Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 02:45 PM

896 posts, read 1,141,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
Well I recommend Sterling Pelham and Northslope, for your price range if you want to be closer to work. You'll be able to get some newer ones out in Greer and Piedmont in the same price range.
Also, you would be closer to Downtown Greenville which is fantastic, imo with lots to offer. The move is going to be an adjustment for you so you want to consider setting yourself up for a positive experience. I am not sure if Greer and Piedmont would offer you this. Just something to consider.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2014, 02:46 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,086,888 times
Also, keep in mind you'll pay more for gas if you're further away from your work. It maybe worth it to pay a little bit more for the convenience than paying it in gas. Where is your work off 85? 85 runs pretty far.

These apartments are near me. I don't know much about them but driving by. The Granite at Taylors - Apartment Homes in Taylors, SC

Old 03-15-2014, 02:53 PM

6 posts, read 12,174 times
Quote:
Well I recommend Sterling Pelham and Northslope, for your price range if you want to be closer to work. You'll be able to get some newer ones out in Greer and Piedmont in the same price range.
what is the water and electricity like at sterling pelham, they look pretty nice

and the renters insurance in required i see too..is that standard for all apts down south

Old 03-15-2014, 02:58 PM

202 posts, read 295,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meliss_xo View Post
what is the water and electricity like at sterling pelham, they look pretty nice
Water, pest control, is included in the rent. My power bill hasn't been higher than 80 bucks and usuaually in the 60 dollar range.

They also run one right next door, called Ashford at Pelham, or something like that. They've done a good job renovating them and I actually prefer these to some of the new pricey 4 story ones going up around town. You can even walk to a ice cream place, grocery story and some restaurants from here, right across the street.

They have two cops living in the apartment, plus they have a security company patrol the grounds.

Old 03-15-2014, 02:59 PM

896 posts, read 1,141,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meliss_xo View Post

and the renters insurance in required i see too..is that standard for all apts down south
We are at The Bristol, and we had to obtain renters insurance. We also had to show proof of income, and gross income had to be 3 or 4 times rent amount. I think it was 4 times, can't quite remember, sorry.

Old 03-15-2014, 03:03 PM

You have to get renters insurance most places but it is only like 120 or so a year. If you get it with State Farm, they'll give you discounts on auto insurance. I am only paying like 400 a year for car insurance with State Farm, one over in Traveler's Rest which is a huge savings over other places I have lived.

Old 03-15-2014, 04:39 PM

lol at "800 is cheap". You should never pay 800 for a 1 bedroom apartment in SC outside of maybe Mt. Pleasant. My apartment complex isn't income based housing and I'm paying 515. It isn't ghetto housing.

Old 03-15-2014, 05:03 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,332,757 times
Quote:
Ok, maybe you are dainty too. I see young women live where I do. They are hanging tough. I forget not everybody has True Grit sometimes. lol

I don't believe any apartment complex is really worth much more than 200 a month so at 515 I still feel ripped off. All it is is a conditioned space with water/toilet and you aren't building equity. Just giving your money away so I look to minimize rent to save for a better day.
Too low and you get undesirable activity.

Old 03-15-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
Too low and you get undesirable activity.
Well I understand that but at 515 in the Pelham road area near North Street, no undesirable activity thus far. I was willing to put up with some bad tenants for the lower rent but it has been as quiet here as anyuwhere else I've lived. The women who work the front desk here don't want bad tenants either. lol I think they generally try to rent it out to people with decent employers or college kids with a parent cosigner. I think that I actually got a discount on the rent, this place is probably more like 600 most of the time.

Old 03-15-2014, 05:13 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,332,757 times
Quote:
Well I understand that but at 515 in the Pelham road area near North Street, no undesirable activity thus far. I was willing to put up with some bad tenants for the lower rent but it has been as quiet here as anyuwhere else I've lived. The women who work the front desk here don't want bad tenants either. lol I think they generally try to rent it out to people with decent employers or college kids with a parent cosigner.
515 is enough to keep most troublemakers out, but you get much lower and there they are. I'm sure the average rent of the complex where you live is more than 515 monthly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area