Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2023, 08:03 AM

36 posts, read 23,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I'm sure someone has mentioned them here before.. but.. Hip Burger. Wow. Impressed.

Struck me as.. They seemed quite similar to In-n-Out

It was a very good burger, and made even better by the price. The price point on it elevated it from good to great.
You should try the chicken with their "chick" sauce. Really good food. Imo, their nuggets are some of the best around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2023, 06:44 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Rendering of the new Sprout's coming to North Hills Center on E. North St./ Shopping Center getting a multi million dollar renovation.

https://www.wyff4.com/article/new-sp...enter/43908215

Old 05-18-2023, 11:58 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,877,474 times
The Farehouse opening another location in Fountain Inn in the old Jpeters restaurant. Sign says coming Fall 2023. There is work going on at the old Mutaual Home Store buildings, and the old Fountain Inn Auto Parts store (again) but I havent heard anything on those.

Old 05-18-2023, 12:59 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
The Farehouse opening another location in Fountain Inn in the old Jpeters restaurant. Sign says coming Fall 2023. There is work going on at the old Mutaual Home Store buildings, and the old Fountain Inn Auto Parts store (again) but I havent heard anything on those.

yeah.. Seems they can't get anyone to commit to those buildings. At one point, a concept called Strike Inn was supposed to go in one of them.. I believe whatever building was just up from the Clock.. But apparently negotiations on the building fell through.. I'm sure COVID probably played a part..

But, it was basically going to be a kinda niche duck-pin bowling alley.

Old 05-18-2023, 01:27 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,877,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
yeah.. Seems they can't get anyone to commit to those buildings. At one point, a concept called Strike Inn was supposed to go in one of them.. I believe whatever building was just up from the Clock.. But apparently negotiations on the building fell through.. I'm sure COVID probably played a part..

But, it was basically going to be a kinda niche duck-pin bowling alley.
Last I heard the family that owned the building back out of selling it at the last minute on that deal. (Greed)

There was a big sign taped to the front window several weeks ago, but I never got to read what it said. Then week before last the lights were back on inside and there has been a car or truck parked on the side every day since. I dont know how far Bobby (Who use to own the place) went as far as cleanup of the old toxic chemicals used for parts cleaning way back when, but I had also heard some of those were still present in the ground and had to be cleaned up which is one reason the duck bowling never happened, but I think it was more greed than anything.

Almost forgot the old seed mill is being turned into a small market type place with a brewery!

Old 05-18-2023, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Last I heard the family that owned the building back out of selling it at the last minute on that deal. (Greed)

There was a big sign taped to the front window several weeks ago, but I never got to read what it said. Then week before last the lights were back on inside and there has been a car or truck parked on the side every day since. I dont know how far Bobby (Who use to own the place) went as far as cleanup of the old toxic chemicals used for parts cleaning way back when, but I had also heard some of those were still present in the ground and had to be cleaned up which is one reason the duck bowling never happened, but I think it was more greed than anything.

Almost forgot the old seed mill is being turned into a small market type place with a brewery!

I hate that place didn't happen. Duck Pin bowling is a ton of fun.. Great for kids as well and that would have been, if I'm not mistaken, the only Duck Pin alley in South Carolina.

Old 05-19-2023, 11:10 AM

25 posts, read 12,306 times
I went back for a few posts and didn’t see it mentioned, but I just saw on TV that a place called “Mr. Fries Man” was open on Halton Road. Has anyone tried it yet, how was it?

Old 05-19-2023, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boykinlp View Post
I went back for a few posts and didn’t see it mentioned, but I just saw on TV that a place called “Mr. Fries Man” was open on Halton Road. Has anyone tried it yet, how was it?

People on the Greenville Foodies facebook group have been going a touch nuts over it.

I haven't tried it, but.. The people that have on that FB group seem to be.. ,Very high on it.

Old 05-19-2023, 11:24 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boykinlp View Post
These dudes reviewed it on YT. Looks good but Pri-cey! $15- $17 for fries? Looks like enough for 2 to 3 meals though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IMzFHtFw7E

Old 05-19-2023, 11:44 AM

25 posts, read 12,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
These dudes reviewed it on YT. Looks good but Pri-cey! $15- $17 for fries? Looks like enough for 2 to 3 meals though.
OMG, $17 for fries plus junk is CRAZY! Video was kinda funny, they seemed to eat forever and hardly made a dent in the food. They were right about being able to sit down and eat a pretty decent meal for $17. Having OAN on TV here in Greenville is probably not a good idea either!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area