Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 05:19 PM

202 posts, read 295,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
515 is enough to keep most troublemakers out, but you get much lower and there they are. I'm sure the average rent of the complex where you live is more than 515 monthly.
Yeah 10 years ago this place would have rented for 500 all the time though. I only paid like 600 for Beacon Ridge, a nicer one up the road at corner of Pelham and Haywood, in 2006-2007. I think it rents for 750 plus now despite being older.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2014, 06:05 PM

I won't report you. Some others will, for sure. Why dontyou just stop logging on? Too rational, I guess?

You arn't required to post on here if you have an account. Believe it or not. lol

Old 03-15-2014, 11:45 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,323,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
Yeah 10 years ago this place would have rented for 500 all the time though. I only paid like 600 for Beacon Ridge, a nicer one up the road at corner of Pelham and Haywood, in 2006-2007. I think it rents for 750 plus now despite being older.
That sounds about right to me.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:28 AM

144 posts, read 140,078 times
Quote:
lol at "800 is cheap". You should never pay 800 for a 1 bedroom apartment in SC outside of maybe Mt. Pleasant. My apartment complex isn't income based housing and I'm paying 515. It isn't ghetto housing.
Was about to rent 1 bedroom apartment for $885 (Enclave Paris Mt)
but now I read a very bad review and have to start all over again,
as my first choice has only 2 bedrooms apartments for $1010 available.

So hard to decide, if not living in the area and not wanting to move every year.

My 2nd choice was actually Stoneledge Plantation, but still have in mind my boss saying apartments below $800 are not that good and this one is $660 750 sq ft w&d incl. does anyone know this one?

Old 03-16-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway83 View Post
Was about to rent 1 bedroom apartment for $885 (Enclave Paris Mt)
but now I read a very bad review and have to start all over again,
as my first choice has only 2 bedrooms apartments for $1010 available.

So hard to decide, if not living in the area and not wanting to move every year.

My 2nd choice was actually Stoneledge Plantation, but still have in mind my boss saying apartments below $800 are not that good and this one is $660 750 sq ft w&d incl. does anyone know this one?
That is a good older one, and great location. I wouldn't have problem living there but obviously only you can make that call. You might also look at Paddock Club apartments on woodruff road, I think you can get 1 bedroom in 600's there. I stayed there for a year and it was decent

I wouldn't rent out at the Paris Mountain one unless I was working out that way. They appear overpriced and probably will be off campus Furman housing basically.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:27 PM

Quote:
That is a good older one, and great location. I wouldn't have problem living there but obviously only you can make that call. You might also look at Paddock Club apartments on woodruff road, I think you can get 1 bedroom in 600's there. I stayed there for a year and it was decent

I wouldn't rent out at the Paris Mountain one unless I was working out that way. They appear overpriced and probably will be off campus Furman housing basically.
To me most important is a quiet location and apartment and a nice view, so Paris Mt would have been nice, but the review was just too bad.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
To me most important is a quiet location and apartment and a nice view, so Paris Mt would have been nice, but the review was just too bad.
Beacon Ridge or Calderon Wood on Pelham offer some good views, you might be able to get one in the 600s there if they are running a special

Old 03-16-2014, 01:49 PM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times
Quote:
Enclave is brand new and looks very nice. How can it be all that bad? I would be very careful of reviews I read on Apartment Ratings. I think many of those people probably bring their bad experiences on themselves.

I lived at Stoneledge from 05-10. I never had any problems other than a few minor maintenance issues that were resolved quickly. Its not brand new but kitchens have been updated and units were clean at least when I lived their. Its just an older community W/D included was a nice feature. Location was great because it is between Pelham and Woodruff and you can get to businesses on those routes quickly by taking back routes. Garlington and Roper Mtn intersection gets very busy during rush hours. CVS and a Spinx Conveinence store across from the apartments so I did not want an apartment facing either business and chose to live closer to the back of the community to avoid the lighting of the gas station. I also like the fact you can park in front of the buiding and see your doorway from your car. No inside walkways. More townhouse or condo like.

Old 03-16-2014, 02:15 PM

Was told not to take one on Pelham Rd.

Enclave - there was only 1 review and this one was bad.

I am lost.

Old 03-16-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Was told not to take one on Pelham Rd.

Enclave - there was only 1 review and this one was bad.

I am lost.
Most of the apartments in Greenville area are on Pelham road or very near Pelham. The only issue at apartments is sometimes stuff might be stolen from your car but I've never had an issue in 3.5 years living on or near Pelham road. Pelham road is not a ghetto area. You won't be any safer at this Paris enclave place.

There are also several apartments along Butler Road in Mauldin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area