Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2011, 08:22 PM

8 posts, read 30,047 times

Advertisements

I appologize, after reading the post it is a little confusing. There is one location on Haywood Rd in the old Wendy's location. The second is on Laurens Rd across from Dunkin Donuuts at East Atrium Drive. The owner has 2 other locations in Hickory, NC with future plans to open others in the upstate. It is locally owned and the website will be up soon. ST. LOUIS Burgers Home of the Original

Old 12-31-2011, 04:04 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,351,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgemacon View Post
There are two Hardee's in the middle GA area.never heard anything about a merger?
Back in the 90s Hardees bought Roy Rogers from Marriott Corporation. Roy's was very popular in the Mid Atlantic/Northeast and had better quality fast food that featured roast beef, burgers, and fried chicken. At that time, they introduced Roy's recipe chicken into the Hardees in the Southeast, while mistakingly coverting most of the Roy's in Va/Md to Hardees. The conversion backfired, as Hardees had inferior food quality, and was not liked in the Northeast. Those Hardees were changed back to Roy's, but were later sold to McDonald's. The remaining Hardees chain was acquired by CKE/Carl's Jr, which currently operates them today. Roy's is now rebuilding as an independent franchise operation.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:38 AM

28 posts, read 113,418 times
Just saw a big sign up next to the Brioso/compadre's plaza on Pleasantburg that announced the construction of a Bojangles. Was hoping for a Chipotle there,but maybe it's still in the works...

Does anybody know what is going up on the huge lots across from McDonald's/Hardee's on poinsett hwy just before downtown? When going by yesterday, I noticed a huge "GONE" sign slapped over the for sale post...

Old 01-01-2012, 08:38 AM

5,590 posts, read 15,374,908 times
Someone said it could be a new QT.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:17 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,232,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstic View Post
Bojangles sign spotted by cherrydale, in the area between the post office/compadre's/brioso and the spinx.

Hurray for more traffic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateRocks View Post
Just saw a big sign up next to the Brioso/compadre's plaza on Pleasantburg that announced the construction of a Bojangles. Was hoping for a Chipotle there,but maybe it's still in the works...
Bojangle's has good quality food. It has been looking at the Taylors and Cherrydale areas for future locations. It has had no luck in Taylors. One near Cherrydale will be successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Wish they would put a Popeyes Chicken here rather than another Bojangles. For spicy chicken, I prefer Popeyes which has locations in Columbia, Rock Hill, and Georgia. Also a Roy Rogers Roast Beef-Burgers-Chicken would be nice as well, but they are currently rebuilding in Virginia and Maryland after an unsuccessful Hardees merger. Hardees sold out to Carls Jr and Roy Rogers became an independent franchise after originally being operated by Marriott.
Popeye's is in the Asheville area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Firehouse Subs coming to Fairview Shoppes at 679 Fairview Road (located in front of Bi-Lo) in Simpsonville.
You can never go wrong with Firehouse Subs. I just wish there's one in the Cherrydale area. That will make my family very happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA. BOY View Post
There is a new restaurant that has opened up on Haywood Rd. and Laurens Rd.(across from DD) called ST. LOUIS Hamburgers..Home of the Original.. They serve hormone and steroid free hamburgers. BIG burgers and Big taste. Give them a try!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Dunkin Donuts is located at Laurens Road and East Antrim Drive, not Haywood Road. Do you mean that intersection instead?
Quote:
It is located in the old Wendy's on Haywood Road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
Thanks. That is nowhere near Laurens Road and I can't think of a DD in that area as well. St. Louis is known to have great burgers, so I'll definitely visit this place soon.
Quote:
^Yeah, I don't know where he got Laurens Road or Dunkin Donuts from.
DD is Dunkin Donuts. There is not a Dunkin Donuts on Haywood Road. That is why I asked about it being near Laurens Road at East Antrim Drive where there is a Dunkin Donuts.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:19 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,351,784 times
I think Popeyes pulled out of Asheville. Still wish they would put one here instead of yet another Bojangles. Also, a Rush's would be great, but they don't ever expand out of Columbia.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:28 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,782,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA. BOY View Post
I appologize, after reading the post it is a little confusing. There is one location on Haywood Rd in the old Wendy's location. The second is on Laurens Rd across from Dunkin Donuuts at East Atrium Drive. The owner has 2 other locations in Hickory, NC with future plans to open others in the upstate. It is locally owned and the website will be up soon. ST. LOUIS Burgers Home of the Original
Doesn't look like they even lasted a week. No signage on the old Wendy's. I don't think they ever even installed one. Everytime I drive by the restaurant, there are ZERO cars in the parking lot also. Doesn't matter what day or time of that day it is. Sure would have fooled me if they are still open.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:56 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,542,050 times
Quote:
Doesn't look like they even lasted a week. No signage on the old Wendy's. I don't think they ever even installed one. Everytime I drive by the restaurant, there are ZERO cars in the parking lot also. Doesn't matter what day or time of that day it is. Sure would have fooled me if they are still open.
WHO opens a new business without sufficient capital to last AT LEAST a year??

Old 01-16-2012, 05:27 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,782,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
WHO opens a new business without sufficient capital to last AT LEAST a year??
The best part though: they somehow had the money to get a billboard installed on Haywood Road across from Goodwill advertising their restaurant. So in other words, they used their money for a billboard instead of a permanent sign. Who does that? Talk about a confusing establishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateRocks View Post
Does anybody know what is going up on the huge lots across from McDonald's/Hardee's on poinsett hwy just before downtown? When going by yesterday, I noticed a huge "GONE" sign slapped over the for sale post...
Signage now up on site says "Coming Soon: QuikTrip."

Old 01-16-2012, 08:07 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,012,126 times
Maybe Cookout will take over that Wendys buiding on Haywood. Did St Louis Burgers put up a sign at the Checkers buiding on Laurens Rd? I ate there one night but no sign. I thought I was ordering at Checkers. Food was good but a little pricey and if anyone was wanting Checkers prices Huh! Very confusing all around. No way to start out in a town overcrowded with fast food restaurants as it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area