Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2014, 03:38 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,362,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I noticed Jack in the Box on East Wade Hampton Boulevard has closed. It must have closed last weekend.

I was not supportive of this location after two negative experiences. I thought it should have closed sooner or later.
Too bad they were unable to get this store turned around. I ate at the Jack in the Box in Five Forks on Saturday and the food and service was good. I had an Ultimate Double Cheeseburger, curly fries, and 2 deep fried tacos. And a chocolate shake and a Diet Coke. But my concern is they may be losing ground in the Upstate with the continued closure of locations. They seem to be doing better in the Charlotte area where they first expanded on the East coast. They moved into the Upstate as an expansion from there. And I still they should move down into Atlanta where I think they could do well. Jack in the Box seems to do well in larger urban markets, especially Texas and California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2014, 03:08 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,294,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I had an Ultimate Double Cheeseburger, curly fries, and 2 deep fried tacos. And a chocolate shake and a Diet Coke.
Diet Coke with all of that?

Old 08-17-2014, 07:13 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times
Default Jack in the Box #6407, 14011 East Wade Hampton Boulevard, Greer, SC 29651-1500

Quote:
Too bad they were unable to get this store turned around. I ate at the Jack in the Box in Five Forks on Saturday and the food and service was good. I had an Ultimate Double Cheeseburger, curly fries, and 2 deep fried tacos. And a chocolate shake and a Diet Coke. But my concern is they may be losing ground in the Upstate with the continued closure of locations. They seem to be doing better in the Charlotte area where they first expanded on the East coast. They moved into the Upstate as an expansion from there. And I still they should move down into Atlanta where I think they could do well. Jack in the Box seems to do well in larger urban markets, especially Texas and California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
The Ultimate Cheeseburger is my favorite at Jack in the Box. I hope you enjoyed it.

Jack in the Box closed 40 stores nationwide four years ago. One fifth, or eight, of those stores were across upstate South Carolina.

I was very surprised the Greer store did not close in 2010. Two bad experiences prevented me from returning until two weeks ago. The first bad experience was a trashed dining room and undercooked food. The second bad experience was the dining room not open after the store opened in the morning. The drive through was unattended.

I may agree with you that Jack in the Box is gradually exiting the market. Until I discovered Cook-Out, no one could rival Jack in the Box in the quality and price of food.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:06 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,101,854 times
Quote:
Holy Crap! What time is your appointment at the cardiologists?

Old 08-18-2014, 10:47 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,362,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
I always drink diet soda. Although Diet Mtn. Dew is my favorite.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:00 PM

Quote:
I always drink diet soda. Although Diet Mtn. Dew is my favorite.
Diet soda is horrible for you, way worse than regular soda (which is already bad for you), it is literally poison. Mountain Dew contains brominated vegetable oil (a chemical used in kitchen cleaners and a flame retardant that is banned in 100 countries).

Instead of sugar, they are sweetened with artificial sweeteners like aspartame, cyclamate, saccharin, acesulfame-k or sucralose.

Why is Diet Soda Bad For You? The Truth About Diet Drinks

The United States Food and Drug Administration considers BVO to be safe for use as a food additive.[8] However, there are case reports of adverse effects associated with excessive consumption of BVO-containing products. One case reported that a man who consumed two to four liters of a soda containing BVO on a daily basis experienced memory loss, tremors, fatigue, loss of muscle coordination, headache, and ptosis of the right eyelid, as well as elevated serum chloride.[19] In the two months it took to correctly diagnose the problem, the patient also lost the ability to walk.

Brominated vegetable oil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-18-2014, 07:20 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,650,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Diet soda is horrible for you, way worse than regular soda (which is already bad for you), it is literally poison. Mountain Dew contains brominated vegetable oil (a chemical used in kitchen cleaners and a flame retardant that is banned in 100 countries).

Instead of sugar, they are sweetened with artificial sweeteners like aspartame, cyclamate, saccharin, acesulfame-k or sucralose.

Why is Diet Soda Bad For You? The Truth About Diet Drinks

The United States Food and Drug Administration considers BVO to be safe for use as a food additive.[8] However, there are case reports of adverse effects associated with excessive consumption of BVO-containing products. One case reported that a man who consumed two to four liters of a soda containing BVO on a daily basis experienced memory loss, tremors, fatigue, loss of muscle coordination, headache, and ptosis of the right eyelid, as well as elevated serum chloride.[19] In the two months it took to correctly diagnose the problem, the patient also lost the ability to walk.

Brominated vegetable oil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
How about we let him drink what he wants to drink? #hisbodynotyours

Old 08-18-2014, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
How about we educate people about things, so they can make informed decisions? #ifyoucarespeakup

P.S. No one likes a backseat mod.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
It's apathetic posts like yours that tell me how little we care about one another anymore. Obesity and poor/unhealthy eating habits are just as bad as drug and alcohol addiction.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:51 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,730,837 times
How about we actually get back on topic ? #GreerDiningNotJudgingOthers
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area