Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 08:27 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,597,762 times

Advertisements

It would so great for Quick trip near GSP it would be nice to hae near there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 08:03 AM

A Quick trip would great near GSP also at the old Army Buliding on Lauren's RD tear it down and put a Southern Tide store there also a other Quick trip would great near SC/NC line , also a Ihop would great near the SC/NC line

Old 05-19-2014, 08:53 AM

34 posts, read 76,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL fan View Post
A Quick trip would great near GSP also at the old Army Buliding on Lauren's RD tear it down and put a Southern Tide store there also a other Quick trip would great near SC/NC line , also a Ihop would great near the SC/NC line
A quick trip would be great at the border of NC/SC right off 25. I think Popeye's is a better fit than an Ihop right there at the border. Maybe they could combine the two and make it a Hopeyes. Pancakes and fried chicken, nothing better.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:02 AM

696 posts, read 1,335,605 times
I'm personally not a fan of seeing TR grow too much, too quickly. Several years ago, after coming back to TR for a visit, it was a huge shock seeing a Wal-Mart there. The Main St revitalization is nice, and it's nice, quaint growth, the kind that fits with TR's vibe. When I go towards Greenville, TR is my typical destination. It still has that small town feel, and I hope it stays that way for many more years.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:16 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezire2feel View Post
A quick trip would be great at the border of NC/SC right off 25. I think Popeye's is a better fit than an Ihop right there at the border. Maybe they could combine the two and make it a Hopeyes. Pancakes and fried chicken, nothing better.
It is hard to develop something along United State 25 at the North Carolina state line. Any commercial development would have to be at Bob's Creek Road (exit 1) or Green River Road (exit 3). I doubt there are many sites worthy for commercial development.

QuikTrip does not have locations in Henderson and Buncombe counties. There is a chain called Quick Trip scattered throughout Asheville. Take notice of the separate chains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsinphilly View Post
I'm personally not a fan of seeing TR grow too much, too quickly. Several years ago, after coming back to TR for a visit, it was a huge shock seeing a Wal-Mart there. The Main St revitalization is nice, and it's nice, quaint growth, the kind that fits with TR's vibe. When I go towards Greenville, TR is my typical destination. It still has that small town feel, and I hope it stays that way for many more years.
I am curious to see how Travelers Rest grows through annexation in coming years. Just over a year ago, Furman University was annexed into the city of Travelers Rest after changing fire service agreements to the city from Duncan Chapel.

Duncan Chapel's fire service area is quite smaller. They do have plans for a second station on Foothills Road off United States 25 to serve Green Valley.

If the city of Travelers Rest annexes Green Valley and the surrounding areas of Furman University, one wonders if Duncan Chapel will survive.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:40 AM

Ok cool did not know that a Quick Trip would be nice at Bob' s Creek road )exit 1 ) on the SC/NC border also a Popeyes would great next to it this would great for this area also like to see a New Ingels IN TR at the old Plant alao a Cracker Barrel would great IN TR at the old Ingels In TR I would like to see a Big lots a nice one also a Long Horns , White Castle, Firehouse Subs Sweet Fog , DQ , all In TR also a alao a Ihop would be nice near GSP also a Days INN at GSP would great near GSP also a Publix would great near GSP as well

Old 05-19-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Ok cool did not know that a Quick Trip would be nice at Bob' s Creek road )exit 1 ) on the SC/NC border also a Popeyes would great next to it this would great for this area also like to see a New Ingels IN TR at the old Plant alao a Cracker Barrel would great IN TR at the old Ingels In TR I would like to see a Big lots a nice one also a Long Horns , White Castle, Firehouse Subs Sweet Fog , DQ , all In TR also a alao a Ihop would be nice near GSP also a Days INN at GSP would great near GSP also a Publix would great near GSP as well
If Ingle's owns the former M-Tex site and builds a new store 40, the retail center with old store 40 could be razed to make way for outparcels.

I think Cracker Barrel would have more room and visibility locating along South End Circle with a new Ingle's or on Krieger Drive next to Auto Zone.

Speaking on Krieger Drive, is anyone aware of plans for a signalized intersection with it, Little Texas Road and Benton Road?

I would second a Publix near Pelham Medical Center. Pelham-Batesville is in need of a supermarket. It is close to Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:59 PM

A Ingels would great for the old M-Tex site then razed the old Ingles and put a DQ there Cracker Barrel would great near the Auto Zone don't of any plans Litlle Teaxs Road and Benton road but that sign has been there for a long time a Long horns steak house would great for that area or a world market also a Publix would be great near Pelham Medical Center

Old 05-22-2014, 02:06 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,360,005 times
Quote:
A Ingels would great for the old M-Tex site then razed the old Ingles and put a DQ there Cracker Barrel would great near the Auto Zone don't of any plans Litlle Teaxs Road and Benton road but that sign has been there for a long time a Long horns steak house would great for that area or a world market also a Publix would be great near Pelham Medical Center
I am surprised Publix or some other supermarket has not taken over the old Food Lion/Bloom store on Hwy. 14. Seems like there would be a need for a grocery store in that area, and that is a nice building at a good location.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I would second a Publix near Pelham Medical Center. Pelham-Batesville is in need of a supermarket. It is close to Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I am surprised Publix or some other supermarket has not taken over the old Food Lion/Bloom store on Hwy. 14. Seems like there would be a need for a grocery store in that area, and that is a nice building at a good location.
I think Publix and Ingle's are aware of Food Lion's problems of accessibility to locations, lack of necessities including pharmacy and small stores. I think the Bloom store was about 40,000 square feet, but I do not know the exact space size.

The retail component of Village at Pelham was to have a 45,000 square feet grocery store with a pharmacy, typical of Publix. This idea fizzled out.

As more houses are built along North Batesville Road, Anderson Ridge Road and Abner Creek Road, the need for a supermarket and pharmacy will grow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area