Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2015, 11:21 AM

19 posts, read 28,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
A fair gambit. If you're going down the crapper.. You have to do something to shake things up. Also, remember.. That was the only Backyard Burgers that lasted here.. They built one in Simpsonville that was gone within a year I think.. Stayed vacant for a good while before Zaxby's took it over. Wasn't there another one way on up Wade Hampton as well?

There was a Subway in Woodruff that apparently got sick of the $5 footlong game and broke away from Subway and became 5 Star Subs, I think.. It lasted another year or two..

I'm concerned, a bit, that the Golden Chick 'event' this week was such a gambit. But.. It's also under new ownership, I understand, and that generally means that corporate opened the locations to get a toehold in the area and then sold them to a franchisee. So, I doubt that it was totally due to bad business (Which I think they did have at least something of a problem with) but moreso to introduce themselves to the community.

My understanding is that they had cars backed up out onto Pleasantburg the day they did that sale. And, i'm pretty sure that anyone who decided to get one of their yeast rolls is now addicted and will be back.. Even if it's JUST for the yeast rolls. Those things are laced with crack, I think.
The line at the Pelham Golden Chick was controlled by police and took me about 40 mins to get through the drive-thru and yes those yeast rolls are like crack. I have to buy extra every time I go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Carolina Knight;41410278[/b]]Long John Silver's/A&W #8188 closing would be a surprise.[/b][/b] It is constantly busy during the day. This is one of three Long John Silver's/A&W locations remaining in Greenville County.

I ate here last week. The food was delicious and the price was reasonable. Having a seafood quick service restaurant is a good option.

If Captain D's is looking to re-enter Greenville County, Long John Silver's should be looking at options to grow with additional locations also.
Noticed this afternoon that a captain D's is opening up out in Spartanburg on w o ezell hwy, so looks like they are coming back into the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 11:40 AM

39 posts, read 73,137 times
Office Max Greenridge Shopping Center set to Close

Old 10-05-2015, 01:54 PM

826 posts, read 1,127,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lswrld69 View Post
Office Max Greenridge Shopping Center set to Close

Not surprising with the merger between them and Office Depot. I thought they might keep that location and rebrand it to Office Depot and close the Laurens Rd location.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:25 AM

293 posts, read 345,143 times
Drove past Angelo's Greek & Italian Cuisine on Woodruff Rd and noticed that its closed. That didn't last very long!

Old 10-23-2015, 06:34 AM

13 posts, read 13,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan In SC View Post
Drove past Angelo's Greek & Italian Cuisine on Woodruff Rd and noticed that its closed. That didn't last very long!
Man...I didn't even get a chance to try it out. My wife and I saw the happy hour sign recently and said we'd check it out soon. Guess not.

Old 10-23-2015, 06:36 AM

896 posts, read 1,141,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar9 View Post
Man...I didn't even get a chance to try it out. My wife and I saw the happy hour sign recently and said we'd check it out soon. Guess not.
Same here! They advertised great happy hour specials.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:25 PM

453 posts, read 647,712 times
P. Simpsons Hometown Grille in Simpsonville shut its doors. Looks like their last evening open was on October 2nd.

Old 10-24-2015, 10:58 AM

1,002 posts, read 1,050,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
P. Simpsons Hometown Grille in Simpsonville shut its doors. Looks like their last evening open was on October 2nd.
P Simpsons lasted about 2 years longer than I through it might. The food, at times, hit the mark. Other times, not so much. The location, in my opinion, has inherent challenges.

Old 10-24-2015, 07:10 PM

723 posts, read 1,150,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan In SC View Post
I am indeed sorry, as I had hoped for better, but I didn't have high expectations.

Old 10-26-2015, 01:18 PM

557 posts, read 865,536 times
Mimi Choi, general manager, said the community’s support and customer base was solid. “It was the employees – nobody wants to work anymore,” Mimi, general manager, as she is known, said. “They don’t have any respect to the customers, I retrain so many and for the past six months more employees have lied to me, cheated me, and stole from me.” - See more at: http://greertoday.com/greer-sc/mimis-closes-permanently-greer-restaurant/2015/10/26/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area