Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2007, 08:24 PM

73 posts, read 345,347 times

Advertisements

Hi all you experts,
Could you please recommend some neighborhoods for us to look at while visiting in a couple of weeks. We are looking for good school districts, lots of families, larger size yards, houses around 250k. We are open to any part of greenville and suburbs so that doesn't really matter. Thanks...can't wait for our trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 11:11 PM

250 posts, read 1,212,390 times
My wife and I looked all around Greenville and finally ended up in Travelers Rest, so have a look at Northcliff/Poplar Forest in Travelers Rest.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:04 AM

286 posts, read 1,477,725 times
I too, prefer the northern part of the county.

Some standout neighborhoods to us were: Blue Ridge Plantation (just north of Greer), Silver Meadows (just north of Taylors) and Carillion (near Furman) Carillion is a neo-traditional neighborhood.

All three of these will have products from around $240,000 on up to the mid 300's.

If we wanted a neighborhood, it would have been Carillion.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:56 AM

Good point about Carilion. If we were moving into the area today and had the budget for it, that's where we'd be looking first. It's going to be a beautiful neighborhood when completely built out.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:02 AM

73 posts, read 345,347 times
Thanks everyone...will take a look at these. Also we are not opposed to older neighborhoods as long as there are families around.
This Carillon looks similar to some of these newer neighborhoods here like Avalon Park and Baldwin Park...is this correct Rested Traveler since I know you were previously here in central florida?

Old 05-31-2007, 09:22 AM

49 posts, read 254,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcie912 View Post
Thanks everyone...will take a look at these. Also we are not opposed to older neighborhoods as long as there are families around.
This Carillon looks similar to some of these newer neighborhoods here like Avalon Park and Baldwin Park...is this correct Rested Traveler since I know you were previously here in central florida?
I used to live in Avalon Park.... Similar, but no commercial/shopping/etc area.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcie912 View Post
That's correct, only without the "Main Street" component as Sam mentioned. I think Griffin Park (http://griffinpark.com/index.php - broken link) down in Simpsonville is supposed to have that component, if I understand correctly.

I left before the Naval Training Center was developed into Baldwin Park, but I would imagine that it's along the same lines.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:50 AM

167 posts, read 971,466 times
Is Carilon a community that has "Empty Nester's" residing there? We would love a lot that we are not on top of one another and approximately how close is it to G'ville Main St. It looks quit nice and it is going to have all the conveniences i.e. shopping, restaurants etc.? Any recommendations on the builders who are currently developing this community?

Old 05-31-2007, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOODTOGO View Post
Is Carilon a community that has "Empty Nester's" residing there? We would love a lot that we are not on top of one another and approximately how close is it to G'ville Main St. It looks quit nice and it is going to have all the conveniences i.e. shopping, restaurants etc.? Any recommendations on the builders who are currently developing this community?
I believe there's actually a bit of a mix. There are some lots that are over 1/2 acre with large homes for families. There are some lots that are less than 1/4 acre with small craftsman style cottages that (to me) appear to be geared more toward the empty nesters.

Carilion is in the northen part of the county near Furman University, so it's not overly convenient to downtown, but it is a short drive (about 6 miles or so). Here's a link to where it is on Google Maps. You can zoom out and see it's proximity to Furman and Downtown Greenville. As for shopping, it's near Cherrydale, but Cherrydale and Northern Greenville County in general lack the best shopping options so far (there is more development coming with more options, so stay tuned on that front).

I have no personal experience with any of the builders, but the developer (the Randolph Group) is fairly reasonable if you ever have to deal with them instead of the builder for anything (they developed my neighborhood and I had to go to them often because of a stormwater runoff issue caused by the then-builder).

Old 05-31-2007, 08:46 PM

282 posts, read 750,831 times
I would also recommend that you look in the Powdersville area.

Sheri Sanders
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area