Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 02:28 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,843,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
It just seems to me that if they advertise that they are giving everyone a free speed increase, it should be free. That's false advertising if you ask me. I'd rather go back to my old speed and save 3.00 because honestly I don't see any difference in my speed at all.

Too bad Charter is my ONLY choice for internet service in my neck of the woods. Charter needs more competition.

...and when they tell me my bill will be such and such for a year, then that's what I budget for so don't go up on the price.

Next time I'm going to lock in a price and get one of those guarantees....lessons learned.
the speed increase doesn't cost them anything, I was getting speeds much faster than what they were advertising before the "free upgrade" they probably advertised it before they increased prices so people didn't get so angry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 07:14 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,294,697 times
They could save a whole lot of cash by reducing the number of annoying commercial spots they buy. The ones with the guy on the "international date line" are so annoying I change the radio station or tv channel just to avoid them. They certainly don't make me want interested in their product. Whoever is in charge of their advertising campaign needs to be fired and find another line of work - advertising is clearly NOT their strong suit.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:33 AM

212 posts, read 423,377 times
I still haven't seen a price increase after having Charter Internet for a few years now. I have the 16+ service at $54.99/month. My 2/12/12 bill was the same as before. When did yours increase?

Old 03-07-2012, 09:02 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,548,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolstuckinNC View Post
They could save a whole lot of cash by reducing the number of annoying commercial spots they buy. The ones with the guy on the "international date line" are so annoying I change the radio station or tv channel just to avoid them. They certainly don't make me want interested in their product. Whoever is in charge of their advertising campaign needs to be fired and find another line of work - advertising is clearly NOT their strong suit.
OMG - Thank you for saying just what I was thinking!!

Old 03-07-2012, 09:45 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,533,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneSpecial View Post
I still haven't seen a price increase after having Charter Internet for a few years now. I have the 16+ service at $54.99/month. My 2/12/12 bill was the same as before. When did yours increase?
You will see the increase in your next bill I believe.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:29 AM

2,103 posts, read 4,472,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolstuckinNC View Post

That and stop sending me mail to get more than just internet with them 2-3 times a week. If they stopped sending me all their crappy ads it would save them about the 3 dollars a month.

Old 03-10-2012, 01:23 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,843,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucystargazer View Post
That and stop sending me mail to get more than just internet with them 2-3 times a week. If they stopped sending me all their crappy ads it would save them about the 3 dollars a month.
agreed, they call me at least once a month to "check to see if i'm getting the best deal" and I work nights, so they wake me up for no reason.....

Old 03-10-2012, 04:29 AM

470 posts, read 595,578 times
I got a call from Charter the other day asking if I wanted to lock in for another 2 years at the same price I have been paying. I told her of course I do that's why I called last month and already set it up... She checked and said Oh I'm sorry you did already lock in. This company has no clue to what they are doing... By far the worst utility / service provider I have ever dealt with. Unfortunately if you want real high speed internet service they are the only game in town... For TV I use DirectTV the picture quality is far superior to Charters. If there was another choice for internet I'd switch in a minute.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:31 AM

212 posts, read 423,377 times
They don't call me anymore, because I told them not to. The mail offers go straight in the trash. Of course, I agree that they could save some money if they didn't keep sending them to me.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:53 AM

10,106 posts, read 7,775,270 times
They used to call me all the time too. I don't know how many times different people would call in the same month trying to sell me their phone service.

I finally got frustrated and told them I was so tired of getting their calls about this phone service. I asked if they put in my records that they called me but I declined the offer. The lady apologized and told me I would not be getting any more calls. How many times do I have to tell them I already have OOMA and have no plans to EVER change??? Stop calling me about the phone. I'm NOT interested.

The thing is if they can offer me a great deal on internet/tv, I'd love to get those. Oh well.

I agree about the paper offers that come in the mail. They go straight in the trash. It's a waste of paper. Maybe we should all write on the envelopes "return to sender" and they might get the message and stop sending.....yeah right.

I usually pay my bills right when I get them but I still hadn't paid this last Charter bill with the increase. I'm going to call them and question the 'free' internet upgrade again. Maybe if I talk to someone in person, they will do something about it. It would be one thing if I noticed some great increase in my speed but it seems exactly the same if not a little worse. I just dread so so so much calling and dealing with them. My blood pressure always sky rockets and I have to be in the right frame of mind. lol

I actually liked one TV commercial they had. It was the one where the father was watching the National Geographic channel with his 6 yr old son. There were turtles on the show and all of a sudden the one turtle crawled up on the other turtle getting ready to do the deed. I think the son questioned it and father just had this funny look on his face.

This present commercial they keep showing now is dumb. It's the one with the little kid acting like he's in a Star Wars movie and then his mom calls him and all of a sudden he's sitting there with the cat purring. I don't get it as it's pretty dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area