Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 03:55 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times

Advertisements

BI-LO #5704 has been in the process of closing. It has reduced the hours of operation, it has closed several service departments including pharmacy, and associates have transferred to other stores. Its closing date is unknown yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 08:14 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,871,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
BI-LO #5704 has been in the process of closing. It has reduced the hours of operation, it has closed several service departments including pharmacy, and associates have transferred to other stores. Its closing date is unknown yet.
Hope you are right; would look forward to a different store there.

Old 06-14-2017, 08:54 AM

4,602 posts, read 6,022,762 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
Hope you are right; would look forward to a different store there.
I am surprised that they haven't tried to sell the Verdae store and the North Main/14 store in Simpsonville to Publix or HT. Not sure if they lease or own, but those were BI-LO's latest and I'm guessing most valuable/expensive(if lease).

Publix picked up similar Super BI-LO stores in the Charlotte area.

Old 06-14-2017, 09:03 AM

I think a Publix supermarket is proposed on Laurens Road between Marketplace Drive and Verdae Commons Boulevard. The bad thing about that location is there is not a connection into Verdae between Woodruff Road and Verdae Boulevard. Publix has no problem obliterating BI-LO.

Harris Teeter also took on a BI-LO in Greensboro, North Carolina.

It would not surprise me if more BI-LO stores are affected in another wave of store closings.

Old 06-14-2017, 06:19 PM

94 posts, read 111,253 times
Quote:
I think a Publix supermarket is proposed on Laurens Road between Marketplace Drive and Verdae Commons Boulevard. .
This keeps being mentioned in here, but there doesn't seem to be any solid evidence to support it. I know the management team at the McAlister Square Publix pretty well and I have discussed this with them. They say they have not heard a single peep about the possibility of this from their Regional Manager. You would think it would have come up at some point if it were any truth to it.

Old 06-14-2017, 09:14 PM

The "Preliminary major subdivision at Henderson Road and Laurens Road" proposal could be circumstantial evidence. If you look at the ninth and tenth pages you can make out a grocer between Verdae Commons Drive and Market Place Drive with a pharmacy drive thru closer to Market Place Drive. Square footage for the proposed grocery tenant is not known.

Old 06-16-2017, 08:16 PM

94 posts, read 111,253 times
I guess I have just seen too many master plans and artist's renderings that really have little basis in reality. When I lived in FL, for about eight years that I was there, I probably saw ten different plans for shopping centers around the bay area that had a tenant that was obviously a Trader Joe's. Not a single one was actually a TJs once the center was built. We finally got a stand alone TJ's a few years later.

Old 07-08-2017, 04:40 PM

177 posts, read 422,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
Bi-Lo is the K-Mart of grocery stores. Both felt cheap and cold. They should just go ahead and close all stores.
Their employees are consistently rude. I'd rather pay a bit more and shop at Publix and not end up in a bad mood.

Old 11-11-2017, 09:55 AM

BI-LO has ran its course. A quantity of quality store locations could be acquired by competitors. Southeastern Grocers is on the course of failure as A&P ran to its demise.

Old 11-11-2017, 10:28 AM

4,899 posts, read 7,450,197 times
Every BiLo I have been in has smelled sour. I really like Publix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area