Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 12:20 PM

19 posts, read 55,581 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am moving to Simpsonville with my husband and 10 year old son. We are looking for a neighborhood where you open the door and there are kids for my son to hang out with. We have looked at Neely Farm, Holly Tree, River Walk, etc. My concern is that some of these neighborhoods don't have a lot of kids. My son having lots of friends within walking or bike riding distance is more important than anything else. Any suggestions?

Our price range is $300 - $350K and we won't settle for a neighborhood without the community pool ! I think most neighborhoods have this though.

Any help would be so much appreciated.

Thanks so much!
Angie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 02:22 PM

15 posts, read 41,415 times
Default Gilder Creek Farm

I recently moved to Gilder Creek Farm, with my husband and 5-year-old son. There are always children out on the sidewalks in nice weather - riding their bikes and playing. It's a very kid-friendly community, with a pool of course.
Average price range is mid-200s, so may be lower than what you're looking for, though.

Old 01-21-2010, 03:59 PM

511 posts, read 1,522,764 times
Default Simpsonville

Have you checked journalhomes.com to look at neighborhoods. It may be helpful.

Old 01-21-2010, 04:31 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowballjack View Post
Hi,
I am moving to Simpsonville with my husband and 10 year old son. We are looking for a neighborhood where you open the door and there are kids for my son to hang out with. We have looked at Neely Farm, Holly Tree, River Walk, etc. My concern is that some of these neighborhoods don't have a lot of kids. My son having lots of friends within walking or bike riding distance is more important than anything else. Any suggestions?

Our price range is $300 - $350K and we won't settle for a neighborhood without the community pool ! I think most neighborhoods have this though.

Any help would be so much appreciated.

Thanks so much!
Angie
I've lived in the Upstate for almost 3 years and I don't think a development that's not teeming with kids exists. My wife and I always comment how many kids there are here, compared to California, where we came from.

To answer your question,my dad lives in River Shoals off of W.Gerogia Rd. They have really nice homes in the mid 400's to moderately priced homes from the 180's. They have an awesome pool with a lazy river, a playground and there are always lots of kids out playing.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:50 AM

Wow! Thanks everyone, this is very encouraging. I love the details, like that about Gilder Creek. I actually prefer a smaller home, we don't need a castle, so the less expensive the better! More money to shop with.... I'm open to any more suggestions too. Thanks again :-)

Old 01-23-2010, 10:37 AM

1,016 posts, read 2,138,373 times
Take a look at Verdmont off of Harrison Bridge Rd. Good many children in there and it is close to everything on Fairview Rd. with easy access to 385.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:28 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,553,903 times
I thought there were a lot of kids in Neely farm? Don't they even have their own swim team?

Old 01-28-2010, 11:30 AM

Great suggestions, Neely Farm does have their own swim team. This is really helpful! Thanks again.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:07 AM

Just in case anyone else is looking for this, thought I'd let you know we moved to River Walk. It is amazing and exactly what I wanted. Kids everywhere, great neighbors, amazing pool and very active community.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:16 AM

207 posts, read 555,981 times
Glad you updated, snowballjack.

We are currently renting while we wait for our home to sell back in MA but River Walk really peaks my interest. I've driven by it several times and it looks lovely. The location also appears to be very convenient. What school is your son in? Is it Bethel? What do you think of it so far?

We have 3 little ones, ages 7,5,2 and having friends in the neighborhood is also important to us. Hearing that the neighbors are friendly is great too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area