Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2016, 10:13 AM

7,258 posts, read 4,624,529 times

Advertisements

As wedge mentioned, the closure times are what's allowed by SCDOT for this project. It's up to the contractor on what hours from that they actually choose. That's an updated time list from what was available previously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 10:24 AM

1,844 posts, read 2,761,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
You can report potholes here:
Maintenance Work Request

If they don't repair a pothole within a couple of days after they are notified, the state is required to pay for damage to your car.
Good advice, although I'd be busy for a week filling out forms. At least create work requests for the unavoidable big potholes.

A sad story, that would be funny if it weren't true: today I found myself on smooth pavement and realized that I have a new vibration on the front end of my car. Thinking back, I realized it's been a very long time since I've been on any pavement smooth enough to even detect that type of vibration.

Old 02-23-2016, 12:50 PM

9,492 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
You can report potholes here:
Maintenance Work Request

If they don't repair a pothole within a couple of days after they are notified, the state is required to pay for damage to your car.
The website is only for state roads, I don't see a way to list the interstates.

UPDATE: Called SCDOT Greenville office at (864) 241-1224, the lady that answered was nice, but told me (typical government answer) that since it was in the "construction zone" it was no longer SCDOT responsibility and she would pass it on to the contractor. Jokingly, she told me not to blame her if it doesn't get fixed. (I didn't laugh...)

Old 02-23-2016, 01:04 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,289,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post

UPDATE: Called SCDOT Greenville office at (864) 241-1224, the lady that answered was nice, but told me (typical government answer) that since it was in the "construction zone" it was no longer SCDOT responsibility and she would pass it on to the contractor. Jokingly, she told me not to blame her if it doesn't get fixed. (I didn't laugh...)
The interstates are in the list under the "I"s (i.e. I-85, I-385, etc.).

I can understand the lack of laughter.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
The interstates are in the list under the "I"s (i.e. I-85, I-385, etc.).

I can understand the lack of laughter.
Dang!...(heading to the eye doctor for some new glasses).

Old 02-23-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Dear SCDOT, if you have an extra scoop of asphalt, can you toss it into the large chuck hole on the entrance ramp to I-85N from I-385N that's been there for weeks and is growing?

My car thanks you...
One of several that keep growing....

Old 02-24-2016, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoma View Post
One of several that keep growing....
That looks like the one!

Old 03-10-2016, 11:02 AM

The project website has been updated to show a better plan view of the entire project. You can zoom in and see the number of lanes going in.

(10mb size pdf)
http://www.85385gateway.com/pdf/2016...rlay118x69.pdf

Purple indicates roadway being widened, relocated, or otherwise improved. Orange is new bridge.

Current main visible construction is the temporary ramps at 385/Woodruff Rd interchange going in, trees being cleared just south of there along 385 for the planned widening and final ramp design.

Project website is here: I-85/385 Gateway

Old 03-10-2016, 12:27 PM

20 posts, read 27,614 times
Quote:

Complain to the contractor about the damage to your vehicle, DOT is not responsible for damages in a work zone. The rules about DOT paying before/after notification don't apply anymore. The contractor will have to fix your vehicle if you can prove that the damage was because of the conditions on their project.

I-85/385 Gateway

Old 03-11-2016, 02:30 PM

308 posts, read 269,757 times
Smile Final overlay

It's nice to see what the final plans are on the project website. I'm relieved to see that Chrome Drive isn't going to be turned into a dead-end. Many people rely on that shortcut rather than having to crawl to the light at Roper Mountain and Garlington to turn right towards Woodruff. Also nice to see is how exits and merges are being spread out between the interchange and Pelham Rd. That and the greatly increased number of lanes will make the bottleneck a lot better.

After looking at the scope of this project, I wonder why the Woodruff Rd. bridge over I-85 was not included in this project.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area