watched their store counts.. And it seems to hold pretty consistently in the 170 to 200 store range. They've opened 12 in the past year, which has been a slow year for them, and I guarantee 12 have closed in the past year.

They've had locations in Manning and Columbia close as well, and of course the Greenwood location we've discussed before.

Not only here, but locations in Texas have been closing.

This feels a little like another chain that I've had some dealings with.. Boneheads Grill. They came up with the concept and told franchisee's how they'd help them and all kinds of things.. And I know of about 14 of them that opened, several in Atlanta of which the Perimeter made the longest go at it.. There's 1 left down in Pensacola. They opened in weird places. Bentonville, AR.. Somewhere in Mississippi.. Oxford, I believe it was. They brought people with no restaurant experience in as franchisees.. Always a bad idea.

Don't know that Golden Chick is doing the same, but.. There's enough smoke to wonder if there's some fire there.

Old 04-29-2019, 10:42 AM

285 posts, read 457,248 times
Chon Thai in Greer is closing.

Old 04-29-2019, 10:50 AM

428 posts, read 362,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreddy View Post
Chon Thai in Greer is closing.
A long time ago there was a fantastic Thai place next to the movie theater in Easley. Then they dumbed it down for the local yokels and it went out of business. That was a shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area