Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 04:24 PM

44 posts, read 252,117 times

Advertisements

Greetings, all.

I'm getting my equipment ready for leaf season, but in the meantime I've posted one new panorama that I think everyone will enjoy. It's the view of lake Jocassee from Jumping off rock. It's the most spectacular view I've seen in this area by far. It's about 30 minutes West of Pickens, then an hour or so on a twisty, bumpy gravel former logging road. It's well worth the trip, though. Enjoy.

gigapan: Lake Jocassee from Jumping Off Rock - Oconee County, SC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 04:57 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,664,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosleyh View Post
Greetings, all.

I'm getting my equipment ready for leaf season, but in the meantime I've posted one new panorama that I think everyone will enjoy. It's the view of lake Jocassee from Jumping off rock. It's the most spectacular view I've seen in this area by far. It's about 30 minutes West of Pickens, then an hour or so on a twisty, bumpy gravel former logging road. It's well worth the trip, though. Enjoy.

gigapan: Lake Jocassee from Jumping Off Rock - Oconee County, SC

Great picture! Definitely on my list of places to go once we move up.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:15 PM

Leaf season is pretty much over. That's the bad news.

The good news is that I've begun to catch up on stitching panoramas together. I've posted roughly 20 new ones, and have updated my website accordingly.

You can see them all at

Gigapan Images

The new stuff is in Gallery #4, Waterfalls, and Whitewater Falls.

Enjoy!

(I plan to add a few more, and some videos of the falls, but that may take a while longer. . .)

Old 11-18-2009, 07:41 PM

For those of you who are familiar with the "Medusa Tree", I've added something to the Falls Park section of my site that you may enjoy.

The first waterfall video is in that section as well.

I hope you enjoy them both.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:02 AM

I was up WAY too late last night.

Two new panoramas added at the bottom of this page:

Gigapan Images (http://thehardyfamily.net/page1/page6/page6.html - broken link)

Several video snippets added to the waterfall listings on this page:

Gigapan Images (http://thehardyfamily.net/page1/page26/page26.html - broken link)

. . .and a couple on this page:

Gigapan Images (http://thehardyfamily.net/page1/page25/page25.html - broken link)

And the Medusa Tree HDR panorama is on this page:

Gigapan Images (http://thehardyfamily.net/page1/page4/page4.html - broken link)

(be sure to click one of the snapshots at the bottom of it)

also, most of the panorama viewers on the site are now larger and easier to see.

Old 12-04-2009, 09:13 AM

2 posts, read 40,733 times
All I can say is WOW!

Old 12-04-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wama View Post
All I can say is WOW!

Thank you - I'm glad you enjoyed them!

Old 12-09-2009, 09:12 AM

67 posts, read 135,245 times
I really enjoyed your pictures! Thanks so much for sharing them

Old 03-02-2010, 10:49 PM

44 posts, read 93,181 times
That is SUPER COOL! I almost felt wrong looking at the pictures of the people, like I was spying on them using the trees as a toilet. And a little creeped out like they were doing something so horrible I shouldn't be looking. Anyway, I really enjoyed them. I'm wondering if it was I you were referring to...I visited in Sept. for an interview (for my husband) and I had heard how people decide they're moving to Greenville after one visit. Downtown really is beautiful but I wasn't impressed with the rest. We are moving despite all that, so I hope my opinion changes very quickly! I'm having a more open mind when we visit this weekend!

Old 03-02-2010, 10:59 PM

44 posts, read 93,181 times
Okay I think I just realized why this freaks me out. I've had reoccurring nightmares (since I was a child) of falling from high places whether it be the top of the steps, a mountain, the sky...when the camera zooms in on a subject, it's exactly how I see it in my dreams, my stomach drops! The worst one was when it zoomed in on the guy with the earphones on in the field.....scary! Just thought I'd share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area