Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2012, 05:53 PM

341 posts, read 761,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
This is in response to ct36 above
the Johnson City, TN Abercrombie & Fitch store is closing:
(from the Kingsport-Johnson City-Bristol sub-forum)
Abercrombie & Fitch is Closing
I have not been able to find a reliable, nationwide list of Abercrombie & Fitch store closings
The Asheville store is staying open.
A&F doesn't make store closing lists. The Asheville store is definitely staying open. Abercrombie & Fitch is still really, really popular. Just not in this area. Nonetheless, the Greenville A&F at Haywood still should have stayed open. The only other stores in this region that may close are Triangle in Raleigh, Gwinnett Place near Atlanta, and Carolina Place near Charlotte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 12:20 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,649,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct36 View Post
The Asheville store is staying open.
A&F doesn't make store closing lists. The Asheville store is definitely staying open. Abercrombie & Fitch is still really, really popular. Just not in this area. Nonetheless, the Greenville A&F at Haywood still should have stayed open. The only other stores in this region that may close are Triangle in Raleigh, Gwinnett Place near Atlanta, and Carolina Place near Charlotte.
I wonder why A&F clothes are so popular in Asheville. That is one city where I would expect them not to be as popular as other cities.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:58 PM

341 posts, read 761,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
I wonder why A&F clothes are so popular in Asheville. That is one city where I would expect them not to be as popular as other cities.
TBH It seems like it's more popular than Greenville. It does make sense that it is staying open. Asheville is in the middle of the 3, and since the other one was closing I guess they want to have one in the middle. Too bad they'll find that people will probably go to Mall of Georgia or SouthPark instead rather than Asheville. I guess if you're in the area though it makes sense to go up to that one. Plus, I've been to all three and Haywood and Johnson City seem to just be the same as always and Asheville seems to be doing a lot better. Seeing as how it's in the middle it makes sense why they kept it open. I still think Haywood should've stayed open, though.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:05 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,576,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
I, too, thought hippies made their own clothes. JK.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:40 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Food Lion is closing over 100 stores. Read the closing lists and looks like the one on Pleasantburg and the one on South Highway 14 in Greer is biting the dust. Also, Reidville Road and Cedar Springs Rd in Spartanburg is on the closing list.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
While this seems true...the Haywood Rd. Wendy's did move. Maybe this one is moving for better access. It's really hard to get in and out of this one.
Huh? Where did Haywood Rd Wendys move to? Haven't seen one on Haywood since the location next to arbys closed.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:57 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Food Lion is closing over 100 stores. Read the closing lists and looks like the one on Pleasantburg and the one on South Highway 14 in Greer is biting the dust. Also, Reidville Road and Cedar Springs Rd in Spartanburg is on the closing list.
Looks like Bloom which used to be located here is going fully away too: Food Lion to Cut 5,000 Jobs in U.S., Europe - Bloomberg ALL Food Lions in Florida to close also. Ouch.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct36 View Post
TBH It seems like it's more popular than Greenville. It does make sense that it is staying open. Asheville is in the middle of the 3, and since the other one was closing I guess they want to have one in the middle. Too bad they'll find that people will probably go to Mall of Georgia or SouthPark instead rather than Asheville. I guess if you're in the area though it makes sense to go up to that one. Plus, I've been to all three and Haywood and Johnson City seem to just be the same as always and Asheville seems to be doing a lot better. Seeing as how it's in the middle it makes sense why they kept it open. I still think Haywood should've stayed open, though.

I don't think it has anything to do with popularity but has more to do with when leases are up or how quickly they can find someone to take over the lease. The Asheville stores lease may not be in play yet. I think in the end you will only see abercrombie stores in large cities like Charlotte and Atlanta.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:09 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I don't think it has anything to do with popularity but has more to do with when leases are up or how quickly they can find someone to take over the lease. The Asheville stores lease may not be in play yet. I think in the end you will only see abercrombie stores in large cities like Charlotte and Atlanta.
Yep...Abercrombie is closing all of their smaller market stores once the lease comes up. I expect Asheville's store to close once their lease is up also.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Looks like Bloom which used to be located here is going fully away too: Food Lion to Cut 5,000 Jobs in U.S., Europe - Bloomberg ALL Food Lions in Florida to close also. Ouch.

I saw that too. Looks like Delhaize is practically pulling out of Florida and S Georgia all together. Could they have their sight set on acquiring the new BILO/WinnDixie combo from LoneStar?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area