Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2015, 04:23 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times

Advertisements

Constantly shorthanded to serve customers is a reason a business closes its doors. Customers are not going to wait to be served. They will go elsewhere to be waited on quickly.

I hate to see Kentucky Fried Chicken learn the worst way possible by closing a location.

Last edited by Carolina Knight; 02-20-2015 at 05:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 07:26 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,216,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I noticed Kentucky Fried Chicken at 2900 Wade Hampton Boulevard, Taylors, South Carolina 29687-2714 has closed. All signage and decorations have been removed.
Doesn't surprise me. The last time I went there a very full 35 minutes before they close and they told me they were out of chicken. When I acted surprised, she said it would take 20 minutes to make more. I told her I would wait, as I had nothing better to do and this was the 3rd fast food place in 2 weeks around here to tell me they were "out of food." They were trying to clean up and run out the door the second the clock hit closing hour.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:54 PM

503 posts, read 693,001 times
KFCs biggest problem at all their locations that I have been too (Ive been to alot over my wifes 2 pregnancy's) is they are slow as everything and the food is cold by the time you get it. I mean seriously it takes me atleast 10-15 minutes at the window every time if not more. They are also almost always out of something whether it be food, dipping sauces, or drink type (seriously who runs out of pepsi syrup) . If they can fix those issues they can be a valued company again.

Old 02-21-2015, 04:19 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Default Kentucky Fried Chicken, 2900 Wade Hampton Boulevard, Taylors, South Carolina 29687-2714

I only dined at this location for the buffet. It should not take several minutes just to get another plate. Whoever was to be overseeing the buffet must have been away without notice. The selection of food was limited, likely taking very long to cook.

Old 02-21-2015, 10:15 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
Doesn't surprise me. The last time I went there a very full 35 minutes before they close and they told me they were out of chicken. When I acted surprised, she said it would take 20 minutes to make more. I told her I would wait, as I had nothing better to do and this was the 3rd fast food place in 2 weeks around here to tell me they were "out of food." They were trying to clean up and run out the door the second the clock hit closing hour.
I don't blame them in a way. They are low paid , probably told they don't get a dimes worth of pay over their scheduled time and doubt if they get anymore than part time hours to avoid company providing benefits.

Old 02-22-2015, 02:38 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Sadly there has been a decline in quality control at many KFC locations, especially the dual branded stores. I love a good KFC if you can still find one. But their prices are a bit high, and the chicken pieces are now cut in smaller portions. I think Yum! brands needs a KFC overhaul. These days I prefer Bojangle's or Golden Chick, and the fried chicken at Publix is very good. Although I would still like to see a Popeyes, and I would think they would try to locate in the Upstate since they are in most neighboring markets, including Charlotte, Rock Hill, Gastonia, Columbia, and Atlanta.

Old 02-27-2015, 12:24 PM

690 posts, read 1,146,383 times
Travinia Italian Kitchen is closing this weekend (just the Greenville location).

ASADA is closing down in Village of West Greenville tomorrow and opening back up on WHB (former location of Haus Edelweiss).

Old 03-06-2015, 11:47 AM

453 posts, read 646,687 times
I'm not sure if this is most relevant for "new" or "recently closed", so I'm posting it in both:

For a few years, the Mutt's BBQ in Mauldin had rebranded as Smitty's Country Cooking and Catering. Now it's back to being a Mutt's. I believe this changed in just the past couple of weeks. Not sure if it's the same owners (the folks who originally ran it as Mutt's also ran it as Smitty's) or what.

Old 03-06-2015, 07:21 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,524,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
I'm not sure if this is most relevant for "new" or "recently closed", so I'm posting it in both:

For a few years, the Mutt's BBQ in Mauldin had rebranded as Smitty's Country Cooking and Catering. Now it's back to being a Mutt's. I believe this changed in just the past couple of weeks. Not sure if it's the same owners (the folks who originally ran it as Mutt's also ran it as Smitty's) or what.
Rebranded? I don't recall noticing a new sign out there this afternoon? We tried to go there last Saturday night. They were closed.

When they changed to Smitty's they said people were confused with the multiple locations. Didn't confuse me.

Old 03-06-2015, 07:40 PM

461 posts, read 985,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
Rebranded? I don't recall noticing a new sign out there this afternoon? We tried to go there last Saturday night. They were closed.

When they changed to Smitty's they said people were confused with the multiple locations. Didn't confuse me.
It was changed when I went by earlier this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area