Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 02:17 PM

477 posts, read 841,303 times

Advertisements

Can you use one outside antenna for two (or more) different TVs? (upstairs, downstairs)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 03:24 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,666,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto7SC View Post
Can you use one outside antenna for two (or more) different TVs? (upstairs, downstairs)
Yes, I reversed the cable layout in our house so that the antenna fed two TVs and a dual tuner.

Old 08-05-2015, 05:05 PM

684 posts, read 1,186,866 times
I'll admit to googling somehow using my gutters as an antenna before. I was highly disappointed.

But any old splitter can split the signal from an antenna to as many TVs as you want.

Old 08-05-2015, 05:44 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,364,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohtalim View Post
I'll admit to googling somehow using my gutters as an antenna before. I was highly disappointed.

But any old splitter can split the signal from an antenna to as many TVs as you want.
When you split the signal to 3 or 4 TVs you may want to use a distribution amplifier, which serves as an amplified splitter. It will compensate for signal loss from multiple splits or long cable runs. The Channel Master distribution amps made by PCT are very good, and can be ordered directly from their online store or through Amazon. But if a regular splitter is adequate, then the Ideal splitters at Lowe's or Home Depot are recommended.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:54 PM

5,675 posts, read 5,885,028 times
SO what networks can you get around here with just an antenna? I hear about all these channels, but I don't need 5 channels of the major networks!

Old 08-05-2015, 08:04 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,447,597 times
TV station finder Just put in your zip code and it will let you know stations you can recieve
https://www.tablotv.com/tools/

Old 08-05-2015, 08:48 PM

Cool, thanks! It basically says just the main networks here, so Ill just keep paying my satellite bill! Not enough on "locals" that I watch anyways.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:25 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,364,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
SO what networks can you get around here with just an antenna? I hear about all these channels, but I don't need 5 channels of the major networks!
You should receive all of the local network affiliates, although ABC-13 from Asheville can be problematic. You can also receive some network affiliates from Charlotte, NC including CBS channel WBTV-3 which is the strongest signal. There are also several subchannels including MeTV, Grit TV, Movies, Escape, Cozi, and Bounce.

Old 08-06-2015, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
You should receive all of the local network affiliates, although ABC-13 from Asheville can be problematic. You can also receive some network affiliates from Charlotte, NC including CBS channel WBTV-3 which is the strongest signal. There are also several subchannels including MeTV, Grit TV, Movies, Escape, Cozi, and Bounce.

So whats the point and thrill of having, say, (From your reply), 2 CBS channels, that show basically the same thing, 2 NBC channels that do the same, etc.........I guess if a OTA antenna is all anyone ever had its a big deal, but Ive had satellite in some form since the 80s, and just cant see not being with out it, since, as I said, theres not much on locals I watch, except the news.

Old 08-06-2015, 04:36 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,666,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
So whats the point and thrill of having, say, (From your reply), 2 CBS channels, that show basically the same thing, 2 NBC channels that do the same, etc.........I guess if a OTA antenna is all anyone ever had its a big deal, but Ive had satellite in some form since the 80s, and just cant see not being with out it, since, as I said, theres not much on locals I watch, except the news.
The local news is pretty much all we care about on the Antenna. Everything else we get from Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, etc, but local news is one of the few things that's a bit lacking in a primarily streaming setup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area