Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2019, 04:45 PM

17,576 posts, read 15,247,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I'm not sure how recently, but I just noticed the big Crossway Christian Store has closed on East North St. near Pleasantburg Drive.
It was a very good locally owned Christian store, and they also at one time had a location on Woodruff Rd.

If I'm not mistaken, someone posted here a few months ago that all of them were closing and they were going to online sales only.

and.. I'm with you on that Pelham location for a Popeyes.. Only issue is.. It might not be big enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2019, 03:53 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
There is one in Easley but I've never given it a try. The menu looks like a basic fried chicken place. Seems like we already have plenty of options in that segment. They would need to really stand out a lot to differentiate and be successful.
Sad to see the Pelham located closed. There were never very many customers in there. The food was good. The Easley store, same story. Hardly anyone there and I wonder how long they will hang on. The Easley store was so disorganized when they first opened, it took me 14 minutes to get chicken because someone in the drive thru had a large order.

Old 04-23-2019, 07:05 AM

272 posts, read 328,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I'm not sure how recently, but I just noticed the big Crossway Christian Store has closed on East North St. near Pleasantburg Drive.
It was a very good locally owned Christian store, and they also at one time had a location on Woodruff Rd.
They closed in early 2017 :-)

Old 04-23-2019, 07:17 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Golden Chick just didn't catch on here. It was good. Too many Chick-fil-a's and Bojangles's and lots of supermarkets like Publix that sell good FC. Hard to break the habits of people going some where they are familiar with and trying something new.

Old 04-23-2019, 07:53 AM

272 posts, read 328,991 times
Wingstop in Taylors/Greer (in front of Target shopping center) is closing

Old 04-23-2019, 11:26 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2007 View Post
Wingstop in Taylors/Greer (in front of Target shopping center) is closing
Already???? Wow, that didn't take long. Every time I went in there they seemed pretty busy. Rent must've been through the roof.

Old 04-23-2019, 03:23 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
All of these dang chicken places are closing. Lol.

Old 04-23-2019, 04:03 PM

17,576 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
All of these dang chicken places are closing. Lol.

Chicken joints have always been a dime a dozen.. The issue, in my book, is the prices for chicken now. 8 Piece bucket with sides at KFC is over $20 now. 5 tenders at Zaxby's is pushing $10. Some have said that the proliferation of the popularity of wings is to blame for the price increases.

Does anyone remember back in the late 70's an explosion of "Honey Chicken" restaurants? I was reading up on them the other day.. I had never heard of it.. Apparently somewhere down around Columbia is the last "Yogi Bear's Honey Chicken" restaurant in the US.. Another place i'd never heard of.

Of course, there was the Minnie Pearl's chicken fiasco..

Old 04-23-2019, 05:07 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Golden Chick just didn't catch on here. It was good. Too many Chick-fil-a's and Bojangles's and lots of supermarkets like Publix that sell good FC. Hard to break the habits of people going some where they are familiar with and trying something new.
So many good chicken places, my two favs are KFC and Publix. I wonder how many people thought "Golden Chick" was a Chinese restaurant? When I first saw one, I thought that's what it was.... and it took me a little bit to go in there...

Old 04-23-2019, 05:07 PM

428 posts, read 362,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Chicken joints have always been a dime a dozen.. The issue, in my book, is the prices for chicken now. 8 Piece bucket with sides at KFC is over $20 now. 5 tenders at Zaxby's is pushing $10. Some have said that the proliferation of the popularity of wings is to blame for the price increases.

Does anyone remember back in the late 70's an explosion of "Honey Chicken" restaurants? I was reading up on them the other day.. I had never heard of it.. Apparently somewhere down around Columbia is the last "Yogi Bear's Honey Chicken" restaurant in the US.. Another place i'd never heard of.

Of course, there was the Minnie Pearl's chicken fiasco..
I watched a youtube video on the Minnie Pearl debacle. Never heard of the honey chicken thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area