Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 03:34 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,409,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
That is my biggest fear. Progressivism is rooted in a HUGE government industrial complex controlling every aspect of our lives from cradle to grave, it is rooted in fascism and tyranny the opposite of constitutional freedom and liberty. Progressivism is outdated and passe' ala leg warmers and tape cassettes. Power to the People!
So you support legalizing weed, and leaving the decisions of gay marriage and abortion up to the individual, rather than government intervention?

I suppose you also would support the idea that our massive "government industrial complex" in the form of the military should never invade or occupy another country unless that country is an imminent, immediate threat to the United State's.....and by that, I mean a threat to the actual soil land of the 50 states, not the financial stability of Wall Street who needs an oil market to stay open.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:22 PM

81 posts, read 137,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
So you support legalizing weed, and leaving the decisions of gay marriage and abortion up to the individual, rather than government intervention?

I suppose you also would support the idea that our massive "government industrial complex" in the form of the military should never invade or occupy another country unless that country is an imminent, immediate threat to the United State's.....and by that, I mean a threat to the actual soil land of the 50 states, not the financial stability of Wall Street who needs an oil market to stay open.
A true liberal....take a statement and twist it in an attempt to bait someone into saying something easily discreditable. A silver tongued serpent to be sure.

If you need to be led around like a bull with a ring in your nose go live somewhere else....

Old 02-26-2014, 05:53 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,790,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InitialMineral View Post
My family is moving to Greenville this year. I am a liberal Democrat and atheist who is used to living in deeply conservative states and communities. When I first looked into Greenville, I was concerned about the hard-right politics of the area and Greenville in particular (Bob Jones University). There's also a state representative from Greenville who keeps trying to water down the state science curriculum by undermining the teaching of evolution, which is not cool at all. But, all that being said, I'm up for giving it a shot. I love the scenery and the promise of four defined seasons. I am thrilled at the prospect of a walkable downtown. There's an international center that offers language courses, and I recently read that the local children's museum has just become affiliated with the Smithsonian. Conservatives in Greenville can't be any more conservative than the friends that I have here or elsewhere that I've lived. And if I really need a break, there's always Asheville NC, a short hour/hour-and-a-half drive away through some very pretty country. We can't cede good communities to those whom we disagree with politically. Indeed, the more that progressives migrate to conservative communities, the more progressive those communities might become.
Great perspective, comrade.

When you get here, I'll take you to one of our meetings where we plot how to use the Gubmint Industrial Complex to indoctrinate the local children with the liberal evils. Like science, education, compassion, empathy and infrastructure investment.

And, of course, infect them with the gay.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:32 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,289,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post

When you get here, I'll take you to one of our meetings where we plot how to use the Gubmint Industrial Complex to indoctrinate the local children with the liberal evils. Like science, education, compassion, empathy and infrastructure investment.

You left out the discussion on using Agenda 21 to seize all private lands

Old 02-26-2014, 10:12 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,096,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovertennis View Post
Did you skip all your writing AND history/civics classes in high school?

Certainly, you're entitled to your own opinions but, as DP Moynihan said, you're not entitled to your own facts. You're objectively wrong in just about every aspect of your post.
Okay, tell me how? I can not express how dangerous that I believe liberalism is.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:14 PM

I do not support the redefinition of marriage. It is judicial activists that are ignoring the will of the people and forcing their agenda on states. If the people voted gay marriage in, so be it. I don't get what you're not getting?

Quote:
I love it when you post about politics on here!

It kind of proves my point about the high level of ignorance/hypocrisy in this area.

I assume if you want the government to stay out of our lives, you are cool with gay marriage. I mean who is the government to tell gay people they can't marry each other?

Power to the people!

Oh, wait...

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...rriage-do.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post32207607

Old 02-26-2014, 10:18 PM

Marijuana is a health issue to me. What I don't get is people who decry cigarettes but claim that smoking pot is cool; both are carcinogens and totally unhealthy. I do not support the redefinition of marriage, but if the people in each individual state vote it in, so be it. I do not support judicial activists thumbing their nose at the will of the people though. Abortion is murder. I do not support murder. Regarding your point about invading other nations, I am in agreement with you. I am a ConCon (Constitutional Conservative) not a Neo Con.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post

Old 02-26-2014, 10:21 PM

Quote:

Thank you for making my point. Only you progressives in your infinite wisdom believe in these things. Us Bible thumping, knuckle dragging troglodytes want women barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen and believe in the magic man in the sky. Oh where would we be without progressive elitism? Thank you oh enlightened ones.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:52 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,725,665 times
We have a politics forum for all your political discussion. In this topic, either focus on helping the op or don't post at all. Come on, it's not that hard to stay on topic, is it ?
Yac.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:57 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,790,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I do not support the redefinition of marriage. It is judicial activists that are ignoring the will of the people and forcing their agenda on states. If the people voted gay marriage in, so be it. I don't get what you're not getting?
To the OP, this is what you will be dealing with here.

People so ignorant that they don't realize that their own marriage was illegal just a few years ago because a majority of people in this state believed that interracial marriage was not Christian. There's a phrase or two in their holy book that led them to believe that interracial marriage was an abomination to God. So many people thought this that a majority of locals outlawed it.

People so blinded by their Faith, that they ignore facts and recent history.

People that seem to be cool with having their own marriage nullified by the will of the majority?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area