Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2020, 12:04 AM
NDL NDL started this thread

4,518 posts, read 5,649,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
Silver Bay grilled grouper, baked potato and salad. Sweet tea. Throw in a few hush puppies too.
I have a fish allergy, so I can only imagine what grilled grouper tastes like

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushCreek View Post
Pretty much the same things we eat now! We did get take-out Farmhouse Tacos, but it would have been better at the restaurant.
Farmhouse Tacos sound delicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Anything I didn’t have to cook myself! And, I enjoy cooking but this is getting tiresome. Lol
It is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Actually Chick-fil-a is one of the places I trust the most now.

Looking forward to eating a burger at Bad Daddy's Burger Bar on Augusta or Woodruff. Just like the atmosphere dining in there.
Big Daddy's is good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Nothing just yet because everywhere will be packed, but the first place Im going is Texas Roadhouse!
Another good choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
When I read the headline, I had to laugh. I thought to myself, I already have been eating everything being stuck in

I am going to say some good Chinese food or NY pizza from Della's.
No, no, no, no, nooooooo....granted you're in Asheville, which is a drive away, but you can't mention pizza without getting deeper.

Where's Della's; what are their specialties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2trvl View Post
Schwaben House and Strip Club 104, can't wait!
Great sounding choices (because I have never been).

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Waffles.
You gotta get you a waffle iron then. Homemade waffles can come out as good as anything you can get outside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2020, 07:13 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Nothing just yet because everywhere will be packed, but the first place Im going is Texas Roadhouse!
I believe we are going to see restaurants operating much differently when things "reopen". I believe most restaurants will have to remove up to half of it's seating to social distance diners. I doubt if people will be packed in the waiting area or around the bar for a table to open up. Probably have to make reservations everywhere now to eat. Stay in your car until you get a text that your table is available.

Restaurants will have to adapt to this new normal by having smaller and quicker to make items on their menus so they can churn people in and out faster.

Fast food places like Chick-fil-a and McD's should seriously think about removing the playgrounds. With less seating being available, people should not linger in a booth while their kids play for an hour. Plus opening up the playground space will give them more dining space for social distancing.

Old 04-13-2020, 08:44 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
No, no, no, no, nooooooo....granted you're in Asheville, which is a drive away, but you can't mention pizza without getting deeper.

Where's Della's; what are their specialties?

Great sounding choices (because I have never been).
Delicious Italian food and pizza. Their sauce is amazing which they do sell. They also do lunch specials. It's a must try for sure.

Dellaventura's Pizzeria – From our family to yours since 1972

Old 04-13-2020, 01:42 PM

207 posts, read 216,501 times
I'm gonna try that bat soup everyone has been talking about.

Old 04-13-2020, 07:09 PM
NDL NDL started this thread

4,518 posts, read 5,649,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Delicious Italian food and pizza. Their sauce is amazing which they do sell. They also do lunch specials. It's a must try for sure.

Dellaventura's Pizzeria – From our family to yours since 1972
Thank you Becky ...we did eat there once, to get a sample of what they offer, although we've been meaning to go back to enjoy a full meal.

Good prices, friendly servers, and fair prices. We'll try them again soon ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I believe we are going to see restaurants operating much differently when things "reopen". I believe most restaurants will have to remove up to half of it's seating to social distance diners. I doubt if people will be packed in the waiting area or around the bar for a table to open up. Probably have to make reservations everywhere now to eat. Stay in your car until you get a text that your table is available.

Restaurants will have to adapt to this new normal by having smaller and quicker to make items on their menus so they can churn people in and out faster.

Fast food places like Chick-fil-a and McD's should seriously think about removing the playgrounds. With less seating being available, people should not linger in a booth while their kids play for an hour. Plus opening up the playground space will give them more dining space for social distancing.
Yours is the most vexing post that I have seen in a long time, and not because of you personally.

If you're right, and I am afraid that you might be, the ramifications to Americans...(I can't even complete my sentence).

Could you imagine the cost of reconfiguring ice cream shops, coffee houses, etc? I would imagine that ice cream shops would have to reconfigure in a way similar to the old walk up ice cream windows. Ice cream cones for $6 to recoup the costs of reconfiguring?

And coffee houses?

Diner and restaurant floor space cut in half?

Baseball and concert venues?

This boggles the mind; "smartgrowth" and "smartplanning" initiatives have labored, for years, to build a sense of community between citizens, and the virus protocols are throwing us in the other direction.

Old 04-13-2020, 11:48 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Chicken Nuggies.

Old 04-14-2020, 04:07 AM

604 posts, read 584,082 times
Is Dellaventura's open for take-out during this situation? We're doing take-out every Friday to support local businesses.

Old 04-14-2020, 05:32 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
Yours is the most vexing post that I have seen in a long time, and not because of you personally.

If you're right, and I am afraid that you might be, the ramifications to Americans...(I can't even complete my sentence).

Could you imagine the cost of reconfiguring ice cream shops, coffee houses, etc? I would imagine that ice cream shops would have to reconfigure in a way similar to the old walk up ice cream windows. Ice cream cones for $6 to recoup the costs of reconfiguring?

And coffee houses?

Diner and restaurant floor space cut in half?

Baseball and concert venues?

This boggles the mind; "smartgrowth" and "smartplanning" initiatives have labored, for years, to build a sense of community between citizens, and the virus protocols are throwing us in the other direction.
I hope I'm wrong. But so many people are buying into this panic. A new study just came out from Germany that says social distancing could be making this whole thing worse. And the chances of getting the virus from a surface is extremely remote. We need more of this research done before we start making drastic, wholesale changes to our way of life.

Old 04-14-2020, 06:29 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,758,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I hope I'm wrong. But so many people are buying into this panic. A new study just came out from Germany that says social distancing could be making this whole thing worse. And the chances of getting the virus from a surface is extremely remote. We need more of this research done before we start making drastic, wholesale changes to our way of life.
Nonsense. Anyway, back to the subject of this thread. I’m looking forward to a fish taco and a bang- bang shrimp taco from White Duck Taco.

Old 04-14-2020, 08:24 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Agree. Most people have short memories. All forgotten once an event passes. Back to not doing things like washing hands for many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area