Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 01:03 PM

6 posts, read 12,205 times

Advertisements

I am planning a cross country move to south carolina, for a recent job I got. I will be working in Greenville, right off of i85.

I am looking for a fairly affordable studio, or one bedroom apartment, so as of now 600 is my max rent, although I would prefer less around 500-540. I don't want to end up in an unsafe community living alone. Some towns I have been looking into are, Peidmont, Greer, Taylors, and simpsonsville. Can anybody please recommend some apartment complexs that would be a good fit. I have seen many online, but I am unaware if they are located in a good area...

Is Pelham Road a good area in greenville?

Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2014, 01:16 PM

202 posts, read 296,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meliss_xo View Post
I am planning a cross country move to south carolina, for a recent job I got. I will be working in Greenville, right off of i85.

I am looking for a fairly affordable studio, or one bedroom apartment, so as of now 600 is my max rent, although I would prefer less around 500-540. I don't want to end up in an unsafe community living alone. Some towns I have been looking into are, Peidmont, Greer, Taylors, and simpsonsville. Can anybody please recommend some apartment complexs that would be a good fit. I have seen many online, but I am unaware if they are located in a good area...

Is Pelham Road a good area in greenville?

Any help would be appreciated.
Pelham Road area is one of the best areas of Greenville. I think you can find somthing decent and in your price range in Sterling Pelham or Northslope apartments on Pelham / North Street, and it should be safe.

I wouldn't do Piedmont simply because not much there. You can probably find something decent in S'ville but those tend to be newer more expensive apartments. I don't see the point in going all the way out to Greer given all the apartments in the Pelham Road area and Taylors.

You should be safe at apartments in these areas , the main thing is to make sure to lock your car doors at night because sometimes things will get stolen from cars at apartments here.

Last edited by Esso; 03-15-2014 at 01:28 PM..

Old 03-15-2014, 01:33 PM

thanks for the fast reply, yes ive seen some nice places, well from the pictures online, but somewhere else i read told me to stay off of pelham road, there were two places i was looking directly on that road. I am going to be working On Carolina Point Pkway

Any information about
Regency at Chandler Park - Greer
Monarch Place - Wellford
or The Vintage - 25 Pelham Road

Old 03-15-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
thanks for the fast reply, yes ive seen some nice places, well from the pictures online, but somewhere else i read told me to stay off of pelham road, there were two places i was looking directly on that road. I am going to be working On Carolina Point Pkway

Any information about
Regency at Chandler Park - Greer
Monarch Place - Wellford
or The Vintage - 25 Pelham Road
Ok, well I live at one, Sterling Pelham, directly on Pelham across from a newish Publix grocery store. I pay 512 a month for a 1 bedroom, and they renovated the apartment recentlly. The only downside is it doesn't have washer and dryer connections but they have a laundry at the complex. You can pay a little more for a 1 bedroom with w/d connections. I moved here without a job so I was trying to pay as little as possible for rent. It is a quiet apartment complex and I believe many college students stay here so it is reasonably safe.

Looks like The Vintage is near Sterling Pelham on Pelham road. I would rank nearby North Slope or Sterling Pelham over The Vintage in terms of quality, based on my own eye test. Those other 2, especially the one in Wellford are way too far out and not in a good location in my view, given all the options closer to the nice part of Greenville.

Hvae you reviewed www.apartmentratings.com? You can search by state and city and see what others say about specific apartments.

Old 03-15-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
Ok, well I live at one, Sterling Pelham, directly on Pelham across from a newish Publix grocery store. I pay 512 a month for a 1 bedroom, and they renovated the apartment recentlly. The only downside is it doesn't have washer and dryer connections but they have a laundry at the complex. You can pay a little more for a 1 bedroom with w/d connections. I moved here without a job so I was trying to pay as little as possible for rent. It is a quiet apartment complex and I believe many college students stay here so it is reasonably safe.

Looks like The Vintage is near Sterling Pelham on Pelham road. I would rank nearby North Slope or Sterling Pelham over The Vintage in terms of quality, based on my own eye test. Those other 2, especially the one in Wellford are way too far out and not in a good location in my view, given all the options closer to the nice part of Greenville.

Hvae you reviewed www.apartmentratings.com? You can search by state and city and see what others say about specific apartments.

I have looked and I dont know what to think about the ratings, some seem so skewed and biased.. I only said the other two a little farther out because I don't know anybody at all down there, and I am okay with being a little farther away from the city. They seem like nice communities so I was wondering what you thought of them

Old 03-15-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:
I have looked and I dont know what to think about the ratings, some seem so skewed and biased.. I only said the other two a little farther out because I don't know anybody at all down there, and I am okay with being a little farther away from the city. They seem like nice communities so I was wondering what you thought of them
Do you think you can get a better deal at those two? My point is I think you can pay about the same for a similar place closer to Greenville and the mall area.

I have heard of the Regency and I think it will be decent. It was built in last 10 years. It is in the Greer area which has some restaurants and retail and a nice little downtown area.

The Wellford one might be ok, it looks fairly new but I'm surprised at how low the rent is for 2 bedroom. I thought it was affordable housing for low income people. It is very isolated in the Greenville metro, that is my main problem with it.

There are some Greer people on this board that might have more insight on Regency one in Greer.

Old 03-15-2014, 02:15 PM

I came across one in greer that looked perfect for my budget Bridle Ridge apts, right across from an elementary school, 535$ for 830 square feet 1 bed room apt, with all the amenities I wanted, the regency was 565 I believe.

Any information on Stonesthrow? Century Circle in greenville

Old 03-15-2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
I came across one in greer that looked perfect for my budget Bridle Ridge apts, right across from an elementary school, 535$ for 830 square feet 1 bed room apt, with all the amenities I wanted, the regency was 565 I believe.

Any information on Stonesthrow? Century Circle in greenville

Well those are really old ones, off Pleasantburg near some poorer areas. I wouldn't have a problem there in general but I do think there is risk of it being less safe. Anywhere out in Greer is going to be safer or Simpsonville is going to safer as those are more rural areas. The Blue Ridge area especially can't be more safe.

Can you be more specific bout where your employer is off I-85? I'm assuming you could pick up 14 or 101 and head into Greer that way which should be an easy commute

Old 03-15-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
Well those are really old ones, off Pleasantburg near some poorer areas. I wouldn't have a problem there in general but I do think there is risk of it being less safe. Anywhere out in Greer is going to be safer or Simpsonville is going to safer as those are more rural areas. The Blue Ridge area especially can't be more safe.

Can you be more specific bout where your employer is off I-85? I'm assuming you could pick up 14 or 101 and head into Greer that way which should be an easy commute

No i am staying away from income based because obviously im going to run into more trouble there, thats at least how it is in connecticut. and Carolina Point Parkway, TD's corporate campus

Old 03-15-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
No i am staying away from income based because obviously im going to run into more trouble there, thats at least how it is in connecticut. and Carolina Point Parkway, TD's corporate campus
Well I recommend Sterling Pelham and Northslope, for your price range if you want to be closer to work. You'll be able to get some newer ones out in Greer and Piedmont in the same price range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area