Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 09:32 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,794,997 times

Advertisements

Can we add people driving slower than the rest of traffic in the left lane to the list?

I know this happens in a lot of places, but MY GOD it happens a ton here!

If you ain't passing other cars on your right, or are about to turn left, get out of the left lane.

Period.

That lane is for passing. Slower traffic keep right.

You are breaking the law, much less tying up traffic, you selfish bastards…

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 10:23 PM

5 posts, read 7,433 times
Agreed. It is amazing that so many people drive slowly in the left lane. My husband and I have (jokingly) started referring to the far right lane as the passing lane since everyone seems to be passing from there. That is NOT the correct lane for passing.

People are always running red lights. It is a bit stunning, even large trucks are running red lights.

It is impossible to turn left in some places, particularly on Woodruff road. There needs to be more left arrow lights if they don't want people attempting to turn left to pull into the traffic, I would probably protest that ticket because the city has not properly managed the traffic lights.

Why do people always drive with their brights on? We see people get into their car, turn the car on, and promptly turn the brights on right away. Why? I don't get this at all.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:45 PM

672 posts, read 1,418,327 times
Regarding left turns from an earlier thread: https://www.city-data.com/forum/7402361-post10.html

Old 12-24-2013, 07:03 AM

2,103 posts, read 4,472,792 times
They recently ran a news article about the left lane slow pokes and the vast majority of comments on wspa were people who felt that they needed to police the left lane to slow down people. Eye roll eye roll eye roll. Apparently wanting to use the left lane for of I don't know PASSING a truck spewing rocks that chips your windshield is unheard of to these people( yes this happened to me this week on 85).

Old 12-24-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucystargazer View Post
They recently ran a news article about the left lane slow pokes and the vast majority of comments on wspa were people who felt that they needed to police the left lane to slow down people. Eye roll eye roll eye roll. Apparently wanting to use the left lane for of I don't know PASSING a truck spewing rocks that chips your windshield is unheard of to these people( yes this happened to me this week on 85).
Those people are ignorant fools, imho. Law-breakers. Causing accidents, congestion, more air pollution…all in some holier-than-thou attempt at being the police.

Ironically, these folks are WAY more dangerous than the speeders they are trying to slow down. It's amazing what problems one idiot can cause on the freeway. And some of these people obviously enjoy it, presumably thinking they are doing the right thing.

Years ago in another state, the highway patrol started ticketing people for being in the left lane when they were not passing. They put out press releases first to warn people, but then devoted a month to enforcing this law on the major interstates going through and around town. It made a big difference and brought the issue to the attention of the fools trying to slow down traffic.

Another help would be to just to put up signs that state "Slower Traffic Keep Right" every few miles.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:28 PM

684 posts, read 1,186,866 times
What's slower in the left lane?

I drives 70 in the left lane (55) and too lazy to change lanes for folks going 80+. Yea. That lazy cruise control.

Old 12-27-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohtalim View Post
What's slower in the left lane?

I drives 70 in the left lane (55) and too lazy to change lanes for folks going 80+. Yea. That lazy cruise control.
Mph are irrelevant here, but alas, laziness is.

"Slower" is relative, relative to the other cars on the road.

70 is slower than 80+.

Slower traffic keeps right.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:43 AM

481 posts, read 865,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Can we add people driving slower than the rest of traffic in the left lane to the list?

I know this happens in a lot of places, but MY GOD it happens a ton here!

If you ain't passing other cars on your right, or are about to turn left, get out of the left lane.

Period.

That lane is for passing. Slower traffic keep right.

You are breaking the law, much less tying up traffic, you selfish bastards…

Very true! Yes, get out of the faster lanes and stay in the slower lanes.

However, you say it is against the LAW to drive your vehicle in the faster lane....Very true I say....However, it is also against the LAW to be speeding as well. Therefore, this being said, both are breaking the law and both cause everyone's insurance rates to go sky high (which really pisses me off) being these are the only two that are causing all the freaking wrecks on the roads. It's either idiots going to fast, texting or talking on cell while driving, and then last but least...drivers driving too slow in the passing lane.

Lets get it right now!!! It is slower drivers in the fast lane that can create an issue, but it is mainly drivers going too fast (over 10 mph over the speed limit) and the idiot morons whom text and talk on their cell while driving (usually over the speed limit as well).

The CURE....SLOW the hell down and slower drivers stay in the slower lanes. Get the hell off the cell phone and pay attention. Also, drivers not moving over for drivers merging into traffic is total BS!!!!

Old 12-29-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Michael View Post

Lets get it right now!!! It is slower drivers in the fast lane that can create an issue, but it is mainly drivers going too fast (over 10 mph over the speed limit) and the idiot morons whom text and talk on their cell while driving (usually over the speed limit as well).

The CURE....SLOW the hell down and slower drivers stay in the slower lanes. Get the hell off the cell phone and pay attention. Also, drivers not moving over for drivers merging into traffic is total BS!!!!
According to studies done by the insurance companies, statistically the safest drivers on the freeways are those driving faster than about 85% of the other drivers.

But I think the most dangerous drivers, in order, are drunks - very closely followed by people texting or talking on their phone. It turns out, the brain is horrible at splitting tasks simultaneously. People actually switch task, meaning they are really just doing one thing at a time, which should be driving while, well, while driving.

The rest are quite aways behind these two groups in number of accidents caused.

Old 12-29-2013, 05:40 PM

285 posts, read 457,567 times
Do you folks notice a lot of drivers out after dusk with NO headlights on? I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area