Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2020, 11:52 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,016,803 times

Advertisements

Last time I went to IHOP on a weekday it was pricey with drink and tip for breakfast. Took way too much time also for a weekday morning. Just decided to stick with the Hotcakes from McDonald's whenever I get a craving for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2020, 03:10 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,358,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Last time I went to IHOP on a weekday it was pricey with drink and tip for breakfast. Took way too much time also for a weekday morning. Just decided to stick with the Hotcakes from McDonald's whenever I get a craving for them.
I miss the Shoney's breakfast bar. Why can't they bring back a Shoney's or better yet a real Big Boy restaurant? I still remember the great heyday of all the national Big Boy franchises in the 70's, 80's, and 90's. A popular classic American diner with the famous Big Boy burger, with franchises varying by region. Shoney's, Frisch's, Elby's, Elias, and Bob's Big Boy. Wish they would make a comeback other than the Big Boys remaining in Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, and a few in California. And some Shoney's still around with scattered locations in the Southeast.

Old 06-22-2020, 04:17 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,759,040 times
Pennys store at Anderson Mall no longer on the scheduled to close list. https://companyblog.jcpnewsroom.com/...#closingstores

Old 06-22-2020, 07:21 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times
Old Wendy’s at Cherrydale becoming a bank apparently.

Old 06-22-2020, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
Pennys store at Anderson Mall no longer on the scheduled to close list. https://companyblog.jcpnewsroom.com/...#closingstores
Yep. It's on hold pending further review. More closings are on the way so it may not be out of the woods.

https://www.postandcourier.com/busin...56e38ea56.html

Old 06-23-2020, 12:15 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,245,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
IHOP Simpsonville and Greenwood are.. Questionable.

Owner says they will reopen, but.. They haven't reopened. Grass hasn't been cut in Greenwood..
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
A certain franchisee filed bankruptcy. Doesn't mention Simpsonville in this article.

https://www.wltx.com/article/money/b...2-69354df43a70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I don't disagree, entirely.. But.. It was a nice break from Waffle House, which you could generally say the exact same things about and I just can't go to Woodruff Rd.

The place was never busy any time I went, so, I kinda wondered how long it would last before all this crap started.

Anyway.. it's closed.. Google has it marked as permanently closed.
IHOP's Simpsonville location is not closed permanently. It remains listed on IHOP's website and as closed until further notice. Google's information has been increasingly wrong lately.

IHOP's Greer location remains closed temporarily while both Greenville locations are open.

Old 06-23-2020, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
IHOP's Simpsonville location is not closed permanently. It remains listed on IHOP's website and as closed until further notice. Google's information has been increasingly wrong lately.

IHOP's Greer location remains closed temporarily while both Greenville locations are open.
So what you’re saying is Coronavirus wouldn’t dare make a visit to the Greenville locations but it’s game on for the Greer and Simpsonville ones?

Old 06-23-2020, 03:59 PM

17,579 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post

Yeah.. Their Greenwood location is still listed on the website and the operator has declared bankruptcy and closed the locations.

So..

Maybe it will reopen.. I figure by this time, they'd have to restaff the place. Though, maybe all the folks are just collecting the extra unemployment..

Old 06-25-2020, 01:30 PM

Appears Olympian Grill on Duncan Chapel behind Furman is closed for good. Google says temporary but they have taken the sign off front side of the building. They had a drive thru available.

Found it on Facebook. They did in March. Darn it was very good. Looks like Five Forks is still open.

Last edited by vistatiger; 06-25-2020 at 01:41 PM..

Old 06-25-2020, 05:00 PM

GNC closing two Greenville locations and one in Anderson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area