Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2023, 05:39 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times

Advertisements

In-N-Out is officially heading EAST. Plans to set up shop in eastern Tennessee beginning in 2026. Currently the farthest they go is Texas.

With all of the burger eating aficionados in the Upstate, maybe will be graced with their presence before the end of the decade! At the very least, they may be within a day's drive for most of us. Pigeon Forge area perhaps? The article says however, that they plan to open an area office in Williamson County, TN, which is south of Nashville.

With so many Californians leaving that state and moving to red states, it does seem like a good time to expand. In-N-Out is not planning to be in every state.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ssee-2026.html

Last edited by USNRET04; 01-11-2023 at 05:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2023, 02:55 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
In-N-Out is officially heading EAST. Plans to set up shop in eastern Tennessee beginning in 2026. Currently the farthest they go is Texas.

With all of the burger eating aficionados in the Upstate, maybe will be graced with their presence before the end of the decade! At the very least, they may be within a day's drive for most of us. Pigeon Forge area perhaps? The article says however, that they plan to open an area office in Williamson County, TN, which is south of Nashville.

With so many Californians leaving that state and moving to red states, it does seem like a good time to expand. In-N-Out is not planning to be in every state.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ssee-2026.html
Exciting to hear In N Out has reversed strategy and decided to head further east. They had previously said they would not venture past Texas. Now they are apparently setting up shop in the Nashville region where Whataburger has also recently expanded. But so far no plans for Knoxville or Pigeon Forge in eastern Tennessee. If that happens, then perhaps Atlanta, Charlotte and an Upstate infill may be a possibility. Remains to be seen. But supposedly Whataburger will finally be coming to the Upstate later this year. Already in Atlanta.

Old 01-11-2023, 03:22 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Exciting to hear In N Out has reversed strategy and decided to head further east. They had previously said they would not venture past Texas. Now they are apparently setting up shop in the Nashville region where Whataburger has also recently expanded. But so far no plans for Knoxville or Pigeon Forge in eastern Tennessee. If that happens, then perhaps Atlanta, Charlotte and an Upstate infill may be a possibility. Remains to be seen. But supposedly Whataburger will finally be coming to the Upstate later this year. Already in Atlanta.

Maybe they can take over some of the many Jack in the Box locations that sit vacant.

I'm exaggerating. I think..

I know one in Simpsonville became Taco loco (I think) and has been vacant for a long time.. The other one in Simpsonville is a Tropical Grill..

anyone have a better accounting of them? What ever happened to their one on Woodruff Rd? I believe N Pleasantburg is still open?

Old 01-11-2023, 03:31 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Maybe they can take over some of the many Jack in the Box locations that sit vacant.

I'm exaggerating. I think..

I know one in Simpsonville became Taco loco (I think) and has been vacant for a long time.. The other one in Simpsonville is a Tropical Grill..

anyone have a better accounting of them? What ever happened to their one on Woodruff Rd? I believe N Pleasantburg is still open?
The Jack in the Box in Five Forks remains open. But the other Woodruff Rd. site is now Panda Express. Both Pleasantburg locations remain open, but sometimes they are drive thru only.

I am still disappointed the previously announced return of Checkers has not occurred. Perhaps they waited too late and Cook-Out has taken over.

Old 01-11-2023, 03:57 PM

Quote:
The Jack in the Box in Five Forks remains open. But the other Woodruff Rd. site is now Panda Express. Both Pleasantburg locations remain open, but sometimes they are drive thru only.

I am still disappointed the previously announced return of Checkers has not occurred. Perhaps they waited too late and Cook-Out has taken over.

That's my theory.

The Checkers we had back in the day were pretty good. I actually enjoyed them.. And even the Rally's that was there on E North St.. (Yeah, I know they're the exact same company)..

But.. and, yes, I absolutely realize the words I'm using here.. Those words being "in Florida".. Which should just automatically come with an asterix beside it...

In Florida.. Checkers leaves MUCH to be desired so far as cleanliness of the stores. Some of them will make a KFC look like a sparking palace.

I also will say that just like here.. They closed a Checkers in Gadsden, AL and it's being turned into a Cook Out... My mistake, that was a Rally's.

They're doing the same thing they did with the one on Laurens Rd.. Tearing the building down and building new. Of course.. The fact that someone drove a car through the one in AL could have something to do with that. Also something to do with why the Rally's closed..

But, Cook Out really seems to pick up on the closed Checkers/Rallys locations and take them over.

Old 01-11-2023, 05:32 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:

The Jack in the Box next to Ingles at Cherrydale is still operating too. The former one behind the mall on Congaree @Halton Rd was converted to a Clock Restaurant. Pelham Rd in front of Lowes Foods is now a Taco Bell. The Berea JitB (across from the White Horse Walmart) became a Verison store but now sits vacant again.

Old 01-14-2023, 07:33 PM

1,844 posts, read 2,761,559 times
Honduran restaurant El Rincon Catracho for the former Mr EggO on N Pleasantburg.

Old 01-20-2023, 12:40 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Pasta Project coming to Five Forks (330 Scuffletown Rd). New fast casual concept restaurant from the founders of Tropical Grill and owners of Basilico Pizzeria. Looking forward to seeing what this will be like.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Past...0083210536851/

Old 01-20-2023, 01:33 PM

1,110 posts, read 671,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
In-N-Out is not planning to be in every state.
My understanding is that In-N-Out trucks fresh ingredients to their locations daily (fresh, not-frozen beef, fries made on-prem). If this is still the case it's understandable that they can't be everywhere.

Old 01-20-2023, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA Bubbleup View Post
My understanding is that In-N-Out trucks fresh ingredients to their locations daily (fresh, not-frozen beef, fries made on-prem). If this is still the case it's understandable that they can't be everywhere.

Cook Out does something similar to my understanding.

Select stores.. I believe the one in Mauldin is one.. Prepare all the beef and it's distributed to other (smaller) stores. My understanding.. Cook Out is always fresh beef, not frozen.

I'm not sure i'm right, I don't know all the details. But something along those lines is what I was told when I asked why the Mauldin location was so large for not having a dining room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area