Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2013, 07:56 AM

6 posts, read 18,999 times

Advertisements

Couple of updates - Our construction manager was either fired or quit and nonetheless the new construction manager has started to get things done and we have a closing date (eight months later). The new construction manager readily admitted that he had to go back and fix a lot of issues and that our house was rather messed up but he was committed to bringing it up to 'Legendary quality'. I'm pleased with the progress of the new guy.

Advice for those that are considering Legendary:
1. Make sure that you understand what is standard and what is an upgrade. When you walk through the model homes most of what you are seeing (fixtures, wood floors, etc.) are upgrades and not necessarily standard.

2. Put a clause in your contract that states Legendary will pay a daily fee for every day that the build goes over the specified time frame. They will say they don't do it, but they do. (I put it in my contract, Thank God.)

3. Once the build begins visit the site daily (yes, daily) and follow up with your construction manager on any deficiencies or inadequacies you observe. If you are not the handy type, hire someone to do this for you on a regular basis, it will pay off in the end. Be your own advocate and quality manager don't expect Legendary to do this for you.

Overall, I think I will be pleased with the final product, the house will be very nice when we finally get to move in. However, the process to get to that point has been very painful to say the least. Would I do it again? The jury is still out on that one.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:03 AM

1 posts, read 2,858 times
We are considering buying in Briarcrest, we fell in love with their homes and were hoping that my 11yr old daughter would make friends quickly since it seems to be a small community. We are coming from Long Island and really are trying to do our homework. it just seems like so much information to take in. I'm so happy to find this site. Are there any
families with middle schoolers on this site?

Old 07-29-2013, 09:30 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,294,697 times
Why would anyone still want to buy from this builder after reading this thread? I don't think there is a single satisfied buyer in this thread. At best, a couple of folks were okay with the transaction but only after a lot of effort to have problems fixed. Why not buy a home from a builder with a better reputation?

Old 07-30-2013, 03:54 AM

684 posts, read 1,186,866 times
Because their neighborhoods "look nice" - better than most builders. And like marriages, some put up with a lot to have something that "looks nice" :-)

Old 07-30-2013, 04:56 AM

99 posts, read 168,167 times
Shiny object syndrome...

Old 07-30-2013, 05:23 AM

4,232 posts, read 6,911,686 times
^agreed.

While I do wish more neighborhood builders spent more time on the aesthetics, it also needs to come with quality; otherwise, it is pointless. I also wish there were more builders around who focused on high-quality in a more modest size house instead of builder-special quality in 4000ft2 houses.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:14 PM

24 posts, read 66,664 times
Here is a link to my flickr account. There are a number of sets in the account showing Legendary Communities handy work. Set of the build. A set of the lot non-compliance. Two sets of erosion control that is resulting in our street and storm drains being polluted with trash and sediment. Look forward to comments.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,531 times
Default Legendary Communities

Good evening,

My name is Pat Murphy and I am the Division Manager for Legendary Communities in the Carolina's. Over the last 4 years our team has and will continue to work hard every day to provide a quality product and service that we are proud of. As our team has grown and the market continues to head in the right direction we are committed to build at team of quality people.

With that being said we take customer satisfaction very seriously. Obviously, with reading some of these threads we have fallen short in some instances. This is something I take very seriously. In some threads I may not totally agree with the context but I respect everyone's view.

I would like to give a few communication tools to help people with concerns about our product or process and we would be happy to see if we can resolve any issue.

If you have any warranty issue please email warranty@legendarycom.com. We are one of a few builders in the area that have a full separate warranty department. We have a warranty manager that has been in the industry for over 14 years. We have 4 full time warranty technicians to handle the increasing amount of warranty list due to the standard 60 day and 11 month warranty we offer every buyer as our closings have increased over the last four years.

Our staff is experienced and understands the industry very well. I feel as a whole we have the best team in the Carolina's. At times that does not mean that something will not go wrong. But if it does we will not ignore it and if you feel that way please email me at p.murphy@legendarycom.com and I will contact you.

I offer this as a sincere way to show each of you that we are serious about what we do and how we handle our business on a day to day basis. I will deal with any issue and hopefully we can find a solution if possible.

I will not engage any further in individual threads or comments for the simple fact that it is not appropriate.

Legendary is committed to service the Carolina's as a respected residential builder and to do that through giving our customers the best service we can.

Thanks for your time and have a great evening.

P.S Nuclear Tiger that means you as well. I will call tomorrow!

Old 08-01-2013, 10:02 PM

24 posts, read 66,664 times
Getting in touch with you to professionally discuss this situation is what I have been trying to do since I first contacted you via email on April 24th. It's a shame that it's taken 100 days, a complaint to the BBB, and complaints on over twenty websites for you to finally come to the table. I am at work from 7 until 3 tomorrow and will be unable to take calls during that time, but I do look forward to finally hearing from you.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:49 AM

99 posts, read 168,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearTiger View Post
Getting in touch with you to professionally discuss this situation is what I have been trying to do since I first contacted you via email on April 24th. It's a shame that it's taken 100 days, a complaint to the BBB, and complaints on over twenty websites for you to finally come to the table. I am at work from 7 until 3 tomorrow and will be unable to take calls during that time, but I do look forward to finally hearing from you.
Yepp, that was my experience with Pat as well. You contact him once, promises you the world. Then you never hear from him again. (ha, just like my estranged father!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area