Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 07:52 PM

21 posts, read 42,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtehonica View Post
Well we went over all the options we want with Legendary and came up with, what I feel, is a pretty fair offer given the community, the current houses on the market and the ones that have sold recently. We will see what Pat Murphy has to say about the offer. I will continue to update everyone on our progress and how Legendary is handling everything.
Is TRUE Homes building in Greenville now?

Old 10-06-2013, 08:05 PM

7 posts, read 18,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbote View Post
Is TRUE Homes building in Greenville now?
No idea. Have you checked their website or sent them an email. I can put you in touch with a good guy over there if you want. We checked out quite a few TRUE communities but couldn't find both a community and a lot that we liked. Most of their lots are picked over already and in the close out phase from what I could tell.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:11 PM

21 posts, read 42,136 times
Quote:
No idea. Have you checked their website or sent them an email. I can put you in touch with a good guy over there if you want. We checked out quite a few TRUE communities but couldn't find both a community and a lot that we liked. Most of their lots are picked over already and in the close out phase from what I could tell.

You mentioned in an earlier post that you were also considering TRUE homes as well as Legendary so I assume they had come to Greenville. Sounds as though that was in a different city.

What Legendary neighborhood and floor plan did you choose?

Old 10-07-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbote View Post
You mentioned in an earlier post that you were also considering TRUE homes as well as Legendary so I assume they had come to Greenville. Sounds as though that was in a different city.

What Legendary neighborhood and floor plan did you choose?
Yeah, sorry, I'm in Concord now and looking to buy in the Indian Trail area. Although we looked at both Silver Run and Wakefield North/South with TRUE. We also looked at Fairfield Plantation with TRUE. Right now, we're looking at the Manhattan floor plan in Annandale with Legendary.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Well we went over all the options we want with Legendary and came up with, what I feel, is a pretty fair offer given the community, the current houses on the market and the ones that have sold recently. We will see what Pat Murphy has to say about the offer. I will continue to update everyone on our progress and how Legendary is handling everything.
Haven't heard anything back from Legendary yet on our offer....

Old 10-11-2013, 07:46 AM

1 posts, read 3,071 times
Thank you for this post. We are currently building with Legendary in Georgia and relied on your post a lot while negotiating the contract. We were told it would take 4-6 months to build from the time of signing the contract. We signed almost 3 months ago and still don't have our basement poured. We are disappointed because our salesperson seemed very interested early on and now we can barely get her to email us back. We have watched several homes begin construction in the neighborhood that are not even under contract move more quickly than ours. I wish they would have not even given us a time frame if they couldn't come close to making it. Excited about the home, but soooo frustrated on how long it is taking them to start!!!!!

Old 10-14-2013, 07:15 AM

Well we got a counter offer from Legendary and went and forth a couple times and finally decided to accept on Thursday. Just waiting on Legendary to ratify the contract on their side now and hopefully we'll hear from the design studio soon to set up an appointment to make all of our selections. So far so good. I'll keep everyone updated on our progress. We'll see if we start to see any communication issues or problems now that the sale is "done" and they have our earnest money and deposit.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:14 PM

2 posts, read 7,585 times
I would stay as far away from Legendary Communities homes as possible! I have been in contract for the last five months to build a house in Easley SC, construction started in mid August and have had nothing but problems, the framing was horrendous, the lumber they used was the worst, it has been a constant struggle to have them build this house correctly, I had to have the building department come and inspect the framing which was the worst I have ever seen.. they even had one of their managers meet with me and he had the nerve to suggest that I would never be happy if I watched them build the house… I should stay away until it was done. I finally had enough when i had the framing inspected and found that there was active mold growth on the roof and floor trusses, apparently the pre-assembled trusses were stored out in the rain for some time before they were used to build the house. Going with this builder was a big mistake, now I have to initiate legal action to get my deposit, and what they consider "non_refundable" 30% of the amount of any upgrades..

Old 11-11-2013, 07:28 PM

4,232 posts, read 6,910,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRET View Post
I would stay as far away from Legendary Communities homes as possible! I have been in contract for the last five months to build a house in Easley SC, construction started in mid August and have had nothing but problems, the framing was horrendous, the lumber they used was the worst, it has been a constant struggle to have them build this house correctly, I had to have the building department come and inspect the framing which was the worst I have ever seen.. they even had one of their managers meet with me and he had the nerve to suggest that I would never be happy if I watched them build the house… I should stay away until it was done. I finally had enough when i had the framing inspected and found that there was active mold growth on the roof and floor trusses, apparently the pre-assembled trusses were stored out in the rain for some time before they were used to build the house. Going with this builder was a big mistake, now I have to initiate legal action to get my deposit, and what they consider "non_refundable" 30% of the amount of any upgrades..
Wow. I know they make a poor quality product, but that kind of attitude is scary

Old 11-18-2013, 07:23 PM

24 posts, read 66,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRET View Post
I finally had enough when i had the framing inspected and found that there was active mold growth on the roof and floor trusses, apparently the pre-assembled trusses were stored out in the rain for some time before they were used to build the house. Going with this builder was a big mistake, now I have to initiate legal action to get my deposit, and what they consider "non_refundable" 30% of the amount of any upgrades..
Sorry to hear this NCRET. I was looking forward to you guys being in the neighborhood.

Unfortunately, this is at least the fourth house in our neighborhood that has had active mold growth, and makes the second house whose potential owner was so dissatisfied that they refused to complete the purchase of the home. "You'll never be satisfied" seems to be a recurring comment given to numerous customers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area