Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 08:52 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,790,694 times

Advertisements

I vote for answering the door naked, but with a bong in one hand and a box of condoms in the other. That'll either get you off their list, or put to the top of it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 10:50 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,840,812 times
if you say no thank you, or use another polite gesture, I don't see any reason why you should have to continue the conversation, I usually tell them my father grandfather and uncle are ministers and that I am well versed in religion, and not interested in chatting(this is the truth).

If they attempt to continue I tell them to have a nice day and shut the door. I don't think its rude if you tell someone you are not interested and they continue on. Actually, I think its rude of them to continue when you have politely let them know you are not interested, its the same with salespeople really.

Of course this is all IMO, here in the definition of solicit, in case anyone cares [b]solicit - To persistently endeavor to obtain an object, or bring about an event/B] that to me includes solicitors of jesus, lol I know that sounds mean, and I don't mean it that way, but thats how I feel

Old 12-02-2009, 03:51 PM

12 posts, read 19,765 times
I've played around with the notion of telling them I worship goats, and it's almost sacrifice time. Would they like to join me?

Old 12-02-2009, 04:11 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,862,932 times
There are two groups that have annual conventions in my city. They usually visit in pairs. I don't agree with the doctrine of either one of these two religions. Instead of slamming the door in their face I put together several pages of research I had done with Biblical references refuting certain "errors" in their doctrine. When a pair of these missionairies would knock on the door I would accept their literature and give them the handouts I had prepared. I would then tell them I would read their literature and if they read my handout and wanted to discuss it they could come back the next day. Funny thing they never return the next day.

GL2

Old 12-02-2009, 04:49 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,782,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
I've played around with the notion of telling them I worship goats, and it's almost sacrifice time. Would they like to join me?
I've always wanted to go to "Rocky Springs Super Baptist Walmart Church" in Easley and release a few animals in the place. Would be a riot.

Old 12-02-2009, 05:34 PM

153 posts, read 937,230 times
I just let the dogs launch themselves at the screen door and bark like crazy and that does the trick. If anyone is stupid enough to continue knocking I grab onto a dog by the collar, crack the door and yell out, "I'm sorry, I can't hold him! He's not trained yet!!"

And they scamper away.

Not true at all, I could have all three of them lieing down by my feet if I wanted too, but it's much more fun this way. For me at least.

I rarely get anyone trying to sell me religion anymore. Word must have spread.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:21 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,254,914 times
I"ve said, "I'm Catholic", "I'm Jewish", "I'm Atheist", "No thank you", "No, I don't want your tract" and swiftly close the door. After 60 years of this, I like Adam D's goat more and more.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:17 AM

22 posts, read 57,561 times
i say no thanks

then if that doesnt work, then

GTFO!!

Old 12-06-2009, 05:00 PM

108 posts, read 371,683 times
I use the dogs myself - they are trained when I ask them to be, but for most people at the door I don't ask them to chill lol.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:00 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,965,986 times
Boy, some of you guys are really nasty. Unless someone won't take no for an answer, or bothers you repeatedly, I have to think your moms wouldn't be too proud of some of these answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area