Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2019, 10:52 AM

17,579 posts, read 15,247,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
This announced several weeks ago? My mother in law had been stopping at the one in Clinton for sevral weeks getting deals.

I actually looked that up yesterday trying to figure out when it closed.. GoLaurens had something a few months ago that said it would be closed by the end of May

Fred's closing in Clinton by end of May | GoClinton.com | golaurens.com

Perhaps they extended the sale.. Maybe that store was doing so good with the closeout they sent inventory from it and kept it open longer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2019, 11:02 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,291,914 times
I don't know if it will make getting into and out of the parking lots for Magnolia Park easier. I do know that it will make going to and from that Target a lot easier for those of us that live north and west of the Woodruff Road corridor. I still don't think I'll go over there very often. It's just a few minutes longer for us to go to Anderson but it is quite a bit easier to get around the traffic in Anderson so we rarely go to Woodruff Road.

Old 09-19-2019, 01:48 PM

26 posts, read 31,759 times
Rode by Hardee's on Garner Road in Spartanburg this morning and was shocked to see that it was closed. I turned 55 last month and can fondly remember begging to go there as a child because they had an awesome playground behind the store.

It isn't looking good for the future of what once was a great franchise.

Old 09-19-2019, 02:24 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,877,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I actually looked that up yesterday trying to figure out when it closed.. GoLaurens had something a few months ago that said it would be closed by the end of May

Fred's closing in Clinton by end of May | GoClinton.com | golaurens.com

Perhaps they extended the sale.. Maybe that store was doing so good with the closeout they sent inventory from it and kept it open longer?
They went into the first couple of weeks of June.

Old 09-19-2019, 03:43 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,211,675 times
Hardee’s rocked from the 60’s through the 80’s.Today it is a shadow of its former self.Stick a fork in it.

Old 09-19-2019, 07:21 PM

26 posts, read 30,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckee16 View Post
Hardee’s rocked from the 60’s through the 80’s.Today it is a shadow of its former self.Stick a fork in it.
Not to be a prude, but the awful commercials with Paris Hilton and various other scantly clad models and the horrific sounds the food made as it fell through the screen really turned me off.

In the 90s it was the go to for chicken in my family, as well as gravy biscuits. Now I could not tell you the last time I entered the parking lot.

Old 09-19-2019, 08:24 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorsguy View Post
Not to be a prude, but the awful commercials with Paris Hilton and various other scantly clad models and the horrific sounds the food made as it fell through the screen really turned me off.

In the 90s it was the go to for chicken in my family, as well as gravy biscuits. Now I could not tell you the last time I entered the parking lot.
The have discontinued the suggestive style ads inherited from Carl's Jr. and are returning to more wholesome adds more appropriate for conservative markets in the Southeast and Midwest. But apparently the Roy Rogers fried chicken is not returning, since they are now separate companies. But I have heard the chicken tenders are good.

Old 09-19-2019, 08:31 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckee16 View Post
In recent years, new owner CKE has improved the food quality, and the breakfast remains strong. They are currently closing locations with expired leases and underperforming locations. They still have strong locations, especially in the Southeast where they attract a strong breakfast crowd, as well as senior citizens. CKE has realized that the Hardee's customer is not the same as a Carl's Jr. customer, and they have now separated their marketing and branding strategies.

Old 09-20-2019, 05:09 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times
We need more restaurants and retailers to close. There are too many of them.

Old 09-20-2019, 05:28 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,877,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
We need more restaurants and retailers to close. There are too many of them.
And places like Top Golf need to go too. It takes up too much space for mattress stores, mini storage and dentist offices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area