Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2015, 10:45 PM

17,599 posts, read 15,272,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
Looks to be closed for good now. As far as I can tell, they hadn't been open since September or maybe very early October, but all the signage has just been taken down.
I don't know that I've seen it open since August.. I go by there around 7:30 to 8pm and haven't seen it open that i'd notice.. But, I figured during the winter they had short hours or something.

these fro-yo places are going to be interesting to see when the EMV switch happens. That's still at least 2 years down the road.. I think all CCs will have both mag stripe and chip until 2017.. But, most of them, their POS system is an iPad with a mag stripe reader..

I am surprised.. That location seems like it would be perfect for an ice cream/frozen dessert place.. But, there've been several to give it a go and not make it. Cold Stone Creamery, I think.. Blueberry Frog (Which, I suppose was the same owners as Polar Express).. And.. That Baskin Robbins up the road just keeps on chugging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 08:04 AM

321 posts, read 407,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
these fro-yo places are going to be interesting to see when the EMV switch happens. That's still at least 2 years down the road.. I think all CCs will have both mag stripe and chip until 2017.. But, most of them, their POS system is an iPad with a mag stripe reader..
Square already plans to offer a replacement card reader that has both mag stripe and EMV (chip cards) for around $29. Works with Apple and Android

https://squareup.com/shop/reader

Old 05-18-2015, 04:37 PM

145 posts, read 174,794 times
Mojo's on woodruff is closed for good

Old 05-18-2015, 05:30 PM

453 posts, read 647,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easymacbb View Post
That was the last of the locations still open (after Cherrydale and Simpsonville closed), right? So I guess Mojo's is gone for good? I never had a bad experience there, but reviews on Yelp are all over the place.

Old 05-19-2015, 06:21 AM

285 posts, read 457,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easymacbb View Post
Being replaced by a deli

Old 05-21-2015, 11:16 AM

Bo Daddy's Smokehouse downtown is closed. Seems like it happened back in February, but I just noticed today.

Last edited by Adam Tyner; 05-21-2015 at 11:58 AM..

Old 05-22-2015, 06:36 AM

690 posts, read 1,147,128 times
Quote:
Bo Daddy's Smokehouse downtown is closed. Seems like it happened back in February, but I just noticed today.
Correct. They've been shutdown for a while. We always gave them fairly decent business and their BBQ wasn't bad either. The problem as with all restaurants in that little area is location. Off the beaten path and not a lot of visible signage.

I'm still hoping to see a good BBQ joint downtown (besides Smoke on the Water).

Old 05-22-2015, 09:12 AM

I loved, loved, loved Bo Daddy's when they first opened. I haven't been there since one of the owners left, though. My wife's been there more than I have, and she said that the quality fell off a cliff after that.

Old 05-22-2015, 02:11 PM

690 posts, read 1,147,128 times
Quote:
I loved, loved, loved Bo Daddy's when they first opened. I haven't been there since one of the owners left, though. My wife's been there more than I have, and she said that the quality fell off a cliff after that.
Wasn't it run by a husband/wife team? Whenever I went there the guy was doing the smoking and the wife (I thought was the wife) was serving and handling other duties.

A loss for sure though.

Old 05-22-2015, 02:57 PM

I don't think they were married. They had different last names, at least. Jen Allen -- who co-owned the place -- moved to North Carolina last September, and she's opening a donut shop in Wilmington. (This isn't from stalking! She added me and my wife as friends on Facebook after our first visit.)

Last edited by Adam Tyner; 05-22-2015 at 03:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area